Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Homepage

Unclosable Apple Ad

The fact that I cannot close that Apple ad is extremely annoying and has now officially pushed me away from Yahoo! permanently.

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ToddTodd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I want to be able to turn off the big ads across the top of my Yahoo homepage. Apple watch is on with no x to close it.  ·   · 
    Fuck yahooFuck yahoo shared a merged idea: STOP WITH THE APPLE PHONE ADS STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Seriousy? Another F#*@ING Apple ad that won't close? Goodbye.  ·   · 
    Bill BatcherBill Batcher shared a merged idea: Appl  ·   · 
    GlennGlenn shared a merged idea: Apple  ·   · 
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: I am about to end use of yahoo sincee they do not understand to have a way to shut down the apple ads.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: lose the apple add or put an "X" on it  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How come I can't delete the Apple adds on top of my home page? About ready to switch to Google!!!!  ·   · 
    Terry MuenchTerry Muench shared a merged idea: I *STRONGLY* object to how Yahoo treats Apple ads different from all other ads; the user should be able to close Apple ads!!  ·   · 
    patpat shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE MAC ADVERTISEMENT COVERING MY HOMEPAGE!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop the stupid mac book popup  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Do i need to get a new browser since I can not close the irritating apple add?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let the apple ads be closeable.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How about placing a close button on your damned advertisements. You just assured Apple Computers that I'll NEVER buy one of their products  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: And the unclosable Apple ad is back... seriously?!?!?!? Don't you read all the complaints about this?  ·   · 
    Robert OwenRobert Owen shared a merged idea: Quit force feeding your ads on consumers.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP THE HALF PAGE APPLE ADS THAT I CAN'T CLOSE!!!!!! THIS **** HAS TO STOP!!!!!  ·   · 
    SilvbultSilvbult shared a merged idea: I do not like you page adds that do not have the X top right to close out off the screen.  ·   · 
    Karen GuerreroKaren Guerrero shared a merged idea: Why do you continue to allow ads that we can't close? It makes me want to close Yahoo!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get this apple ad off of the homepage  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: lose the apple add or put the "X" on it!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Apple ads that cannot be X'ed out of are completely irrating. Do NOT force feed us ads or we will rebel against you by walking away. Put the  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: apple ads are not closeable  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: quit going to bed with Apple ads. (x) this is an exit symbol.  ·   · 
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: Please stop auto-playing videos in the front page... The front page is already too busy without multiple gif/videos playing... Auto-play o  ·   · 
    Helen WilkersonHelen Wilkerson shared a merged idea: Apple ads  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Close Ad does not work with LENDING TREE. Do not allow then to block the Close Ad icon.  ·   · 
    aa shared a merged idea: Please allow ADs, such as "Lending Tree" as a pop-up to be deleted! The "close" ad feature does not work when seleccted.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Lending Tree ad at top of the home page will not close.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't need to see a movie trailer every **** time I log in to "my" yahoo. It's even worse that I can't turn it off.  ·   · 
    susansusan shared a merged idea: the ads are all over the page running stop it why can't they be on the side of page all the way down  ·   · 
    KW CowanKW Cowan shared a merged idea: Please get rid of takeover ads that interrupt the home page!! It's very straining on the eyes, not to mention SUPREMELY irritating!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Annoying Pop Up ads that Obscure your view EVERY time you open or return to the homepage  ·   · 
    jan grose martindalejan grose martindale shared a merged idea: The apartment.com is the most irritating ad I've ever had pop up on my screen. It constantly pops up & covers the screen.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: will you stop the GIANT ads on the homepage...annoying!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the large ads at the top of the news page. Are you listening?  ·   · 
    tomtom shared a merged idea: to many adds  ·   · 
    LinnLinn shared a merged idea: WAAAAYYYYY TOO MANY POP-Up ADS!!! so distracting that I won't try to read any of the stories  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Now your putting up ads that cannot be closed  ·   · 
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: IF YOU DON'T STOP THE BIG ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL LOSE ME!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE ADS I CAN'T DELETE LIKE THE APPLE AD ON NOW!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the Apple I-pad ads that you can't close out.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please remove the HUGE pop up ads at the top of home page... I am very tired of clicking close ad... Close to using another site as my home.  ·   · 
    H MencherH Mencher shared a merged idea: REMOVE YOUR IPAD AID ADS THAT TAKE UP 1/3 OF MY SCREEN FROM YOUR HOMEPAGE  ·   · 
    DaleDale shared a merged idea: Apple ad is unacceptable. At least give us a way to x the ad.  ·   · 
    BOBBOB shared a merged idea: GET THAT HALF PAGE APPLE AD OFF MY HOME SCREEN PAGE! I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE PAYING YOU - IS IT WORTH LOSING A FEW MILLION YAHOO USERS?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of the adds and for sure the apple add on top of the page  ·   · 
    robertrobert shared a merged idea: remove apple ipad ad and stop puting ad on top page of yahoo  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE ******* IPAD ADD THAT EATS UP HALF MY ******* SCREEN YOU ********.  ·   · 
    LeslieLeslie shared a merged idea: Large Ad Banners  ·   · 
    ROBERT KERECZROBERT KERECZ shared a merged idea: IF YOU DON'T STOP THE BIG ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL LOSE ME!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE ADS I CAN'T DELETE LIKE THE APPLE AD ON NOW!!!!!  ·   · 
    JWJW shared a merged idea: These Apple ads that aren't closeable just HAVE to go or I'm going to stop using Yahoo as my homepage.  ·   · 
    Moe DeLonnMoe DeLonn shared a merged idea: PLEASE FIX THE APPLE AD SO THAT IT CAN BE CLOSED! That is incredibly annoying that it's the only pop-up ad that can't be closed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Apple ad. It has no delete button; therefore, it takes a long while to load my homepage. I hate the ad.  ·   · 
    KPKP shared a merged idea: STOP PUTTING THAT INFURIATING iPAD ADD ALL OVER MY HOME PAGE OR I'LL FIND A NEW HOME PAGE!!!  ·   · 
    KRBKRB shared a merged idea: Put the "X" on these annoying ads, all of them and quit playing favorites to this annoying Apple ad all the time.  ·   · 
    SkittlesSkittles shared a merged idea: Too many **** ad's can't enjoy the page. Can't get rid of some Ipad & apple ad's it's annoying  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Keep your stupid "Apple" banner ads off of my page.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of these ads that won't go away, like the Apple ipad one today!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop putting a one third page Apple add in the middle of your home page. I cannot tell you how obnoxious this ad is. Cannot get rid of it.  ·   · 
    Martha PicónMartha Picón shared a merged idea: How the **** can I get rid of all these fricking ads. I can't unsubscribe nor can I delete them. I've been told it's yahoo's problerm not th  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get that apple ad off my PC. I loved yahoo but this ad makes me think of changing  ·   · 
    DarrenDarren shared a merged idea: Take the Apple AD off !!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: the apple ad makes wonder if i hate them or you more  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop shoving the Apple ad in my face! You people are idiots.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What is with the stupid Apple ad on the start page that has no X to click out of.  ·   · 
    DougDoug shared a merged idea: Apple Ad That Can Not Be Close. I Hate It.  ·   · 
    KevinKevin shared a merged idea: Because I'm not able to close the Apple ad and it is eating bandwidth and page space, I'm switching my home page to Bing. Who's with me?!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Apple ad on the home page. It's back again and we can not turn it off  ·   · 
    PatrickPatrick shared a merged idea: hey get stupid big apple ad off the home page...you screwing with my web time.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Until you take that obnoxious Apple ad off the top of the page, I will no longer use Yahoo as my home page.  ·   · 
    RichardRichard shared a merged idea: Please REMOVE the Apple iPad ads ASAP !!!!!! Why the **** it does NOT have a "Close" button!!! I will NEVER buy a APPLE products AGAIN !!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: hello yahoo, PLEASE!!!!.... get this Apple ad the **** out of my screen, it's taken half of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE stop the Apple ad on my home page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    KRBKRB shared a merged idea: Now I get to wait for an Apple ad to load?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The Apple ad on the homepage  ·   · 

179 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SendrahSendrah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh geesh! And now it's Amazon? Give it a rest already! Even hard copy magazines and newspapers were smart enough to not make an ad the first page and repeat it over and over! STOP IT!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After an ad displays for over 30 seconds and we do not click on it you might realize the pitch failed and allow us to minimize it. After all the advertiser wants us to click on the ad for them to continue their pitch. If we are unable to minimize an ad the pitch has a negative impact for the receiver. Those of us who are not already sold on the Apple brand may end up disliking them even more that we might already be inclined to do so.

• brossbross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I HATE THOSE HUGE UNCLOSABLE APPLE ADS!!!! I WILL NEVER BUY AN APPLE ANYTHING!

I emailed the president of Apple. I'm in the market for a new computer. It won't be an Apple based on this aggressive ad. Both Apple and Yahoo have a nazi mentality: YOU WILL VIEW THIS OR ELSE.

• gg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it isn't pushing me away from Yahoo as much as it is actually turning me against Apple. I think their ads are making more enemies than customers

• Elizabeth PhillipsElizabeth Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really really am angry at Yahoo for cramming these Apple ads down our throats. Stop it! I don't care how much money they have ... Your users should be able to close them!!!

You guys at Yahoo are some sick puppies. The apple ads are horrible. No one wants ads they can't close. Get rid of Apple ads, before you get rid of all your users.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't abandon yahoo completely, but everytime I see an unclosable ad (especially Apple) at the top of their page, I will come here, comment on the top related complaint, and then use one of their competitors for the rest of the day. I hope Yahoo takes note. They have a great page, but those unclosable apple ads have to go!

Come on Yahoo, how much is Apple paying you to do this? We are getting tired of this apple ****. I do not want any Apple stuff. and I WILL NOT BUY Apple stuff. Get it through your head WE DON"T WANT THESE ADS, At least give us an option to close the ad.

yeah im done with yahoo...hate the stupid apple ad, they lost lots of my mail today...19 years with yahoo mail and they still eff it up....

• mhfmhf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unbelievable. Other websites are able to give us a close ad tool. Part of the day when Apple was last on we had a close ad tool, then magically in the afternoon the tool disappeared. I am sick of the arrogance of Apple being permitted to intrude in my viewing of materials on this site. It is time for Yahoo to knock them off their little pedestal and take back control of your site for Pete's sake! Why should we Yahoo users be miserable so they can make a buck. Excuse me, but their ad on this site is causing you clients. Where is the logic in that?

• Jerry SmithJerry Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the other 152 comments that the uncloseable Apple ad is very annoying. Yahoo!. is no longer my favorite search engine. Apple may be a great company, but their ad has completely turned me off to considering their products.

• Jeff FerrisJeff Ferris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What does Apple pay to be the only advertiser who gets an add that can't be closed? Must be a lot. But Yahoo, your accounts can't do math. You are not getting your money back on that one. Customer good will is not tangible, but it can definitely affect the bottom line, and you are missing the point.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base