US Movies GS

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

If you are not able to change the location for finding showtimes, please try below steps:

1. Click on Showtimes on the left rail (pointed out with red arrow), or visit http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/
2. Click on the teardrop icon (pointed out with red arrow)

3. Type your location in the textbox

If you are still having difficulty in finding your local showtimes, please post another feedback here.
Thanks you for the support to Yahoo Movies!

Thanks,
Product Support

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. The new format is HORRIBLE

You need to change back to the new format. Omit the links to articles, bring back the "search by location" box--put it in a place that is easy to find. Bring back the side view that gives the reader a quick view of the movies that have been recently released...This format is way too busy and hideous to read.

71st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Distracting to look at and read Take away the background stuff

Change it back to the old way or at least give us an option to view it that way. I'm all for change but your new movie page is yucky.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back the original! This one doesn't allow to change to local zips.

This format sucks. You really know how to destroy a good thing. Bring back the original. It allowed us to find movies at our local theatres. I won't be using this site.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There IS no teardrop to change locations on my screen.

Yahoo Movies used to work fine for me, but a while back, it decided I lived in Independence, Kansas. I live in Buffalo, New York. And instead of offering the teardrop for me to change my location, it offers a plus sign, so I can favorite it. This is, unsurprisingly, NOT HELPFUL. I really miss the box to just enter my zip code.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. You keep listing my location as 200 miles away and won't let me change it

Let me delete my location as you do for all the other locations you keep track of for my travels!

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want to be able to see movie theaters with one click like in the past and bring back reviews of both pros and readers here!

The old page/format was well thought out and was much more useful than now. There was a text based list of coming movies broken down by month that went out like a year! There was a matrix of Reviewers reviews from major publications and the readers also could post reviews and the whole thing was informative and real actual fun. Yahoo was my first and last stop for movies info. Now it is one of many and not my first choice either. Bring back ALL the old functionality and maybe update the graphics a little. Right now Yahoo Movies has…

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put BACK my Favorites search option! Please!

Return MY FAVORITE THEATER SEARCH OPTION PLEASE!

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Your site sucks now that you can't sort by user review ratings...hello rotten tomatoes

Your site sucks now that you can't sort by user review ratings...hello rotten tomatoes

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. This site is horrible. It is a nightmare to navigate through. Several of the links do not work when I click on them.

This site is horrible. It is a nightmare to navigate through. Several of the links do not work when I click on them.

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When are you going to fix the movies page?

It has been broken for 3 months. You still have a link to holiday movies. In February! And, it is a dead link. Bring back showtimes and in theaters information that is current and complete.

71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Two things: 1. "Showtimes" only shows a few or no theaters, 2. Where is "My Movies" ?

"Showtimes" is not working right lately. Sometimes it shows a few theaters in town and nearby towns or sometimes none even though my location is chosen - Winston-Salem, NC.

I thought maybe I could set the theaters manually but even though I sign in I can't find "My Movies". Searching in help tells WHAT "My Movies" is but not WHERE to find it.

Is there something wrong with the Java script?

Other sites work fine

-Windows Vista, Chrome browser

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Now I click on my theater, and brings me to some of the movie listings of some other theaters that are near me at the time.

I used to have a list of the movie theaters that I like. I could click on those, see listings for that theater TODAY, select a movie, and see critic and user reviews. Not you've completely broken all of that. Now I click on my theater, and brings me to some of the movie listings of some other theaters that are near me at the time. WTF? When I click on a movie I get mostly spam, trailers, and other nonsense that I don't care about. Your site gets more useless by the day...

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am unable to get theaters in my area with the exception of 2 location

Get a new and better contractor for the movie section. Preferably someone who knows what they are doing. Allow for the reader to select the theaters they would like to view. I can not get the correct information on this existing site.

113th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. WHY do i have to open a new page to watch the trailer? WHY isn't there a quick link to the trailers?

Ok.. here is the deal. IF you let designers run thing ( I should know, I am one. ) they will change design every time every.. &^&&*^# year. EVERY TIME i come to this page is a new design... WHAT THE HECK? WHY??? WHY do i have to open a new page to watch the trailer? WHY isn't there a quick link to the trailers??????????? ... THE previous design was WAY BETTER. STOP changing what works. Thank you very much..

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Yahoo....always fixing what isn't broken.....RETURN TO THE PREVIOUS FORMAT

Dear Yahoo, I, as many other users as well, am done. You're always taking good functional web pages and making them useless. The same goes for BUSINESS EMAIL. You used to be or favorite, but now you have let a bunch of children "F" up all of your formerly functional work. Why on earth would you remove the "LOCATION" from you movie page?? Why can't we choose our location to get local movie times?? Just more in a long list of disappointments. I guess it's time to move to the dreaded and hated GOOGLE, anything is better than what you…

98th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kelly,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with using Yahoo Movies.

About the changing location for your local showtime, we didn’t remove the feature in this new version.
    Please kindly find the pin icon (right next to “Showtime Near…” in Showtime section) and click on it, and you will see the textfield just like we had before.

Again, we are appreciate for your suggestion and supporting to help us improving the service. If you have any other question, just leave a feedback and let us know.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

19. 80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2nd Request ! ! ! Old format please

Please go back to the old format. I cannot find my hometown theater; when I tell it to give me more, it doesn't. This is AWFUL ! ! !

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your feedback to Yahoo Movies.

About the changing location for your local showtime, please kindly find the pin icon (right next to “Showtime Near…” in Showtime section) and click on it, and you will see the textfield just like we had before.

Again, we are appreciate for your suggestion and supporting to help us improving the service. If you have any other question, just leave a feedback and let us know.

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

• Don't see your idea?

US Movies GS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base