US Movies GS

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

If you are not able to change the location for finding showtimes, please try below steps:

1. Click on Showtimes on the left rail (pointed out with red arrow), or visit http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/
2. Click on the teardrop icon (pointed out with red arrow)

3. Type your location in the textbox

If you are still having difficulty in finding your local showtimes, please post another feedback here.
Thanks you for the support to Yahoo Movies!

Thanks,
Product Support

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 98th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't care about movies in CA, I live in CO, and you give no location to change that. Cant use it.

When I ask for movies in theaters, you list theaters in siicon valley, but I live in Boulder CO. But there is no where to change that, at least that I can find, studying the screen. Of course your advertisers keep changing the screen so much, I may have missed it.

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I can never easily find movies near me.

It takes forever to find movies in a theater near me.

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. At least drop all the added background and busy advertising for the theatres section.

The THEATRE SECTION is where I'm looking for inforamtion. All the added background and colors ...even the advertisments create so much havoc that it's difficult to see anything.

Suggestions/Thoughts:
    - The black and white was a lot easier to read and find my favorite theatre. Then sifting through the movies that I want to see versus the ones I have no interest in was a lot easier before.
    - All the added advertisements with the inlaid moving figures and graphics that expand over what I'm trying to see is extremely annoying. The delay of trying to what I want to…

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Movies Lovers,

Thanks for providing your ideas on the new Yahoo Movies.

For the problem you have on finding local showtime, please kindly let me know your location, or zip code, and your most visited theater. So we can start to look into your issues.

Please post the information back here:
    http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/207815-us-movies-gs/suggestions/4427846

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

6. new movies.yahoo.com pages == slow on desktop, **unreadable** on iPhone, iPad, and nexus 7 devices.

new movies.yahoo.com pages == slow on desktop, **unreadable** on iPhone, iPad, and nexus 7 devices.

i'm use to viewing trailers and upcoming movies at lease once a week - after the new designs, i cant even find the trailers section.

FYI - i'm an web and mobile device developer. Responsive design on movies.yahoo.com now is just horrible.

Does Yahoo even test their contents on multiple environments before live - production releases?

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ditto to the other recent posts. New format is ****** to scan and read and now the page thinks I live in L.A.

Ditto to the other recent posts. New format is ****** to read and the page thinks I am in L.A. and is giving me theater times for that area instead of Eugene, OR where I actually live. Does anybody test this stuff before launching?

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Oh so tricky and clever

You have adorned the site with ads and overlays . . but as your site qacknowledges me as living in valancia, ca . . it guives me suggested theaters in San Jose . . only a 5 hr drive from here @ 70mph . . quit being so ******* clever and just simply deliver the goods . . . you had it about perfect a year ago . . i could review movie theater showtimes in my city or surrounding cities easily . . scroll over a movie and get the synopsis . . claick on it and do more…

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 50 Greatest Actors Alive

I don't know if this is where I should put this, but I thought a new actor was supposed to be revealed each week but there hasn't been any update this week and I'm just curious as to why it is? I am very interested in this article and have been checking back each week! I'm very intrigued as to the rest of the list. :) Thank you

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When are you going to fix the location issue?

I have changed to location per your instructions and every time I click into see details on a movie, then back, it takes me to the wrong (automatically selected) location. I live in Menlo Park (SF Bay Area) and your system defaults to San Marcos (San Diego), over 300 miles away! Why can't you just TURN OFF the auto-detection and let me select my location without it changing? That should be very simple programming - I am very frustrated.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change back to the Old Pages, the Information above on how to change locations does not exist on my page,

Change is not always good, things like showtimes and the ability of viewing showtimes in my location, not 1000 miles away would help. Why must you always change Web Pages and make them worse than what you started with.

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put the movie pages back the way they were. The new pages af execssively cluttered. Simplify with theatre name, movie name and showtimes.

Go back to original movie info: Theatre name, Movie name , Movie times. Everything else is just clutter.

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it simpler

The primary reason I go to this site is to get showtimes. Once I input the zip code and press enter, nothing happens so I just use the default of Chicago, IL and get some theaters.
    However, when I select "more theaters" it just refreshes the page.
    Can you make it simpler to just input a zip code, get the theaters in the area and the showtimes?
    I'm not big on movie synopsis so I don't need to know the plot of a particular title; however, I would like be able to easily access showtimes.

113th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i need more than 3 listings for a movie. there are more than 3 theaters in my area

how about giving me an option for expanding the radius in which the search is looks for theaters not just with in eye shot. now i have to use your competitors to get the information you used to provide.

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Format scores a one half. Poor effort. Looks at the expense of performance and content. Missing theaters, slow. Can't pick favorite th

Go back to old format or tell me how the new format improves my life. It doesn't come close. New Format scores a one half at best. Poor effort. Looks at the expense of performance and content. Missing theaters, very slow. Can't pick favorite theater. Dock the pay of whoever designed this one. You must need cache memory for other apps.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The above suggestion does not work as my screen has no teardrop icon.

You continue to direct me to a theater in the geographic center of my state (MI) which is 200 miles form my house!

98th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have an idea!

How about remembering where I am so I don't have to enter it EVERY TIME I CHECK MOVIE TIMES YOU STUPID MORONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

113th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve favorite theatre list

Having a list of favorite theaters is useless if you won't put them at the top of my list.

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. This site is a godawful mess. Today, it decided I live in Kansas, even though my Account profile clearly shows Simi Valley, CA

Put a location box on the site. Further, do some testing, and ergonomic analysis with REAL USERS.

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I live in a small town, all the theaters I go to are in two of the larger cities with in 50 miles of my present area.

The system that was in place before this 'upgrade' worked. There was no Need to fix it. What you got now is worthless.
    I live in a small town, all the theaters I go to are in two of the larger cities with in 50 miles of my present area. But I can't get one listing cause its is in a different State and I have to have the zip code for each area those theaters are in just to see what is playing.
    All in all you broke something that did not need fixing to start with.
    Why not…

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

US Movies GS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base