Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Homepage

The comments are still very broken

The comments are still very broken. I am encountering all of the following errors:

- Instead of posting my comment, the SAVE button causes the page to reload, destroying my comment

- The SAVE button seems to work, but then my comment is never seen again

- My comment appears and disappears when I look at a story at different times.

- Words that are not profanity get the censorship treatment. In some cases, the censorship appears in the middle of a word.

- When I click My Comments, it finds no comments and reports 0 comments.

- When I click My Comments, I see nothing but the comment I just posted. It reports 1 comment.

- When I click My Comments, I see all of my comments except the one I just posted.

- "The comments did not load. Retry?"

- The display of comments shows only the comments before my comment, but not my comment or the replies to it.

- The cursor in the comment text box keeps disappearing and I can't type while it is gone (probably a script).

- The CPU usage goes to 100% and I can't type.

- The replies will not load. It acts as though my slow DSL was too slow for the server to bother. But where I love, I can't get anything faster.

- Sometimes the comment that is posted is not what I saw when I clicked the SAVE button. It is an earlier unfinished version.

- Conservative comments seem to disappear from some threads, while liberal comments remain.

- Often I post an answer to a question. When I look at that topic later, my answer is there, but the question in another reply is gone. The answer looks stupid without the question.

351st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MidiMagicMidiMagic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MidiMagicMidiMagic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Temporary Network Error. Please try again later" destroys what I typed. Why do you have so many failures?

The thumb down seems to not hide comments. Good,.

Again, the comment box fails to appear or shows no comments (when I know there are comments)

I see the dreaded down thumb is back. Will it have the despicable power to hide comments again???

You hate freedom of speech if you allow ratings to hide comments.

Again, the comment box fails to appear or shows no comments (when I know there are comments)

'Temporary Network Error. Please try again later" (destroyed what I typed). This happens only on the pages that display the colored box links to social media.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the rest of us don't have these problems it couldn't possibly be you, could it?

Now the comment box is failing to appear again. This seems to happen more on the pages where you stuff the page with so much content that not all of it will fit in the computer.

We need compatibility, not bells and whistles. Make the stuff we want work. Get rid of all of the extra fluff, including the entire right hand column.

Your system is still very busticated!

- Clicking on the bell causes a little spinner to turn for about 30 seconds. Then nothing happens.

- I see "Be the first to comment" on a topic I commented on yesterday.

- 'Temporary Network Error. Please try again later" (and it destroyed what I typed).

- Click on a link and nothing happens.

- Pass over the stupid Yahoo bar (which I do not want) and the My reactions window closes. Then it will not open again.

Your system is a hodge podge of bad software that can't keep a database straight.

Fix your stupid comments system. It almost never works right.

I now know that slow DSL is not causing it. I upgraded to Uverse and still have error after error.

Or do you have to have a stupidphone to use this dumb system?

Your programmers need replacement as well as the software.

It's still a mess. There are two different comment systems on the various pages, and each one messes up in different ways.

The first comment system has a banner above it with colored links for Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Share. This version causes the following errors:

- More often than not, the "Temporary Network Error. Please try again later" appears, causing failure to post and destroying the typed text.

- There is no "My comments" link. You have to click your avatar to get it. Then it sometimes does not work.

- When the my comments dialog box opens, the slightest disturbance closes it (including an error message from another window).

- Sometimes the "Replies" link opens the reply button, but does not display the replies.

- When there are many replies, the "view more" button appears. Sometimes you have to click it multiple times to get it to work.

The second comment system has no banner above it. This version causes the following errors:

- It smashes all of the paragraphs together into an huge lump that is hard to read.

- It NEVER gives the "Temporary Network Error. Please try again later" error. But sometimes clicking Send just does not work. It just sits there.

- It sometimes will not show replies to a comment.

- Sometimes the post that was visible later disappears when viewing My Comments (but the My Comments link is there).

I NEVER have trouble in this feedback section.

It's getting worse. I think their site is horribly overloaded. But instead of fixing it, they are waiting until the election roar ends. I can post in maybe one of every 20 attempts.

It's better at night, when I can post in one of every six tries.

And I think they are discriminating against slower ISPs.

Or are they trying to create a state religion of PC and preventing people who don't obey that stupid religion from posting?

Now I get a "temporary network trouble" error when I click the post button, and my comment is destroyed.

The page reloads when I click the post button and my comment is destroyed.

By the way, I NEVER have trouble posting in this feedback site. This shows that the trouble is in Yahoo, not in my computer.

Why can't you make your stuff work right?

Again, when I clocked on SAVE, the page is reloading, destroying the comment. When the page has reloaded, some of the ads and "what to read next" links are different. Do you really need to update these idiot things in such a hurry that you have to destroy my post to do it?

Or do you have post censors who force the liberal religion of PC on us? I can see no reason for the "in 4 minutes" time on s post unless you have censors monitoring everything people post.

What happened to freedom of speech?

Feedback and Knowledge Base