Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Homepage

stop making us click through on articles

It is absolutely ridiculous that you make us click through to read an article. Once the article has been clicked on - show the article. It is a pain in the rear and it always makes me leave the site. This is why you are going broke and users are abandoning you!!!

40th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John SandsJohn Sands shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, this is only one of many reasons that Yahoo is going broke and losing users.

• RobbRobb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a reason Yahoo went from 20-30 headline articles to 6. It was too cumbersome and too time consuming. I like to breeze through a number of articles on my break. It is tiresome to have to click and wait again for the full article to appear. Not all of us have the super fast internet... so clicking again at work to finish an article before the end of my break... awe who needs it!

• LarryLarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have actually stopped clicking through, but I do write down the ads so that I avoid those businesses too! One way or the other Yahoo is going to have to stop screwing us.

• Candy Jo BlumeCandy Jo Blume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just getting on Yahoo to say the same thing until I saw your comment. I hope they listen. The ads cover what you are trying to read, which I don,t EVER read and if I glance it is only to see who I'm not going to do business with. I am going to change my home page. For example, 50 states worst counties means 50 pages. I won't do it. Yahoo is getting sucky. Goodbye Yahoo.
        It used to be good.

I have to agree with all of the comments about having to click through all of the ******** to read an article that should only take a few minutes to read I have better things to do than put up yahoos ads and ******** !!! probably will go to another email and home page. just like all the other people who are fed up the way yahoo is doing things no rhyme or reason as to the way things are being done. I am sure that yahoo doesn't care or even reads our comments

I agree...I am irritated that I have to click through twice to read the article...stop it.

don't you'll understand. the article is NOT the point..... Its the hundreds and hundreds of ads that they stream through on all the clicks that they initiate with the article, I hate this site and really hate what they have done with the stock boards. The selling of ads is all that matters to Yahoo.com. I only stay because I am familiar with it, but with every change they make that is going away!

absolutely correct. why have us keep on clicking its a waste of time and drive one to another cite

• Ryan FarrRyan Farr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could not agree more. Seems unlikely to change though. That middle page is an extra opportunity for ad sales. That additional revenue is worth more to Yahoo than it's users level of frustration.

• Chris BaileyChris Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

God....finally i find someone that has said something about click thru articles! I do the same most of the time. I don't have the time to sit there and click through an article that is taking 15..... 20 minutes to read and if they would put it on one page or paragraph it would only take people a minute or two to read the same article. I always thought computers helped us speed things up so we could do more....etc. Click articles is defeating the whole purpose!

Yes I agree totally. Why do I have to click twice to read an article? I can live with the removal of the old-style scrolling newsfeed, which I liked, but having to click twice to read any article is very annoying and unnecessary.

• a nony mousea nony mouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's ridiculous. moving email and homepage away from the click throughs, constantly popping ads, 24/7 kardashian news

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base