Fantasy Football

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we make Fantasy Football better?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pre-Draft Rankings

I have been playing Yahoo Fantasy football for 15 years and I have never had this issue. For some reason our pre-rankings are quarterback heavy with the top 20 pics as QB's. Our point distribution has been the same every year, and this is the first time we have experienced this. Is there a way to have the defualt pre-ranking the same as the AVG draft pick. Has anybody else had this issue? If this is a league issue I think it should be corrected. I would just like to know why this has changed and what I can do…

50th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Victory Points option

I think yahoo should add a victory points option. The way it works in H2H leagues, you play your H2H matchup and that's a win or a loss. (1-0) then your score is compared to the rest of the league, if you are in the top half of scoring you get another "win" if its the bottom half you get a loss. So every week there is 2 games. So you can be 2-0, 1-1, 0-2, on any given week. This helps reduce the luck of H2H schedules. It's funny to read how I am 6-4 but if I have…

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow for extended draft

Having the option for an extended draft, allows teams to draft over a period of time. For example, a league could start drafting three weeks before the season starts. Each team would have, 12 hours to make a pick. It is getting tougher and tougher to find a time to draft, so this would allow more freedom for everyone's schedule.

513th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Two-week Championship

Was looking for fantasy hockey engineering forum but alas.
    Can we please adjust our playoff settings to create a two-week championship round (combining weeks 23 and 24)?
    There is no option to do this despite popular support. Why?

219th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete Smack Talk from Old Leagues

I have multiple smack talk leagues that I don't use. Can you guys make a way to delete them? Every year someone strarts posting in the wrong chat and if we could delete older league chats it wouldn't happen. Not the biggest deal but it'd be nice to have that option.

513th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. tiebreaker

Could we have an option where the commissioner can set tiebreaker similar to what the NFL uses? First tiebreaker would be head to head result, second would be division record, third would be record vs common opponents, fourth would be strength of victory, and then finally points scored.

513th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Tiebreakers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow waivers by lottery

I think it would be great if you waiver claims could be resolved by lottery instead of position/ranking.

This would allow everyone to place waiver claims with no cost.

This would eliminate any need for people to wake up early the next morning to grab free agents who weren't important enough to waste waiver position, since there was no cost to begin with.

219th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Waivers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 336th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Season Story Calculation is Flawed

Your Season Story grade is fundamentally flawed. I agree with including the in-season management and final results but by incorporating our draft score you're incorporating YOUR projection of our draft score. In one of my drafts, I drafted Kareem Hunt in the 4th round. Your draft analysis ridiculed me for this pick.
    After Hunt finishing 3rd in overall running backs, I'd say I had the better draft strategy. I'd suggest if you do this again next year, you re-score the draft based on the final results and not on your questionable pre-draft rankings or even ADP.

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "One Button" Optimal Starting Lineup Option

Add a button for setting your lineup each week to optimize your starting lineup in one press of a button (based on the current projections at that time). When pressing the button, your starting lineup will update based on the highest projections and starting position availability.

142nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Blocked Eliminated Players From Waiver Claims in the Playoffs

Please Blocked Eliminated Players From Waiver Claims During Playoff

Eliminated players participating in the consolation bracket should not be able to make waiver claims. The ONLY players who should be allowed to make waiver claims are the players who are still in contention to win the championship. That is, after all, WHY WE PLAY THE GAME! When a player is eliminated, then makes waiver claims...its at best, bad form and poor sportsmanship and at worst it's cheating and possible collusion.

This should apply to all redraft leagues.

I guess Keeper Leagues Should have an option for eliminated players participating in…

219th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New Skill Level section shows inaccurate info

Today I noticed the new Skill Level that replaced the Smack Talk section on the My Team page. I'm not sure where it is pulling the information from but it is 100% false, not even close to being accurate. I have played in the same league that I created in 2003 which makes its inaccuracy even more surprising and confusing. It says I have managed 15 teams, which is true including this season, with a lifetime record of 68-54-0 with 4 trophies won (I assume that means all trophies not just Gold?). I just went through and checked and my…

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Fantasy Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DST and/or Kicker designation changes...

I have long hoped for ways to further customize fantasy leagues to add more interest, intrigue and strategy to the way owners can approach their matchups week to week.

One idea that I would love to see implemented some day would be for there to be a DSTK position or a DST position with a check box saying "track kicker stats" next to it.

This simple change could bring about many variables to how commissioners can lock in mandatory Roster positions that will impact how owners approach the draft, trades, waiver moves and setting their starting lineup week to week. …

271st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Rob, thanks very much for your feedback, certainly an interesting idea. I’ll pass it along to our product managers to investigate feasibility. Good luck this season!

Yahoo Product Support

14. Pre Draft rankings

Why are the pre-draft rankings to top heavy with QB's? That will make it very difficult with the leagues having auto pick players.

84th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback! The pre-draft rankings are based on total points projected, hence why QBs are stacked at the top.

Engineering is working to switch the current pre-draft rankings to match our X-ranks. Will update here once resolved. Thanks again!

Yahoo Product Support

15. Allow Best Ball Scoring

Give leagues the ability to use Best Ball Scoring. (Start your optimal lineup) This way you are allowed to set up Draft Only Best Ball leagues. There are other websites that offer them but would enjoy being able to use the Yahoo Fantasy App for that type of league.

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 513th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teddy Bridgewater was just switched from "Out" to "Inactive" despite being placed on PUP.

There is evidently an error in the way you update your injury status. Teddy Bridgewater had been listed as "Out" through the entire off-season until he was put on PUP, and then his status changed to "Inactive" which is normally saved for players not on an active roster.

78th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting this, guys. Our engineering team is working to resolve.

Yahoo Product Support

18. Please give the commissioner unlimited pauses for online drafts.

Please allow the commissioner to pause the draft an unlimited amount of times for the online draft. In a league where we can trade draft picks - it's annoying when the commissioner is unable to pause the draft to work out the players being picked up.

285th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dynasty format.

I am wanting to turn my redraft League that is on yahoo into a dynasty league. It would be awesome to have that option without having to go to a different host.

336th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let us disable the consolation bracket in fantasy playoffs

I know many people enjoy the consolation bracket in the playoffs, but no one in my league pays attention to these games or cares about them. All they do is mess things up. Please give us the option to turn the consolation bracket off!

There are two main benefits:

1. This will make the "lock eliminated teams" feature more effective (right now it's basically useless because it lets managers in the consolation playoffs continue to make waiver moves, which is not what most commissioners intend when they use this feature)

2. It will prevent meaningless consolation games from determining the…

513th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Playoffs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Fantasy Football

Feedback and Knowledge Base