US Weather

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Weather further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Yahoo Weather front page is two-thirds empty space

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather is two-thirds empty space for me. I would much rather you move weather forecast up so I don't have to immediately scroll down to see it. I can only see the first two days of the extended forecast and I don't see the radar at all, unless I scroll down. I would also like an option for a simpler less distracting background.

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS app v1.5.8 stopped working

About two weeks ago your iOS Yahoo Weather app (v1.5.8) stopped working. It no longer updates the data for each of the locations I have followed for years. An error is reported, "Cannot Get Weather", and "There may be a problem with your connection." However, there is not a problem with my connection; this app is the only one that won't connect with the Yahoo Weather service. It is ANNOYING, because the app was GREAT before it provided this error report. Please fix the app, and restore my Yahoo Weather information! Thanks!

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would appreciate having MY location on my screen! I SPRINGHILL.LA 71075

I would appreciate having MY location on my screen! I

11th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When are you going to be consistent? On the same screen you have conflicting information about precipitation and temperatures.

Well, I was going to point out some major errors, but after looking at other messages, it is obvious you are well aware of how terribly inaccurate this site is, and you have no intention of trying to fix it. Why does supposed progress mean we have to put up with more inaccurate information? It makes no sense, but I guess it is making you money, so you don't give a hoot.

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Location... Location... Location!

I would appreciate having MY location on my screen! I have not cleared my cookies, Yahoo does not ask if the location is correct, Yahoo does not use my selected "favorites"... I'd rather have nothing over having the WRONG LOCATION!! From the looks of all the other "suggestions" on how to improve the weather, this suggestion will do no good! Ugh...

6th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. you took the WEATHER off the home page, how do I get it back on my YAHOO homepage?

you took the WEATHER off the home page, how do I get it back on my YAHOO homepage?

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bullhead city Az weather is always wrong. it should be the same as laughlin nv.

these cities are only seperated by the colorado river. and the Laughlin/ bullhead airport is on the az side of the river. right now it says it is 37 in bullhead and 59 in Laughlin???????

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Typo or Other Mistake  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bullhead city Az weather is always wrong. it should be the same as laughlin nv.

. these cities are only seperated by the colorado river. and the Laughlin/ bullhead airport is on the az side of the river. right now it says it is 37 in bullhead and 59 in Laughlin???????

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Whather location setup shown on my front page...

Setting the locations I need is next to impossible. Would you please make thing easier than mating elephants?

47th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 76th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lately you've been giving me a location in Buffalo, NY, and my location is Waterloo, ON, Canada. How do I change it so it shows Waterloo?

When I look at the weather on My Yahoo, it always showed my current location as Waterloo, ON, Canada, which is correct. However, now it comes up as Buffalo, New York and it will show Waterloo, ON as a second location. How can I delete Buffalo, New York?

94th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Your weather reporting of So. America is horrible: Always 20 degrees cooler according to you than it is. I live here. I know.

Obviously you need to improve your sources. I have noticed this about your site for years. It's fake news as it stands now. (Note Rio de Janeiro particularly.)

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Your weather reporting of So. America is horrible: Always 20 degrees cooler according to you than it is. I live here. I know.

Obviously you need to improve your sources. I have noticed this about your site for years. It's fake news as it stands now.

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 102nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Location in weather is junk showing me 136 miles away. I should be able to set my default location.

I should be able to set my default location. This is something I used to be able to do. Whats the problem here???

8th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. weather

you keep repeating yourselves o
    n how to fix the weather location. even a dolt can see that is ineffective, since we keep changing it but YOU keep changing it back to a USELESS location

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bug or Error  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

US Weather

Feedback and Knowledge Base