Fantasy Hockey

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Overtime Goals as a stat

Please add Overtime Goals as a statistic option. It is a stat that is tracked by the NHL - results for last season can be viewed here:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&report=skatersummary&season=20152016&gameType=2&sort=otGoals&aggregate=0&pos=S

OT Goals are the truest form of a game winning goal, and is the ultimate exemplification of a "clutch" player.

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Average Time on Ice (ATOI)/ (TOI/G) as a scoring stat!

You already track it... each players ATOI can be viewed in the player pool. It's a great stat category to have to add value to good players, especially good D-men. Considering moving my league to ESPN because I know they have it.

15th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add average stats (fantasy points per game) for 14-15 & 15-16 season totals

This is key information for determining draft selections, and ensures good players who were injured aren't forgotten

38th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shootout Scoring

I'd really like to see shootout scoring introduced into the Yahoo Fantasy. Seeing as shootouts play a huge role in the winning of a game, it would be great as a fantasy "GM" to have your players who score a shootout goal get something like half a point and shootout winners be one point.

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Next season, penalty minutes should be scored as a negative rather than a positive.

What is the purpose of having a player in the penalty box creating positive stats, when he is making his team play short handed?

9th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  22 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set fantasy scoring by dmen separately from forwards and goalies.

I want to be able to set the scoring for dmen and not for all skaters. Dmen score less and should get more points for blocks, goals, assists, ect. right now they are quite useless unless you have top a top 5 dman in lineup.

206th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Add STP (Special Teams Points) as a Category. Short Handed+Powerplay Points

My league argues whether or not Short Handed Points are worth an entire category, yet they should be worth more than 5v5 points. By combining PPP and SHP into one category we could find some middle ground on this issue, and the stat would be easy to create on Yahoo's end.

47th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please update the stat corrections sooner in a series rather than at the very end.

It'd be ideal if Yahoo could update stat corrections earlier in a series rather than delaying it to the end. I didn't have the proper data stating I had lost faceoff wins yet when all the games were played we were tied. Upon "stat corrections" which go into effect at 3 AM eastern time, I saw I had lost because one of my players had 2 faceoff wins taken away. That blunder on Yahoo's part cost me a playoff series. Thanks.

475th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expand scoring categories

The big one I am getting at is a composite goalie wins category (W + OTL) have 2 points for a win, and 1 point for a overtime loss or shootout loss. Its so frustrating watching your goalie go the distance only to lose in a 6 round shootout.

Other stats which would be nice: goalie scoring stats contributing to the regular scoring categories, Defensive scoring bonus, even strength stats (G/A/P/Shutouts/etc.), primary assists (or a composite cat).

65th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can you add a Max Games Played Per Position Per Week to Head-to-Head leagues.

Please add a Max Games Played per Position for weekly Head-to-Head leagues. This would allow us to have head-to-head fantasy that doesn't benefit the players who play the most.

Preferably we would like it so that each position gets 1 or 2 starts max per week so that it more closely resembles the decision making that comes into play in Fantasy Football.

172nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can you please put point totals in the stats

Why dont you put the players point total? People cant do math. I think more would like it if there was a point total for each player. not just the stats that you keep for scoring. I think its ******** and everyone ive ever talked about it with agrees, So please change it. thanks

206th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please Add FO = FW-FL as a Scoring Category

Please add FO = FW - FL as a scoring category in head-to-head leagues. This is an important statistic, as it indicates how many net possessions a player gains for his team on faceoffs.

Using only FW as a scoring category is insufficient, as it tells only half the story. Likewise, using faceoff win percentage as a scoring category is not ideal, since it is skewed by non-centers who may take only one or two faceoffs per game.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Switch time periods of average stats to previous numbers of games

It'd seem a bit more accurate to be able to see average (fantasy points per game) stats that are calculated over the past 3, 6, 12 games, etc. Stats averaged over one or two weeks can be misleading when some teams will play only a couple games when others had upwards of six.

235th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Goalie scoring

Why are goalies not able to score as forwards score? Goalies can have PPP, SHP, G, A, GWG, PIMs, SOG!? These points can add value to a goalie beyond what they currently have!

And why isn't there a mechanism that allows the commissioner to correct such errors if needed?

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  75 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Defensive Stat Additions

It would be great to see the following incorporated in the league for scoring:

• Takeaways

• Giveaways

• Faceoff Win Percentage

36th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add faceoff win percentage.

Since you already have faceoff wins and faceoff losses, please just add the category faceoff win percentage. This is the stat by which centers are generally evaluated in their performance in the faceoff circle.

11th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. different scoring for defensemen and forwards in the same pool

We really need to have our defensemen be able to get different stats than the forwards in our pool. For the last four years we have had to have a separate pool for the defensemen stats as you cannot separate the scoring for the positions. We have a keeper pool that is based off of real NHL salaries and the defensemen need to have blocked shots and hits as well as goals and assists to be equal to the top forwards. However you cannot have only the defensemen get the blocked shots and hits. It would be awesome if this…

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add a bonus points option for a hat trick

I would like to add some additional incentive to owners that have a player who scores a hat trick. Currently, the scoring is just that 3 goals are 3 goals. Hat tricks are a unique thing that happens in hockey and it is special when it does happen. It would be nice to bring that into this game and be able to choose how many points it would be as a bonus for a player scoring a hat trick.

23rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have Goalies max different than other players

No NHL goalie plays 82 games but every good fully healthy forward or d-man will play 82 games. The best and healthiest goalies play only 65 or 70 games ...please make that an option.
    I've played in 14 team leagues with 2 goalie spots of 82 ...teams end up having 4 to 5 goalies just to fill up the 162 games (even having AHL goalies on the bench).
    I would like to set-up 65 or 70 GP/goalie so two top healthy goalies is all you really need. 130 or 140 GP instead of 164 ...stop the scrambling for 3 and…

85th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to breakout fantasy points specific to positions. For example, have hits/blocks be worth points to defencemen only, not to forwards

Only reason we don't use Yahoo anymore is because they can't break-out stats by positions. Need to break it out to make having d-men in the lineup equally valuable

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base