Hi, please let us know how we can improve Weather further.

I liked old format where you had better 5 day pictures and when clicked on the day it had detail forcasr with % rain chance etc.

I liked old format where you had better 5 day pictures and when clicked on the day it had detail forecast with % rain chance etc.

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KrisKris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ron MooreRon Moore shared a merged idea: I agree with the " liked old format better" Easy 5 day results with houerly forecast  ·   · 
    VishakhaVishakha shared a merged idea: It distracting to conceptualize time/days in a list format. Please return to standard L to R calendar viewing.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Don't like the new format. No % chance of rain etc, no sat photo. Not an improvement. Seems like change just for change's sake. :-(  ·   · 

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Volenti38Volenti38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have children in four parts of the world (not where I live). The old format gave the same detailed information for each location as the (now) default location, and did it in a box no bigger than (actually smaller than) the excessive (mostly blank) screen real estate now used. Why on earth did you worsen our experience with Yahoo weather?

• KCKC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have been keeping an eye on the "Answers" and "Suggestions" forums for the past 2-3 weeks. I'm still reading the complaints about the same issues-the weather details, (or lack thereof), and a host of other errors. The new YH is definitely not user friendly-more importantly, it is not functional. apparently, it's not only those who, like me, are minimally computer proficient, but also the more tech -savvy YH users are experiencing the same problems. One would think that YH would actually pay attention to the users' concerns; however, I don't believe they are going to alter their new format .The weather module,as currently offered, leaves a great deal to be desired. I also prefer a more inclusive rain/snow/heat informational page. Sigh-Weather Underground may see a jump in THEIR membership.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with everyone else here. I need to see details not just for today but for the coming days as well. Otherwise it's just an exercise in frustration to visit the weather page. Also agree it will drive people away from Yahoo. I've been here for years but now I just get upset everyday when I try to check the weather. Please fix this quickly!!!

• StanStan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new weather page doesn't give you the details you need for the 5 day forecast. The little icons of clouds or rain or snow doesn't tell me much. The only details are for today / tonight. What about tomorrow or the next day? Doesn't Yahoo think their users like to prepare for the weather a few days in advance? I'm very disappointed in this new weather page.

• KCKC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After reading ALL comments- re:the weather app, but all other aspects of the new My Yahoo , I have resisted switching. Yahoo has problems not only with THIS, but apparently everything. Looking at the dates of myriad complaints,seems that your engineers/IT techs would have had plenty of time to address and fix the numerous issues that so many have and are still experiencing BEFORE making the switch mandatory.This will drive many away from Yahoo-As soon as I can migrate all my info, I will switch over to Google. I use Google for everything except junk now-Sorry to leave; I have been a Yahoo user for many years. The current format is neither clean nor user friendly. The Weather format is only one part of your problem.

I agree too. The most frustrating thing is that the detailed forecast only goes out through today/tonight. Tomorrow might show a cloud with some rain drops coming out if it. So...is it going to rain in the morning? Evening? All day? Scattered shower or constant downpour? I've already changed my default weather to a different provider because this one, which used to be my favorite, has become useless. Makes no sense to me at all...

I couldn't agree more! The new format IS awful. Even on high resolution large monitors you have to scroll down to see basic information. The large background image (blank area) is just annoying.

The old format was ideal. What is sad is that no other company as good as a format as the old layout. So Yahoo had something that was clearly superior to other sites and decided to change it.

You still can't easily read a weather alert, even small ones require scrolling.

I miss the easy (and quick) to read 5 day forecast. Now I have to focus in on dim white outlines of icons to see what the day looks like. Without the quick visual support, and the extra obnoxiousness thrown on the page to look it overly busy, I'm turned to other sources. Come on yahoo! I count on you for a daily check in....now what motivation do I have?

I liked the 5 day and extended forcast in the old format. The new one does not give enough information. I will look elsewhere to find what I want Yahoo.

This new format just looks like a mess to me. I don't know where to focus. The skin is VERY distracting. To find hourly and extended forecast, I have to locate and click on tiny print. I liked the old opaque format better. Even the calendar doesn't function like it did, giving me my weekly. Now it just gives me the events for the day, so I can't prep for my week. In a word: yecch.

• TimmyTimmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually posted this similar thing in another thread but then read this one.. my comments below.

I actually like the wx app but the part that sucks that used to be a feature and is not now is hovering over a day it used to give you a rundown of each days forecast. Now you got this stupid little icon that does nothing.

I think if they added that feature back it would be a good weather page. I like the monthly trends but all it tells you is your getting cooler or warmer. How about a monthly trend for other stuff like humidity, wind, temp, daylight, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base