Fantasy Hockey

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the option to only see the custom leagues that have 1 or 2 spots remaining

When looking for a custom Yahoo fantasy hockey league to join, provide the ability to only show the leagues that are looking to fill the final spot. This saves me scrolling past pages and pages of leagues that have, e.g. 1 out of 12 positions filled in. I figure most people looking to join the league want a full league, so would make sense to have that sort of filter available. Also a time of the day filter would be handy - e.g. I know that 9am local time is most suitable for me, whereas currently can only select entire…

357th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Corsi (shot attempt differential) for points

If the point of fantasy points is to measure skill, then shot attempt differential can no longer be ignored. As a more accurate version of +/-, it correlates much more with winning than, say, blocked shots or hits, both of which are currently counted in fantasy leagues.

These stats are very easily attained now that the NHL is keeping official track of them on their website, so I don't see why assigning something like 0.1 pt per corsi wouldn't work. An amazing night of +10 corsi would thus be 1pt — nothing too intrusive, but something which rewards smart understanding of…

82nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pro Leagues - Lock consolation bracket teams

They shouldn't even exist, just like in the sports they follow. My one hockey league had the 11th place team add the top 3 FAs this morning to his team that has nothing to play for.

If you want people to take the Pro Leagues seriously, stop letting teams that aren't competing for money anymore take the top players remaining on the FA/Waiver wire.

Or institute FAAB budgets.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Cheating or Sportmanship  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notifications

Should have Notification pop ups when we log on to our leagues best example are trades. People I talk to don't check There pool all the time and having a notification of a trade request pop up when they log on would improve that feature and also injuries when guys come back etc.... People I've talked too don't know when a trade request has been sent to them unless they take the time to go thru there team and everything going on. Notifications when you log on would improve that. Thank you.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Special awards to the most outstanding players. Example: Louis C. Commissioner of The Book of Biogenesis #46743. 14 medals out of 18 leagues

Special award to Commissioner Louis C. of The Book of Biogenesis #46743. "Numba Won Herooo" for winning 14 medals in 18 Hockey leagues. Probably Commissioner to all leagues. Just extraordinary!

496th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional Medals

The below are not frequent (everyday) occurrence, which should make the additional medals feasible.

1. Hat Trick

2. Empty net goal

3. Gordie Howe hat trick

4. Natural hat-trick

5. Goaltender's Goal

6. Goaltender's Assist

68th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can you please fix up the 'Records' section of the Fantasy Hockey, so that the same entry is never shown dozens of times repeatedly?

Can you please fix up the 'Records' section of the Fantasy Hockey, so that the same entry is never shown dozens of times repeatedly? e.g. Consecutive Matchup Defeats (all time) for my league currently shows an identical entry for a team about 20 times. Essentially, if there are multiple entries matching a particular record feat, only first n should be shown... maybe n most recent ones.

117th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. giveaway/Takeaway - Faceoff W/L

Maybe Yahoo can have an option for these stats Faceoff wins minus faceoff loses and takeaways minus giveaway. To reward defensive player and make teams more balanced

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Scoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flagging Players on the Trading Block

When viewing the "Player List", it would be nice if the players currently on the trading block could be flagged in some way.

234th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. League Pick Em for Hockey please?

Its fun in football, anyway to make it available in hockey leagues?

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Draft/Keeper Experience needs an overhaul

1st - manually entering keepers should be an option, not the standard. Other websites don't have this archaic way of inputting keepers, they just magically appear in the teams roster! Novel idea!

2nd - it would be nice if I select a non-snaking draft, it remains a non-snaking draft and doesn't revert back every time.

3rd - I should be able to change from snaking to non-snaking draft easy. Thisnoptionnshoukd be plain as say and not hidden in a spot that is now a mystery to me as I get an error message when in try to access the custom…

95th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix for not know what goalies are starting

Since we don't always know if a goalie is starting we should be able to (just for goalies) queue our goalies on our roster to start. For example.

If I have Rask, Schnieder and Miller and they are all playing that night I should be able to go

Rask (1)
    Miller (3)
    Schnieder (2)

So if for some reason Schnieder or Rask doesn't start then Miller would automatically slide into the starting lineup. This would work if you had backup or time share goalies on the same team on your roster. And if you don't queue them then they won't…

172nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show each players weekly schedule. How do you expect people to choose which player to put in their weekly line-up?

A list of the players on your roster in the first column, a list of how many games and against whom (also home or away) in the next column, and the points your player has earned, and for what (ie.PPG,HIT,SOG, etc.) in the last column. As it is now we have to scroll through each player individual day by day, and write down when they are playing and against whom, and if it's home or away, then after several hours of compiling this information we can choose who we want to put in our line-up for the week. It's not…

206th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Maximum Number of Trades Possible is Too Low

I'm in a 14 team league and only 6 maximum trades is way too low. I think the number should be increased for all leagues or be proportional for the amount of teams in the league.

132nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make some additions to the yahoo live draft room

Maybe allowing commissioners the option to make trades during the draft. Give more advanced options to draft pick times, for example allow the comish to set longer pick times for the first 2 rounds or so. just making the Draft room more interactive overall would be a great benefit that could be enjoyed by all fantasy managers in all of the different sports yahoo has to offer

87th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SMALLER MOCK DRAFT OPTIONS!!! - either 5 or 6 people. Please make it happen!

Please make an option for smaller mock draft sizes. 8 people does absolutely nothing to help a lot of people practice.

Thanks!

111th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Draft Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. statistics of traded players available for league review

there should be a link available to the league to see what are the statistics of the traded players in order to appreciate the value of the trade. The link should lead to a page identical to the last page we reach just before sending a trade offer where we can see all statistics easily. it seems to me the solution already exists and could, probably, be done quite easily.

thank you for considering my proposal

660th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Site maintenance hours before 1st game???

Curious why Yahoo chose to perform site maintenance in the hours leading up to the 1st game on Feb 18/19? Seems like something that should be done in the middle of the night. And my commish says that he cannot go back and adjust lineups after games have been played, which seems ridiculous.

660th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Limit the number of trades that involve draft picks.

Id like an option to limit the number of trades that involve draft picks. I run a league with no max on trades but people will start trading and hoarding draft picks for the next season. Id like to say limit the trades with draft picks to 3 but other trades have no max limit.

660th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Dustin Brown LW eligible

As outlined by cap friendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/dustin-brown is still a player considered for both wings. Last year he was eligible for both. While he predominately plays the right, there is no question throughout the year he lines up at both sides of the ice. Please update accordingly

660th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Position Eligibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base