Horrible new Yahoo Home Page setup!
In today's world where people have a BUSY life and time is PRECIOUS, the LAST thing we need is to have our Home Page changed on us and have to scroll down a long list of items to find newsworthy articles which are not sorted in accordance to our preferred level of interest (World News; Canadian News; Local News) and fields of interest. Unless you revert to how it was before (and hopefully CUT DOWN on the annoying ads on either side of the reading space, then you will lose me and I will walk away! This is TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL of your customers. It is annoying and does not render the experience more agreeable. Cut the nonsenses and get with the REALITY of the cyber world. Instead of annoying adds which take a lot of space and interfere with our use of the page, why don't you have a series of 'trailer-style' scrolling sort of like a bar for the Stock exchange (not very high) which would be SPONSORED by a company willing to PAY for the space to get our attention - BUT with the possibility of the CUSTOMER CHOICE as to WHAT sort of scrolls they want to see. Here are a few examples which I am sure would attract MANY PEOPLE:
1) A scroll of written jokes people could read;
2) Story time bedtime stories at night for parents to read to small children
3) Newsflash scroll of the latest news around the world
4) Newsflash scroll of the latest national news
5) A scroll indicating what are the current movies playing in our area and at what times an where
6) Food items for sales and at what price in our local area
7) STORM Warning scroll (could override other scrolls at times of emergencies and sponsored by local municipal authorities on behalf of public well-being and safety)
8) Similar scroll as above for AMBER Alerts in our region
9) Similar scroll as # 7 but for alerts telling the public of a specific danger: i.e., contaminated water; epidemic starting; food poisoning issues; a criminal on the lose wanted by police (with description) until more details come out in a news article
10) Stock exchange scroll (for those who would like that)
11) Sports scores scroll for the sports fans on a National, Provincial level an world (during Olympics)
...and I am certain there could be plenty more much more useful things than the annoying garbage you have been posting as ads (even on our E-mail screen! - It does NOT belong there and we should not have to click all the time to get it out of the way! You are wasting precious minutes of OUR TIME! I am certain my scroll idea would make you OODLES of money and many more ideas could come along which would be far MORE practical than thins which constantly annoy us. FIX IT or lose DROVES of people and see what happens next. . . THOUSANDS ARE LEAVING FACEBOOK - and THOUSANDS will be WALKING AWAY FORM YAHOO IF YOU DO NOT FIX THIS FAST!!!
What ever happened to Yahoo! Classic mail? I agree the new page foisted upon hardy Canadians is ugly and over-the-top. Marissa, really, are you ok?
Agreed new home page is terrible. The old one is better. Time to find a new home page with these dummies making things worse.
I don't like this new yahoo page please change I hate it
too long, need icon to select topics, what nerd designed this? Thanks for the heads up that this was coming, I'm switching my home page
your new yahoo sucks