Hi, please let us know how we can improve Weather further.

I must say that I don't care for the new weather page layout - much preferred the 5 day detailed forecast - this one is meanigless to me

I must say that I don't care for the new weather page layout - much preferred the 5 day detailed forecast - this one is meaningless to me and my needs

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ScottScott shared a merged idea: Provide details on next four days' weather  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why No "Detailed Forecast" For Days 3, 4 & 5  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: 5 day forecast  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: This has to be the worst weather upgrade I have ever seen. I did like the previous yahoo weather, but am now going to another source.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The forcast is totally wrong!!! Not even close to accurate. Please bring the old format back  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: where is my hourly option and the 5 day forecast? This is a terrible update!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: So you have lots of feedback saying you have a bad layout.....................  ·   · 
    Kathryn MacbrideKathryn Macbride shared a merged idea: I find your site very distracting and confusing. It is hard to get the info I need from it. I agree with what others are saying.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Change back to the old page format.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The weather page is filled with so much clutter I can hardly navigate the site. The older version with the 5 day forecast was much nicer.  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all my locations which track my route from north to south so i can check in advance have disappeared....not a good thing

This site is horrible. When you make change to improve, then improve. The old site was much more useful and provided needed information.

i hate this site -- also want to see two or three days ahead -- plus my location is always wrong--would like the old layout back

I so agree! I hate this new layout. When I want to look ahead a couple of days, I want more than some meaningless graphic. I'm ready to rid my home page of this module altogether. It's useless to me now.

You guys must think you have to change things just for the sake of change. WRONG!!!!!!
        Go back to the previous set-up.

Hate the new layout & it's not even accurate. It's 34 in my area & it says it's 61 in all my saved areas!

What an awful layout. The worst part is the background. You ruined a good page. Why not let your users pick their layout?

• Steve SmithSteve Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't much like the new weather page. It's over-designed, making it too clever for its own good. Specifically:

Who honestly cares about monthly trends? And what is the significance of the yellow and blue lines? This month/last month? This year/last year? Dumb feature, but if you're gonna keep it at least provide a legend so we don't have to guess at the meaning.

The temps with arrows above the main temp suggest Hi & Lo. So, if that's what you mean, why confuse people? Why not just say Hi and Lo? Much easier on users.

Sun & Moon window is cute, but not very helpful. I can look at the window to see where the sun is. And if the sky is overcast I can pretty much tell where the sun is by checking the time. And what the heck is a "Waning Gibbous" and why should I care?

The Wind & Pressure window is useless and not even cute. Why not just tell us in MPH what the wind is? And, because you're all so enamored with graphs, why not graph the barometric pressure so we can see the trend?

With the Classic My Yahoo Weather I have eight locations worldwide I like to keep and eye on. With the new thing I can only see my current location (sometimes) and some locations that you have chosen that have no meaning to me.

Radar is hard to find - tucked down in the Weather Channel window.

With all due respect, AccuWeather is now my preferred weather source.

So: What Yahoo has basically done here is create a creator-driven weather page as opposed to a user-driven page. And that's wrong. You ruined a perfectly good product by trying to be too clever. You really ought to listen to your audience. And you really ought to acknowledge/address - daily - their concerns.

The new weather page is horrible. The old one was much better. Please go back.

100% agree. GO BACK to OLD layout with 5-day detailed layout. This layout sucks the big kahuni.

Agree. This new design is a waste. The picture background makes the screen hard to read. The upper half the canvas is empty (no information). The Monthly Trends, a static non-critical information, occupies the middle of the page (primary estate). The windmill animation does not reflect the actual wind speed and direction. The previous five-day display was simple, easy to read, and right to the point. I don’t know why Yahoo would make this stupid change.

• TKTK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this page is awful! I loved the old one. Why change something that's not broke?

Yup, same here. The old version was much easier to read and more detailed. Go back to that one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base