How can we make Fantasy Hockey better?

Same Day Drops in Daily->Tomorrow Leagues

In Daily->Tomorrow leagues when a player comes off the IR I can't get him into the game until the next day when the drop goes through.

What I would like to see is an option for the commissioner that will allow players to be dropped immediately, specifically when I'm trying to replace them with someone who is coming off the IR.

I think the reason we play Daily->Tomorrow leagues is to prevent Sunday afternoon roster churning in close matches. I don't see much benefit to the waiting period when dropping a player, if you still can't pick up a player until the next day anyway. So for ease of implementation the setting could just be "Allow Instant Drops" or "Allow Instant IR Return Drops". As a side note, if this was implemented, it would probably be reasonable to give the GM the option of dropping immediately or drop tomorrow, in cases where the GM actually wants to player to be dropped to be in that nights game.

108th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Wolf Stansson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wolf Stansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody seemed to realize I was talking about a hybrid of Daily->Today and Daily->Tomorrow. As a third league type, or a separate option for instant drops in Daily->Tomorrow leagues.

It is most certainly possible, just not with the current commissioner options, it would require some backend work by Yahoo. One new league option for the commissioner and an IF statement.

• dare bear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jamie, you can do everything you wish to accomplish if you change your settings to daily - today.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jamie

Won't happen, the league setting of daily - tomorrow can't be over-ridden.

• Wolf Stansson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous I am 100% aware of that. I want a commissioner option to tweak Daily->Tomorrow leagues and allow Daily->Today style drops, not adds.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What you are describing is possible in Daily - today leagues, but not daily - tomorrow leagues. Your league is either 1 or the other, features of both cannot be combined.

Feedback and Knowledge Base