Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer a fully customizable post season league for weeks 18 through 21

Offer a fully customizable post season league for weeks 18 through 21. The league I've been hosting on a different site is a points only league consisting of 8 roster spots and no salary cap. Any participant can choose any player they prefer multiple times through weeks 18 through 21. The participant with the most points at the end wins.

300th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Totally customizable playoff formats

There absolutely needs to be the ability to create a totally customized playoff format. Our league went to 14 teams this year and it created several issues with playoffs, due to the limited options that yahoo allows. It shouldn't be very hard to allow commissioners total control for playoff brackets, allowing byes where an odd number of teams enter or continue in the playoffs. Other sites have these options and yahoo needs to keep up. I know we're not the only ones who are a bit salty about this. We want to come back next year, but you need to…

1st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  355 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding the Option for 2 Wins Per Week

Can you please add a Fantasy Football setting for leagues to allow multiple wins per week: 1 win for winning your head-to-head matchup and 1 win for finishing in the top half of the league in scoring.

Therefore, each week, every manager can go 0-2, 1-1 or 2-0.

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 14 team league. 6 play for championship, bottom 4 play for a last place prize

we have a 14 team league. our top six play for the championship and the rules are just fine for that format. our bottom 4 also play for a last place prize but yahoo doesnt support this.
    playing for a last place trophy is now much more common place but allowing the bottom 8 teams to be split into 2 separate brackets isnt supported by yahoo fantasy.
    either allowing us to choose the matches every week for all 3 playoff weeks or creating 2 separate consolation brackets would help solve this.

( week 14 11th plays 14th / 12th plays…

635th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can I have the top four seeds at the end of the season have a two week playoff system based on scoring vs head to head?

In our league we would like to keep head to head during the regular season but make it a two week playoff based on points alone. This will eliminate a team being penalized for having a bad fist round of the payoffs. Also eliminating a scenario where one team makes it to the Super Bowl winning 80-72 vs the other game finishing 156-142. Its not fair that a team who scores 142 gets eliminated and a team that scores 82 advances to the Super Bowl. Can this be done now with the Reseeding Option or do you have to go…

928th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can Playoffs become available from week 12?

Our workplace breaks for the holidays after week 13 of the NFL season. Under current playoffs schedule, the winner is determined on Christmas Day (in Australia) and no one cares.

I'd love to be able to start playoffs in week 12 and conclude them in week 13. ESPN allows this, but would prefer the yahoo platform for our work league

300th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Season Length in Non-Playoff leagues - CHANGE TO END IN WEEK 16!

Yahoo needs to allow leagues that do not use playoffs (just head to head or points only) to edit season length to week 16. There is no point for leagues to go to Week 17 when NFL teams are sitting starters. This seems simple considering leagues that use Playoffs end in week 15 or 16 anyways. Why would leagues that do not use playoffs not have the same ending week??

635th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 489th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Choose your playoff opponent

Have the top ranked team choose their opponent each round. Will help with bad teams making the finals based on match up

635th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow commissioner customization EVERY week of playoffs

I have Toilet Bowl brackets for both leagues I'm in. The loser advances each week instead of the winner. Loser of the final game "wins" the toilet bowl trophy. Yahoo only allows the winner to advance, so the managers are required to email me their rosters. I'm glad I can customize the 1st week now, but why can't Yahoo allow customization during the entire playoffs so I can edit who advances each week.

94th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Cameron. we very much appreciate your feedback as we’re focused on providing the best Fantasy Sports experience for our users. Our product and engineering teams are aware of the request and are investigating the feasibility of adding further customization to your playoff brackets.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Yahoo Product Support

11. Mixed Playoff Format Option (single elim + 2 wk final)

I'd like to have the option to start the playoffs with single elimination then have a 2 week final. Unlike some, I wouldn't want the finals to last through week 17, that's dumb. I'd want the finals to last through week's 15 & 16. The playoffs would obviously have to begin a week sooner. If 4 teams qualify, the playoffs begin in week 14. The max playoff allotment would be 6 teams with #1's getting a first rd bye and the playoffs beginning in wk 13. It's something different...

518th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide clinching scenarios for teams in the hunt for playoff spots

I'm trying to rally for a playoff spot in my league, it would be awesome if yahoo did the math for me to see who has to win/lose and how that impacts others.

196th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New playoff option

My buddy played in an ESPN league with this playoff setup and Id like yahoo to allow for this option as well.

How I want to do it is week 15 the semi finals, week 16/17 part 1 and part 2 of the finals. What do you think about that?? Even if you don't like it shouldn't we at least have the option so people who do like it can choose it?

409th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. All play record as a wild card and playoff spot tiebreaker criteria

Enable "All Play Record" as a wild card determiner. You already track a teams 'all play record' and report it, at least on a single week basis. My league has voted that this is our preferred metric for establishing wild card births into the playoffs. At the moment, as commissioner, I track that independently and will use the alter playoff seeding manually if needed this year, but it would be terrific to have this automated and reported as part of the league standings.

518th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Customize consolation matchups...

I want the ability to make the 11-12th place players play each other in a 3 week playoff

334th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Playoff Tiebreakers and Post season setup

Why do we have to go through leaps and bounds to set the playoffs for our league? I have three Suggestions
    1. head to head tiebreaker should be bench points. this clearly makes more sense I dont understand how this is not an option.
    2. Why is the consolation bracket locked so all teams have a bye, again let us decide our fantasy playoff brackets

518th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Extend the Fantasy Season into the NFL Playoffs

Extend the FF season into the NFL Playoff tournament. Allow leagues to carry their roster's forward, redraft, and have the interactive scoring

635th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 928th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reseeding

What is the deal with reseeding? My 14 team league consisting of 2 divisions was set up to award byes to division winners, then reseed in the 2nd round of the playoffs. One of the division winners had the worst record of remaining teams in the 2nd round and should have reseeded to play the top team. However Yahoo did not reseed as it was told. What is up with this? Can Yahoo not understand why a 2 seed would then shift to a 4 seed?

928th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Private money leagues settings locked

When it is a private league and money is being sent through Yahoo I think the settings should lock at the beginning of year. For example, my commish wasn't going to make playoffs how it was set (4 teams weeks 15,16) so he changed it to 6 teams for weeks 15,16,17. As me being the 1 seed I would have been in the championship next week but now have to play a semi in week 16.

928th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base