Please use this forum to make improvement suggestions for Yahoo Homepage

You need to remove Huffington post articles from your news feed.

You need to remove Huffington post articles from your news feed. They come across as being "actual" news, and in reality, it is simply Op Ed pieces, but that is not conveyed via Yahoo, and every editorial is far left, and usually derogatory in nature. In fact, one article featured by Yahoo was an op ed piece by a High School student about the Hobby Lobby Supreme Court Decision. I will cease to use Yahoo.

8th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Your news page has become so full of leftist opinions (e.g., a Huffington Post headline every day) that I 've just quit reading it.  ·   · 

114 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen — Vox, Slate, Salon, ThinkProgress and other far left propaganda shill websites as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the Huffington post is ********* leftist and biased joke and should be banned.

• Larry CesareLarry Cesare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Yahoo won't remove articles from Huffington Post, at least give users the option to block anything from Huffington Post from their news feed. I agree with so many other Yahoo users: Huffington Post is nothing but lib propaganda thinly disguised as news. Please either get rid of it or let us block it!!!

• JDSJDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made several requests to Yahoo requesting a way to stop getting feeds from Huffington Post. As others note, it is not news, but hyped liberal media goop with a ton of information on Hollywood idiocy seemingly aimed toward 12 year old girls - I don't care about Zac Efron's abs or (anything having to do with) the Kardashians.

Clearly, there is some sort of tethering of Yahoo and Huffington Post, because no matter how much I ignore the feed, it's piled in every morning.

I created a Google account years ago, and just looked at the options to tailor the news feed, and guess what ... you can minimize Huff Post their.

Looks like my new daily news is coming from Google. Wake up, Marissa Mayer. Didn't you used to work at Google? Are your feminist principles more important than providing a good (untainted) product.

Good riddance!

Yahoo is using an algorithm and cookies to automatically deliver news to your feed. If you click on a story, you will get served up more stories with the same type of content. The alogorithm is not very smart. It can't tell if a story is left or right, so it just draws from the cheapest, most available source. This usually means that you are getting served blog posts that the Wall Street Journal buys for $5 rather than a piece of news written and researched by a real journalist. Huffpo seems to dominate the feed, likely because they have limited if any fact checking and they can churn out lots of attention grabbing headlines using keywords that will 'match' your viewing preferences. The entire system is out of control and is being driven by clicks, cookies, bots, and payment of a few quick bucks. Just about anyone can cash in by submitting their own blog posts to wsj or other sites.

Amen to this earlier "anonymous" post. Yahoo does not help themselves by rolling over for Huffington. Most of the country your potential customers are paying attention. The kind of people who don't pay attention aren't really the market you should be targeting if you want to compete with Google. Brake out from the PC and return to the roots that made our country the greatest in history. Don't help take it down. My two cents.

• BarryBarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm tired of the Yahoo news feed. Not only is it and Huff biased to the left but it is anti-Israel. Today, I counted six articles about Israel, the Palestinians, or Jews. Why? The Gaza war ended six weeks ago yet they keep posting unfavorable articles about Israel and favorable articles about the terrorist state, Gaza. Why?

• Bob HaugBob Haug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just love how they (yahoo) put this format out as a "feed back" avenue. They could care less. But, I will continue to tell them on a daily basis how many HuffPo, Vox, Daily Beast, I drop every day.

• NoneNone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have repeatedly told them the exact same thing. They won't allow me to get rid of it. They can shove it on people who have more time to waste, but I want it out of my steam, and they've given me no option to get rid of it.

• Norman ChrismanNorman Chrisman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have you all been noticing how the huffer is taking more space every week? soon all stories will be from the huffer, and the only way you will be able to comment on anything will be through a facebook account

There has to be a better way than Yahoo, this sick, twisted leftist rag use to be good at one time with a mixture of viewpoints but now it's time to go.

Is yahoo planning on buying the Huffington Post? Or maybe someone is paying back a favor?

Without a doubt Huffington Post is the worst trash ever written! Why Yahoo keeps shoving that garbage down are throats is unknown to me! And John your just to dumb to comment you should self exterminate and the world will be better!

• boringboring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, sure they are OK anon.....There is NOTHING fine about the Huff Post articles....If you go to their web there are some decent stories, but the ones posted are not news, not stories just BS. For what it is worth the Caller sucks too. Just give us NEWS not opionion....

Huffington Post articles are fine.

It's The Daily Caller junk articles that need to go.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base