Purple too strong, format of main story with big picture is terrible, format o flong list of stories is wasteful
- Purple bar colour is too strong, it dominates the content.
- Format of main stories with big picture in center of screen is terrible. By superimposing text over the photo, I get a photo that is 1.5" h x 5"w with bottom part missing that could be interesting. Give me a complete 2"x3" pic with text beside it.
- News stories that scroll for miles down the page should not have photos and several lines displayed. Should be a single headline of text that when you scroll over it you get a bubble with several more lines of text that you can click on to see the whole article if you wish.
- Start with main Canadian news stories first. If I want general news of the world I would go to yahoo.com (where at least I have some customizing control over the organization of the screen).
- Give us an option to link to the old format of yahoo Canada, then track how many users opt for it. That will give you good feedback on what we think of your redesign.
Anonymous shared this idea