Hi, please let us know how we can improve Weather further.

I cannot set current location. No matter what I do, it is always United States.

My weather current / preferred location is always defaulting to United States. I do not want United States. I have changed it hundreds of times to no avail. This version of weather is NOT an improvement. It is awful. Yahoo is just getting worse. Product support staff should try using Yahoo. Too many problems.

44th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarshaMarsha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ConradConrad shared a merged idea: The location Yahoo detected could not be more wrong and more frustrating to use. Please give me credit for knowing where I am.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO THE OLD YAHOO!!! This new one is ugly and the weather location is never right.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Yahoo Weather is broken. Autodetect is wrong, and there is no way to turn Autodetect off and Force it to be what I set it to.  ·   · 
    Gathering feedback  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Dear Yahoo Weather users,

We are pleased to let you know that Yahoo has changed the websites to provide you by default with information about your current location. As you travel, Yahoo always wants to show you the most relevant content based on where you currently are.

Yahoo receives information about your current location based on/off the IP address provided by the Internet service provider (ISP) you use to connect to the Internet, and if you use our mobile applications, through your usage of our mobile applications. All location data is private – we will not share it with your friends or contacts or post it publicly without your permission. Usage of this information is governed by our Privacy Policy.

Your existing default location has been migrated to My Location on the left navigation bar.

If you don’t think we’ve got your current location correct, please follow up the two steps below to fix the location and also let us know:
    To click “Detect my location” link on the left navigation bar.

Or, on the Location settings page click on “Detect”.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It says my location is Downtown Owatonna, Owatonna, Minnesota, United States, 55060. I'm in Rochester, MN about 45 miles east. I'd say it's still not fixed. Try again.

• Joe KoehlerJoe Koehler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this response. Did you tech support folks even bother to read the comments on this issue? The complaints are coming from people on PROXY SERVERS! That means your location info is ALWAYS INACCURATE for us! LET US CHOOSE OUR DEFAULT LOCATIONS!

Sorry for the shouting, but I'm getting tired of responses that obviously didn't hear our concerns. Please get a clue, Yahoo!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still does not work. I live in Texas and could care less what is going on in Cal . and the west coast

• Michelle KayMichelle Kay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried to update my current location from Glendale, CA, to Burbank, CA - per your instructions to Marsha - and am now permanently stuck with "California," as my current location showing temperature and other weather information that has no relevance to where I am.

• Ray WIlsonRay WIlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This did not work for me, the best I get is Minnesota .... and not near me apparently.

• KazKaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo product support It's not working.I have to that all the time ,I want to set and have default till I change it my self.

• MarshaMarsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your help. However, I know how to Edit Location and update to current location. The problem is that it does not STAY as current location. It is always United States when I open Yahoo. The step of going into Edit Location each time to detect my location is time consuming. It should STAY as my current location at all times ... like my Basic Yahoo did. This new Yahoo mail is full of "bugs."

Feedback and Knowledge Base