US Movies GS

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

If you are not able to change the location for finding showtimes, please try below steps:

1. Click on Showtimes on the left rail (pointed out with red arrow), or visit http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/
2. Click on the teardrop icon (pointed out with red arrow)

3. Type your location in the textbox

If you are still having difficulty in finding your local showtimes, please post another feedback here.
Thanks you for the support to Yahoo Movies!

Thanks,
Product Support

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Very user unfriendly site. It takes too long to find a movie in my area.

make it more user friendly. Takes too long to find a movie in my area.

45th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This new movie page design is very user unfriendly

Hi guys, i wanted to provide feedback on your new redesigned Movie page, it is very user unfriendly, i can no longer search my zip code, so when I'm browsing through a VPN it shows me movies local to the VPN zip instead. Ontop of that, as a Web Developer, if i may suggest, simplicity is king. The new layout is confusing and a nightmare to browse. You guys may temporarily go up on google serps because people will now spend longer periods of time on the movie page due to poor navigation-ability, but ultimately that is backward logic to…

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Really need to rethink the redesign before you lose tons of users and ad dollars

As a designer of sites and ads (that go on this page) I think It would be wise for you to re-think this redesign. The new design has made large page takeover units (Man of steel, Oblivion) almost impossible as the responsive design wont line up with any of the screen grab tools the Rich media vendors often use. I can tell you (as a previous studio employee) the studios that buy those ads will not be happy with that and will probably spend their ad dollars elsewhere, like movietickets.com.

Furthermore the transparent background and white on dark text is…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This new set it terrible,

The old format allowed the functionality to hover over the movie to get a description and user rating, now I have to click into each one. It also doesn't save my location, I keep getting thrown back to Jacksonville, FL....I live in NH? When I change the location and drilldown to view a movie, I'm back to Jacksonville and need to change it each time.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. there is no tear drop, put the ZIPCODE entry box back

there is no tear drop, put the ZIPCODE entry box back

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. THERE IS NO TEARDROP!! I DONT WANT MOVIES IN IDAHO!!!!

if YOU SAY THERES A TEARDROP FOR LOCATION THERE SHOULD BE A TEARDROP......THERE IS NO TEARDROP!! I DONT WANT MOVIES IN IDAHO!!!!

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just show me the movies playing near my zip code, NOT what you think I want to see!!!

Your stupid showtimes don't work because your stupid programmers can't create a functional site!!!

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back the summaries. I usually don't want to waist time watching trailers.

Bring back the summaries. I usually don't want to waist time watching trailers.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. i cannot find theaters by zip code or i dont know how.

the layout of the page was so simple so heplfull before, with this new one i cannot find theaters by zip code or i dont know how.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

Thanks for our feedback. Please kindly go to the Showtime section in left navigation bar, and find the pin icon in Showtime page(right next to “Showtime Near…”). Click on the icon, and you will see the textfield for searching local showtime just like we had before.

Thanks for your suggestion and supporting to Yahoo Movies.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

12. 51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

Thanks for your feedback.

If this feedback is about searching showtime by your location, please kindly go to the Showtime section in left rail, and find the pin icon (right next to “Showtime Near…”). Click on the icon, and you will see the textfield for searching local showtime just like we had before.

If you can’t find your local theater with showtime search function, please leave your zip code and most visit theater here:
    http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/207815-us-movies-gs/suggestions/4824148

We will proceed to investigate accordingly

Thanks again!

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

13. 41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. NEW FORMAT STINKS

Go back to what worked. This format stinks. What is I want to see movies in a different location than where the web shows me to be?

Why mess with something that worked very well for something that is a navigation nightmare?

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Your movie listings used to have a seperate page for dvd/blu-ray releases. This is how I would keep informed about new movies out on disc.

Your movie listings used to have a seperate page for dvd/blu-ray releases. This is how I would keep informed about new movies out on disc.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I **really** hate the redesign of Yahoo! Movies.

The new Yahoo! Movies redesign sucks! YM used to be a convenient place to go check movies playing at local theaters, get a quick synopsis of a flick, and see what the critics are saying about the films. Now the only reviews you see are other user reviews, which are rarely concise, accurate, or intelligent. You have to click dozens of times to review all the movies. The new design simply sucks.

So long Yahoo! Movies...

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How many times do people need to complain before you do something about the location on movies not defaulting to our home location?

How many times do people need to complain before you do something about the location on movies not defaulting to our home location?

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hate your new look for all of yahoo. I hate the black background, the content across yahoo is much less and the navigation to find content

All of yahoo really sucks. The black background is bad, content is much less and navigation to get to less content is poor. I am looking to use other websites. Pall of yahoo really sucks.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I'll be going to Fandango to see what's playing until you return to the old format.

I miss the mouse-over where I could see a brief synopsis of a movie. There's just too much clutter all over the page now - I simply cannot find my way around. The navigation is not longer intuitive the way it used to be.

Fandango is where I'll be getting my movie info until you return to a cleaner look with more intuitive navigation.

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm going to list specific things wrong with the new interface:

1. I figured out how to change my default location by clicking the "location" icon next to the name of the city your site thinks I'm in. I like that it gives me my list of locations that I've saved to use with Yahoo Maps. I have my home address listed there so it was just a matter of making that my default location and that overrides what you pull from the IP address.

2. But that doesn't account for the one theater that's kinda far away from me that I like to check out because it is a $2…

61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

US Movies GS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base