Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Homepage

Unclosable Apple Ad

The fact that I cannot close that Apple ad is extremely annoying and has now officially pushed me away from Yahoo! permanently.

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ToddTodd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    anonymousanonymous shared a merged idea: I am about to end use of yahoo sincee they do not understand to have a way to shut down the apple ads.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: lose the apple add or put an "X" on it  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How come I can't delete the Apple adds on top of my home page? About ready to switch to Google!!!!  ·   · 
    Terry MuenchTerry Muench shared a merged idea: I *STRONGLY* object to how Yahoo treats Apple ads different from all other ads; the user should be able to close Apple ads!!  ·   · 
    patpat shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE MAC ADVERTISEMENT COVERING MY HOMEPAGE!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop the stupid mac book popup  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Do i need to get a new browser since I can not close the irritating apple add?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Let the apple ads be closeable.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: How about placing a close button on your damned advertisements. You just assured Apple Computers that I'll NEVER buy one of their products  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: And the unclosable Apple ad is back... seriously?!?!?!? Don't you read all the complaints about this?  ·   · 
    Robert OwenRobert Owen shared a merged idea: Quit force feeding your ads on consumers.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: STOP THE HALF PAGE APPLE ADS THAT I CAN'T CLOSE!!!!!! THIS **** HAS TO STOP!!!!!  ·   · 
    SilvbultSilvbult shared a merged idea: I do not like you page adds that do not have the X top right to close out off the screen.  ·   · 
    Karen GuerreroKaren Guerrero shared a merged idea: Why do you continue to allow ads that we can't close? It makes me want to close Yahoo!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get this apple ad off of the homepage  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: lose the apple add or put the "X" on it!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Apple ads that cannot be X'ed out of are completely irrating. Do NOT force feed us ads or we will rebel against you by walking away. Put the  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: apple ads are not closeable  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: quit going to bed with Apple ads. (x) this is an exit symbol.  ·   · 
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: Please stop auto-playing videos in the front page... The front page is already too busy without multiple gif/videos playing... Auto-play o  ·   · 
    Helen WilkersonHelen Wilkerson shared a merged idea: Apple ads  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Close Ad does not work with LENDING TREE. Do not allow then to block the Close Ad icon.  ·   · 
    aa shared a merged idea: Please allow ADs, such as "Lending Tree" as a pop-up to be deleted! The "close" ad feature does not work when seleccted.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Lending Tree ad at top of the home page will not close.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't need to see a movie trailer every **** time I log in to "my" yahoo. It's even worse that I can't turn it off.  ·   · 
    susansusan shared a merged idea: the ads are all over the page running stop it why can't they be on the side of page all the way down  ·   · 
    KW CowanKW Cowan shared a merged idea: Please get rid of takeover ads that interrupt the home page!! It's very straining on the eyes, not to mention SUPREMELY irritating!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Annoying Pop Up ads that Obscure your view EVERY time you open or return to the homepage  ·   · 
    jan grose martindalejan grose martindale shared a merged idea: The apartment.com is the most irritating ad I've ever had pop up on my screen. It constantly pops up & covers the screen.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: will you stop the GIANT ads on the homepage...annoying!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the large ads at the top of the news page. Are you listening?  ·   · 
    tomtom shared a merged idea: to many adds  ·   · 
    LinnLinn shared a merged idea: WAAAAYYYYY TOO MANY POP-Up ADS!!! so distracting that I won't try to read any of the stories  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Now your putting up ads that cannot be closed  ·   · 
    dennisdennis shared a merged idea: IF YOU DON'T STOP THE BIG ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL LOSE ME!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE ADS I CAN'T DELETE LIKE THE APPLE AD ON NOW!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop the Apple I-pad ads that you can't close out.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please remove the HUGE pop up ads at the top of home page... I am very tired of clicking close ad... Close to using another site as my home.  ·   · 
    H MencherH Mencher shared a merged idea: REMOVE YOUR IPAD AID ADS THAT TAKE UP 1/3 OF MY SCREEN FROM YOUR HOMEPAGE  ·   · 
    DaleDale shared a merged idea: Apple ad is unacceptable. At least give us a way to x the ad.  ·   · 
    BOBBOB shared a merged idea: GET THAT HALF PAGE APPLE AD OFF MY HOME SCREEN PAGE! I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY ARE PAYING YOU - IS IT WORTH LOSING A FEW MILLION YAHOO USERS?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of the adds and for sure the apple add on top of the page  ·   · 
    robertrobert shared a merged idea: remove apple ipad ad and stop puting ad on top page of yahoo  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GET RID OF THE ******* IPAD ADD THAT EATS UP HALF MY ******* SCREEN YOU ********.  ·   · 
    LeslieLeslie shared a merged idea: Large Ad Banners  ·   · 
    ROBERT KERECZROBERT KERECZ shared a merged idea: IF YOU DON'T STOP THE BIG ADS ON THE FRONT PAGE YOU WILL LOSE ME!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE ADS I CAN'T DELETE LIKE THE APPLE AD ON NOW!!!!!  ·   · 
    JWJW shared a merged idea: These Apple ads that aren't closeable just HAVE to go or I'm going to stop using Yahoo as my homepage.  ·   · 
    Moe DeLonnMoe DeLonn shared a merged idea: PLEASE FIX THE APPLE AD SO THAT IT CAN BE CLOSED! That is incredibly annoying that it's the only pop-up ad that can't be closed  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Apple ad. It has no delete button; therefore, it takes a long while to load my homepage. I hate the ad.  ·   · 
    KPKP shared a merged idea: STOP PUTTING THAT INFURIATING iPAD ADD ALL OVER MY HOME PAGE OR I'LL FIND A NEW HOME PAGE!!!  ·   · 
    KRBKRB shared a merged idea: Put the "X" on these annoying ads, all of them and quit playing favorites to this annoying Apple ad all the time.  ·   · 
    SkittlesSkittles shared a merged idea: Too many **** ad's can't enjoy the page. Can't get rid of some Ipad & apple ad's it's annoying  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Keep your stupid "Apple" banner ads off of my page.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please get rid of these ads that won't go away, like the Apple ipad one today!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop putting a one third page Apple add in the middle of your home page. I cannot tell you how obnoxious this ad is. Cannot get rid of it.  ·   · 
    Martha PicónMartha Picón shared a merged idea: How the **** can I get rid of all these fricking ads. I can't unsubscribe nor can I delete them. I've been told it's yahoo's problerm not th  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get that apple ad off my PC. I loved yahoo but this ad makes me think of changing  ·   · 
    DarrenDarren shared a merged idea: Take the Apple AD off !!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: the apple ad makes wonder if i hate them or you more  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Stop shoving the Apple ad in my face! You people are idiots.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What is with the stupid Apple ad on the start page that has no X to click out of.  ·   · 
    DougDoug shared a merged idea: Apple Ad That Can Not Be Close. I Hate It.  ·   · 
    KevinKevin shared a merged idea: Because I'm not able to close the Apple ad and it is eating bandwidth and page space, I'm switching my home page to Bing. Who's with me?!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the Apple ad on the home page. It's back again and we can not turn it off  ·   · 
    PatrickPatrick shared a merged idea: hey get stupid big apple ad off the home page...you screwing with my web time.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Until you take that obnoxious Apple ad off the top of the page, I will no longer use Yahoo as my home page.  ·   · 
    RichardRichard shared a merged idea: Please REMOVE the Apple iPad ads ASAP !!!!!! Why the **** it does NOT have a "Close" button!!! I will NEVER buy a APPLE products AGAIN !!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: hello yahoo, PLEASE!!!!.... get this Apple ad the **** out of my screen, it's taken half of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE stop the Apple ad on my home page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    KRBKRB shared a merged idea: Now I get to wait for an Apple ad to load?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The Apple ad on the homepage  ·   · 

150 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's all about the money and to **** with the actual users of Yahoo. Goodbye Yahoo. Hello MSN.

"Under review" must prompt negotiations to get more money to run the un-closable apple ads.

• KarenKaren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not an Apple customer nor do I ever intend to be!! GET RID OF THE YAHOO HOMEPAGE APPLE ADS!! At least give the option to close the ads!!

• MaxMax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I close any of those annoying Apple ads. I can close all the others. Either get rid of it, or get rid of me. I've had Yahoo for more than 15 years and used to tell all my friends use Yahoo, use Yahoo, that's about to change because of one little "WTF" on your part.

As long as you can't delete this annoying Apple ad on Yahoo! I will not use Yahoo! for news and will not use a Yahoo e-mail address, and certainly not my homepage. You have lost a devoted Yahoo! follower, all the money you gain is worthless if no one visits YAHOO!.com

• Chip McClearyChip McCleary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice idea, Yahoo. I haven't gotten upset with other changes in the past, but the barrage of sponsored ads (1 in 3 - and even if I try to say, "I don't want to see this" you keep shoving it in my face) and the new, "you must watch this ad" campaign have pushed me to skip the homepage completely and change my home page to something else. You might as well go all-in at this point and run Flash on *every* page.

As much as I hate Google, at least it doesn't pull this kind of **** - or if it does, I can block it. I expected better - much, much better.

• SonnieSonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get a good adblocker extension for your browser. some will even get rid of the virus spam yahoo hides in their news articles lists. Note: if the news article has the words "sponsored link" it is most likely a link to a website loaded with spy ware and viruses. Yahoo likes to disguise these links to malicious software as a news article. There is no limit to what yahoo will do for a dollar.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope everyone does the same thing as I do when they see an uncloseable Apple add on Yahoo!'s home page: Leave feedback and then leave for a different site.... msn.com, Google.com, CNN.com... whatever.
        Hopefully, Yahoo! will get the message and get rid of these aweful ads.

Remember Heartbleed ? I call this one Applepeel, get rid of this annoying Adware Yahoo! Let me take back control of the Ads that appear on my PC, if I want to delete them then give me the opportunity to do so.

Trust is out the window when using Yahoo! anymore. If you can't delete a scrawling Apple ad by choice. Then what else are they doing to your PC when you are on their homepage.

This is like adware, malware, unwanted pop-up protection that you pay security anti virus firms to protect your PC against. You can't delete it or get rid of this ad by choice so what is stopping Yahoo! from planting anything else they want on your PC.

If I didn't buy an Apple product would they send me one free, I don't think so. Its called Freedom of Choice ! It could apply to having ads appear on you personal PC, you could choose to delete them or not. But in this case you have no freedom at all. So why bother using Yahoo when your Freedom of Choice is gone!

It's bad enough any time Yahoo insists on these ads that either take up the top half of the start page or has animation that wipes all over the place. But now you can't even get rid of the thing. Makes me extremely negative forward both Apple and Yahoo. I will not be using the start page until Yahoo removes this.

• Juan EllaJuan Ella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It's an imposing ad that just lurks there like a mean dog tied to a fence that you try to ignore but can't. It's annoying. It's distracting. I am trying to read the news, not shop. When I want to shop, yahoo has a neat little link to the left of the page that I can click on that says "Shopping". These ads are too 'in your face'.

Very much agree. Ads are one thing. Not being able to close an Apple ad (or any other) when i have no intention of researching or buying the product, quite another. Same goes for not being able to delete a sponsored item. If I choose to read something of interest, it is my choice. If I don't want it there, I want it GONE.

• frankie alexanderfrankie alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you know this is bull when you cant not remove a add from your comper.i have ask apple too remove it and all I am getting is bull from them

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base