Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Homepage

Unclosable Apple Ad

The fact that I cannot close that Apple ad is extremely annoying and has now officially pushed me away from Yahoo! permanently.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ToddTodd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP THE HALF PAGE APPLE ADS THAT I CAN'T CLOSE!!!!!! THIS **** HAS TO STOP!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: quit going to bed with Apple ads. (x) this is an exit symbol.  ·   · 
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: Please stop auto-playing videos in the front page... The front page is already too busy without multiple gif/videos playing... Auto-play o  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't need to see a movie trailer every **** time I log in to "my" yahoo. It's even worse that I can't turn it off.  ·   · 
    susansusan shared a merged idea: the ads are all over the page running stop it why can't they be on the side of page all the way down  ·   · 
    KW CowanKW Cowan shared a merged idea: Please get rid of takeover ads that interrupt the home page!! It's very straining on the eyes, not to mention SUPREMELY irritating!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Annoying Pop Up ads that Obscure your view EVERY time you open or return to the homepage  ·   · 
    jan grose martindalejan grose martindale shared a merged idea: The apartment.com is the most irritating ad I've ever had pop up on my screen. It constantly pops up & covers the screen.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: will you stop the GIANT ads on the homepage...annoying!!  ·   · 
    tomtom shared a merged idea: to many adds  ·   · 
    LinnLinn shared a merged idea: WAAAAYYYYY TOO MANY POP-Up ADS!!! so distracting that I won't try to read any of the stories  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Now your putting up ads that cannot be closed  ·   · 
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: IF YOU DON'T STOP THE BIG ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL LOSE ME!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE ADS I CAN'T DELETE LIKE THE APPLE AD ON NOW!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the Apple I-pad ads that you can't close out.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please remove the HUGE pop up ads at the top of home page... I am very tired of clicking close ad... Close to using another site as my home.  ·   · 
    H MencherH Mencher shared a merged idea: REMOVE YOUR IPAD AID ADS THAT TAKE UP 1/3 OF MY SCREEN FROM YOUR HOMEPAGE  ·   · 
    DaleDale shared a merged idea: Apple ad is unacceptable. At least give us a way to x the ad.  ·   · 
    BOBBOB shared a merged idea: GET THAT HALF PAGE APPLE AD OFF MY HOME SCREEN PAGE! I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE PAYING YOU - IS IT WORTH LOSING A FEW MILLION YAHOO USERS?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of the adds and for sure the apple add on top of the page  ·   · 
    robertrobert shared a merged idea: remove apple ipad ad and stop puting ad on top page of yahoo  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE ******* IPAD ADD THAT EATS UP HALF MY ******* SCREEN YOU ********.  ·   · 
    LeslieLeslie shared a merged idea: Large Ad Banners  ·   · 
    ROBERT KERECZROBERT KERECZ shared a merged idea: IF YOU DON'T STOP THE BIG ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL LOSE ME!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE ADS I CAN'T DELETE LIKE THE APPLE AD ON NOW!!!!!  ·   · 
    JWJW shared a merged idea: These Apple ads that aren't closeable just HAVE to go or I'm going to stop using Yahoo as my homepage.  ·   · 
    Moe DeLonnMoe DeLonn shared a merged idea: PLEASE FIX THE APPLE AD SO THAT IT CAN BE CLOSED! That is incredibly annoying that it's the only pop-up ad that can't be closed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Apple ad. It has no delete button; therefore, it takes a long while to load my homepage. I hate the ad.  ·   · 
    KPKP shared a merged idea: STOP PUTTING THAT INFURIATING iPAD ADD ALL OVER MY HOME PAGE OR I'LL FIND A NEW HOME PAGE!!!  ·   · 
    KRBKRB shared a merged idea: Put the "X" on these annoying ads, all of them and quit playing favorites to this annoying Apple ad all the time.  ·   · 
    SkittlesSkittles shared a merged idea: Too many **** ad's can't enjoy the page. Can't get rid of some Ipad & apple ad's it's annoying  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Keep your stupid "Apple" banner ads off of my page.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of these ads that won't go away, like the Apple ipad one today!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop putting a one third page Apple add in the middle of your home page. I cannot tell you how obnoxious this ad is. Cannot get rid of it.  ·   · 
    Martha PicónMartha Picón shared a merged idea: How the **** can I get rid of all these fricking ads. I can't unsubscribe nor can I delete them. I've been told it's yahoo's problerm not th  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get that apple ad off my PC. I loved yahoo but this ad makes me think of changing  ·   · 
    DarrenDarren shared a merged idea: Take the Apple AD off !!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: the apple ad makes wonder if i hate them or you more  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop shoving the Apple ad in my face! You people are idiots.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What is with the stupid Apple ad on the start page that has no X to click out of.  ·   · 
    DougDoug shared a merged idea: Apple Ad That Can Not Be Close. I Hate It.  ·   · 
    KevinKevin shared a merged idea: Because I'm not able to close the Apple ad and it is eating bandwidth and page space, I'm switching my home page to Bing. Who's with me?!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Apple ad on the home page. It's back again and we can not turn it off  ·   · 
    PatrickPatrick shared a merged idea: hey get stupid big apple ad off the home page...you screwing with my web time.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Until you take that obnoxious Apple ad off the top of the page, I will no longer use Yahoo as my home page.  ·   · 
    RichardRichard shared a merged idea: Please REMOVE the Apple iPad ads ASAP !!!!!! Why the **** it does NOT have a "Close" button!!! I will NEVER buy a APPLE products AGAIN !!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: hello yahoo, PLEASE!!!!.... get this Apple ad the **** out of my screen, it's taken half of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE stop the Apple ad on my home page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    KRBKRB shared a merged idea: Now I get to wait for an Apple ad to load?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The Apple ad on the homepage  ·   · 

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not interested in seeing these big ads that clog the top of the page. LET US EXIT OUT OF ALL OF THEM!!!!

• georgegeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These ads are prime examples of Apple's Corp. M.O. , and Yahoo's complicity of this unseemly manipulation of those to whom they should show more respect. I have been with yahoo for several years. I will probably continue because I have so many things tied to my yahoo ID, but who knows. One thing for sure is the ill-will I feel toward both Apple and Yahoo. Both companies espouse the virtues of good will, however these ads do nothing but inspire the opposite. Good job!!!

• Peggy  JohnsonPeggy Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I sent a tweet and commented on Facebook about this. I have switched to Google before and I have again. Yahoo's answer directed me to this page for comment.

• Charles CourtnayCharles Courtnay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I get rid of the STUPID APPLE AD? There is no way to close the dang thing. This amounts to brain washing. By Yahoo and Apple!

;I agree very much. It irritates me to no end also the it is unclosable. I can not stand apple and do not want to look at it. I have stopped using Yahoo as my home page because of it.

Why is it that a few weeks ago there was an issue with Lending Tree ads and now there are similar issues with the MacBook ad. Is the Yahoo staff really that incompetent or what? Please fix this issue and allow it to stay fixed.

• MetzgerMetzger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely detest this style of ad! Do Apple really need to drive us all nuts....don't they have enough money already! Anyway, personally, I can't afford an Apple anything....and I can't afford the time to watch their stupid ad....back to reading about Kim and Kanye instead? (snore!). And, yes...I know Apple is a great product...they don't have to keep telling me, I figured it out years ago!

• sheila fountainsheila fountain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE put an X or CLOSE AD on the huge Apple ads!! If I REALLY wanted to see the new Apple "whatever they are selling now" ad, I would click on it! But I particularly don't want an Apple computer and I FOR SURE don't like their ad taking up half of the page and not being able to get rid of it.

• Eldo RadoEldo Rado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Google is starting to look like a welcome relief from the high pressure ads on Yahoo...

• Eldo RadoEldo Rado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant stress enough how annoying this ad is. I vow that I will NEVER buy anything made by Apple!!!

• dennisdennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop auto-playing videos in the front page...

The front page is already too busy without multiple gif/videos playing...
        Auto-play of "other content" when I click to view something is lame and interrupts people from actually reading content before being auto-loading into something you have no interest in.

• dennisdennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop auto-playing videos in the front page...

The front page is already too busy without multiple gif/videos playing...
        Auto-play of "other content" when I click to view something is lame and interrupts people from actually reading content before being auto-loading into something you have no interest in.

AGAIN another APPLE AD I CANNOT Close !!!! Google looks so GOOD NOW !!! Stop these ADs that cannot close and OPEN every time I open Yahoo !!! Yahoo SUCKS bowing down to Apple

I've been loyal to Yahoo for over 20 years but am tired of being bombarded by all the advertising. Now I have to click on the Fast and Furious promo twice to make it go away?! Yahoo used to be a leader and now I'm getting increasingly frustrated by all the calendar and email glitches. Seriously considering switching.

I quit Yahoo yesterday for this same reason. I moved email, business ,EVERYTHING.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base