Scrap the Captain idea, the 15 man squad and the £150 million budget, leave it as it was last year, it ain't broke, no need to "fix it"
Leave it alone
I really can't believe Yahoo believes this to be a good product. I'd leave today if I could contact all of the players in my league, but since there is no forum......I have to communicate in other ways. I've played in this league for years and would hate to leave, but Yahoo Fantasy Premier League is unplayable in my humble opinion! Fix it and fix it fast!!!!
When the week starts we need to be able to view the other teams lineups in our leagues. Thats half the fun, black box points dont mean anything.
Come on guys, think this one through for a second. Having a captain that scores double points introduces too much "randomness" in the game and reduces the need for careful team selection. Statistically, I can simply creating a team around Bale or RVP as captains and end the season in the top tier.THINK ABOUT IT!!
If you trying to make the game more attractive, why not introduce prizes!! Stop messing with a perfect game.
I hope for everyone's sake (esp Yahoo's) this format that I'm looking at is not permanent. Or else, this game is doomed to fail. RAPIDLY!
Bring back the old classic format. Neat and simple. UNIQUE! Get rid of this "captain" idea. Bench is not a terrible thought but extra 50 mil for 4 extra spots that one can fill in with 5-6 mil at most? Its nonsense. It leaves a manager with ~145 mil for 11 starting players and needless to say with that budget you can afford ALL the premium players. Result: everyone will have 90% similar teams and the fun just flies of the window.
Honestly, if it was up to me, and I'm sure for other 99% of the passionate fantasy managers/geeks, Yahoo would retain its last year's format and the only tweak should be live updates of the points. HUGE improvement and best of all the trend of people actually playing the game would be on a green arrow rather than red, as its doomed to be if all this nonsense goes through!
Please Yahoo, for everyone's sake... THINK!
The biggest fan YFPL has ever had
Just keep it as it was! Just freeze it when the games are on so people can't get players before the scores update!
I can't see anyone playing this new version - sack the guys who changed it and bring back the game we've enjoyed for THE LAST 10 YEARS!
WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT WAS WORKING FINE ?
as title says budget is too high, captain not worthwhile feature
Substitutions on the other hand might turn out to be fun.
Nikos Papadojannis commented
By the time you've finished with the "changes", there'll be no one left to play. Still no message boards. What a joke.
Every single one of your "fixes" is just adding back features from last year that you removed for no reason. It's really, really sad.
STILL NO MESSAGEBOARDS CANT JOIN MY USUAL GROUPS - NO FUN ANYMORE !!!!! AND TOO MUCH MONEY TO SPEND
Admin, please fix these issues:
1) in top player menu, please show 'this week points' of players. Previous season has this info.
2) in private league, please show 'points per week' for every teams not only total points. Previous season has this info.
Otherwise is great updates.
This truly could become one of the textbook examples of how not to relaunch a product. A whimsical copy-cat strategy, poorly thought out by people who neither understood the strengths of the product they had nor the motivations of their consumers. A product that upon release was inexcusably bug-ridden, clunky and confusing. Gameplay that was slow and had nowhere near enough clearly defined rules to meet the exacting demands of what was an aficionado market. Then to cap it all, they remove all the fun from the game by failing to offer any forum options. I'd laugh if I wasn't one of the tens of thousands of newly disenfranchised long term players. Shocking Yahoo! Utterly and unforgivably shocking. Goodbye till next season, I hope by then you will have seen the glaringly obvious errors of your ways and the game that I and my friends had grown to love is returned to us.
10+ Year player here.... DONT - Scrap the Captain idea, DONT - scrap the 15 man squad and DONT scrap the £150 million budget. I was originally skeptical but it's actually great.
However I do agree with all the other changes especially changing the substitutes to 1 of each position in all formations AND sorting by player statistics INCLUDING successful crosses.
Great work! message boards going up today? wanted to post a link for projected lineups to help out the players in my league
Stick with it they are working on this and changing alot for the good.
vote that up. And check out the started suggestions that they posted on
FANTASTIC START YAHOO KEEP IT UP, VERY PLEASED THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN ON THESE ISSUES!!! Lots to go including corners won, and I am not sure if you guys meant to change the scoring of the .5 point things. Seems ok, just don't know if you meant it. Corners won seems like an easy thing to add from the stat service you use. Or maybe they don't have that and that why you don't have CW. An update on that would be nice swell. TY for the reply, you are making people happy.
terry fleetwood commented
We have been with you for last 8 years, please fix the problems outlined by all the negative comments.
Too much money to spend.
Need to see other teams selections in your league
Posting forum for each mini league
faster update of scoring
S Coates most popular player that's because everybody is buying subs for £1m. Remove subs.
Thank you...please amend before people start to leave
Mike Roberts commented
Not only do you need to see other teams players and scores for the current week, but for previous weeks also. Although not as important as the current week, if you are running a competition and do not have access to the system for a couple of weeks, then you need to go back and look up the scores for the previous weeks. Even if the commissioner of the league doesn't have to go back in time, there will probably be at least one week where yahoo doesn't update the scores till the next week and with a competition run in a league you need to know what points belong to what week.
When I look at the team page there is a drop-down box for the week, but it only shows '2', which is now the week for updating the team. What way do we have of looking back at previous weeks, either in the team or the group pages. I could be wrong but it looks to me as if we can only see the current week in the home tab using the 'LIVE' button and the upcoming week in the team tab.
It appears that the people developing this new version of fantasy football didn't have a clue what existed in the old game. You know the one that everyone keeps telling you we want back. We keep seeing comments, that you've made an improved game and we just have to be patient. How can you claim to have an improved game when you don't know what was in the old one?
This topic is not even in under review and there is no any respond from yahoo too. Wondering...
Pat Nicholson commented
ABSOLUTELY! I applaud the many UI improvements you've made and I'm fine with the scoring system, as is, but not being able to track your progress in the context of the other teams is MORE THAN HALF of the fun. Bragging rights are the WHOLE POINT of forming and playing in a private league.
Please prioritize this fix. Otherwise we will likely cut over to another service.
michael treen commented
rubbish system without this, takes all the fun out of having mini-leagues. final score no longer gives a laugh when a player in a pal's team misses a penalty etc.
I posted this in the UK feedback version but hopefully an admin will read it here as well:
I have to echo the sentiment below. After playing YFF for 5 years my group of friends and league have cultivated a strong competitive base for YFF. I was open-minded to changes this year but it appears little to no testing took place. This has resulted in releasing a half finished game. Yes it is free to play but nonetheless it is a complete disappointment. A disappointment especially when many of the bugs/problems are EASY FIXES and were functioning without a hitch in the previous version.
Here is a short list of bugs/errors:
- Still no comment/message board.
- Live points do not work. Period. Earlier I noticed Edin Hazard had 4 shots on target when he had none and De Bruyne had a SAVE. Great job in goal Kevin! This was amended later but it defeats the purpose of live scoring.
- Live points can only be viewed for players you own.
- 'Total Points' is not updated as games are completed.
- 'Points' is not updated as games are completed.
- Buying and selling players works but is buggy. Saturday I tried to sell players and the system would not allow me to do so. I closed and opened the browser and then they were sold.
- 'Players I'm selling' is no longer visible as it was in previous YFF. It appeared on the right hand column. It listed all players you were about to sell before clicking 'Save changes'.
- 'Are you sure you want to make these changes?' no longer appears when buying players. In the previous version a new page would appear summarizing the players you were about to sell and those you were about to buy.
- Sorting players on the team page is no longer clean. You can't sort by team and position like you could in the previous YFF. Instead you have to sell a player, click on the position and then sort by team. This doesn't seem like much but it takes an extra few steps to accomplish the same goal. Please allow to sort by position, team and my team as was allowed on the previous YFF version.
- You cannot see the teams of other participants in your league after deadline.
- Player prices are not updated following games.
- League standings are not updated after games. Previous YFF updated after every series of games--not just the end of the week.
- Original player prices and their market price do not appear on the UI as did with the previous YFF version.
- All statistics such as SC, PI, TW etc do not appear on the player page. They appear on the 'My team' page but that is not useful since I can only see those statistics for 15 players on my team that week. I would like to sort by every statistic tracked as was possible with last year's YFF.
- The 'Form' column is useless. Let me guess...it's the player's average score over the last three weeks?
- The admin panel has the 'x' right by the slider. Deleting a team from the league is too easy.
- The fixture list for the next week does not appear after deadline as it did in the previous version of YFF.
- Mobile site does not work. Period.
- Corner won was removed from the scoring. 99% of the time a CW awarded it is obvious. Removal of corner won devalues certain players. It was a great addition to scoring in the previous version.
Come on guys. My email is listed on this post. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I want to see you release the BEST yahoo game as you have in the past. By far YFF was my favorite fantasy game. In it's current state it is incredibly frustrating especially considering there are so many working/clean functions that have been REMOVED from last year's version.
i concur wholeheartedly!
I thought I was just being stupid and could not find how to view the live scoring of the other teams in my private league....REALLY? No comparative scoring, whats the point of playing if I can't see how my team is doing compared to others in my league - THATS THE ENTIRE POINT OF FANTASY SPORTS....Sorry, but this is terrible.
Can we say Bye-bye Yahoo? And say welcome to other Fantasy sites like Premier League? (which i believed Yahoo is copying their scoring format and etc... the different is just the layout) what a shame...
Please bringf back the option to see other players teams. Please. its all a bit joyless at the mo.
loss of fun if we cannot see the lineup of other teams. Pls add it back !