How can we make Tourney Pick'em better?

I always have brackets I get on paper from friends that I need to enter after the tournaments starts. There should be a way for the commish

I always have brackets I get on paper from friends that I need to enter after the tournaments starts. There should be a way for the commish to change these or add brackets. The exception would be that the commish couldn't change his own. And one way to avoid cheating would be that if a new bracket needed to be entered after the deadline or changed, an email would be sent to all the other entrants in the league.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Linda McElroy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to allow the commissioners to see if brackets are complete before the tourney goes live. We have had problems every year of people not saving correctly or Yahoo screwing it up. It could be a simple green checkmark by the persons name to fix this problem.

• Pete Raia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an option for the commish to be able to enter new brackets for those that insist on filling out brackets and handing them in on paper. These are people who often times don't have/want anything other than a work email address but don't want to use a work email for this stuff.

• Loxman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an obvious tool for the Manger....I made this same suggestion three years ago...and I heard nothing. Determine a time period prior to the deadline....say 5 hours...where the Manager can see an indication on the Members page that a Member is "Complete"....would be very helpful.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding this feature is critical! So many people that fill out brackets are... let's just say computer challenged... and I as the commissioner cannot help them unless I can see if the picks are actually made. Every year I have someone in my pool with a blank bracket. It is very unfortunate for someone to realize right when the games start that they haven't actually made picks and will have 0 points.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fortunately for an overly busy guy at work like myself, on one bracket I did with a separate group...not involved on Yahoo I get notified by email...Larry you left off the final score prediction
    and the final winner! Oops! Saved me, so I can at least compete. What a bummer had I found out I forgot to save the winner, and I would have won or placed~! :) I really messed up on my bracket with yahoo...forgot to save like a few in the late going, including one of the final four. I could have gone back in before it was too late and double checked. In the old days I would have...prior to being a work a holic!

• Ed Josephs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is our first year on Yahoo and at least 5 of my guys didn't save, and so their brackets don't count unless I calculate them manually. Might not be an issue next year, but we might move because of the trouble it has caused, and Yahoo will lose customers.
    Also, it is important that we (administrators) are able to see which person owns which bracket. With the (silly) way you name them, I can't tell which of my 2 Mikes, or 4 Johns own which bracket

• Nashua Birnholz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to use your system to electronically track the brackets that my co-workers hand me. I create an online bracket for each of them under my own username. However, some people hand them in too late for me to enter them before brackets lock. It would be appreciate if the commish had the ability to change people's brackets after the games started. I recognize the potential pitfalls with this, but the same feature is available in other fantasy games. Just putting it out there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! One year, one of my folks didn't realize theirs hadn't saved, and weren't able to play because of it.

• Ben Sterner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When running one of these groups it's always important to get everyone to make their picks in time. It would be helpful to at least see that each member has made their picks before the deadline. As it stands now a commish can't tell if someone has entered their picks or not and can't help members ensure they are all set before the deadline.

• Danny Brever commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People in the league forget to save their bracket. If the commissioner could see if the bracket is complete, then he could contact people the night before round one if their bracket isn't saved.

Feedback and Knowledge Base