US Movies GS

Hi Yahoo Movies Lover,

If you are not able to change the location for finding showtimes, please try below steps:

1. Click on Showtimes on the left rail (pointed out with red arrow), or visit http://movies.yahoo.com/showtimes/
2. Click on the teardrop icon (pointed out with red arrow)

3. Type your location in the textbox

If you are still having difficulty in finding your local showtimes, please post another feedback here.
Thanks you for the support to Yahoo Movies!

Thanks,
Product Support

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 236th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I can never easily find movies near me.

It takes forever to find movies in a theater near me.

88th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get rid of the overlays.

Wonderful you learned how to put transparent information on top of images, but sad you thought it was useful.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. This new movie page design is very user unfriendly

Hi guys, i wanted to provide feedback on your new redesigned Movie page, it is very user unfriendly, i can no longer search my zip code, so when I'm browsing through a VPN it shows me movies local to the VPN zip instead. Ontop of that, as a Web Developer, if i may suggest, simplicity is king. The new layout is confusing and a nightmare to browse. You guys may temporarily go up on google serps because people will now spend longer periods of time on the movie page due to poor navigation-ability, but ultimately that is backward logic to…

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. fluff over function

I don't like this new interface. It's difficult to find the theaters in my area and when I did, the listings were less than complete. Plus it's hard to read the text on top of the photographic background. I get that you want an new exciting design but did you do any usability studies? I do them for a living and I can tell that you did not. Please rethink this entire scheme and layout,it isn't working.

236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Movie lover,

Thanks for your feedback to Yahoo Movies.

For the issue you report, could you please let me know further that:
    1. You can find where to change to your location?
    2. You can’t find your location theater after searching?

Thanks again for your help and supporting!

Best Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

7. Return to old format

I don't like this format. There's too much going on in the background and it's difficult to read the information. Also I would like for the movies times to show under every movie name. I don't want to have to click on the movie to see the times what if I'm debating between multiple movies? It's not convenient.

113th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wow. The new showtimes pages is really broke. Can't even get my local theaters.

Wow. The new showtimes pages is really broke. Can't even get my local theaters. It shows my location as Harker Heights,TX, but is pulling up a theater from somewhere in Kansas.

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. THIS NEW FORMAT BLOWS.. i cant even find the dvd reveiw section

were the **** is the DVD section in this new format??..please do us all a favor and go back to the old format..thanks

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 113th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 71st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Movies Lovers,

Thanks for providing your ideas on the new Yahoo Movies.

For the problem you have on finding local showtime, please kindly let me know your location, or zip code, and your most visited theater. So we can start to look into your issues.

Please post the information back here:
    http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/207815-us-movies-gs/suggestions/4427846

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
    Yahoo Product Support

12. This new set it terrible,

The old format allowed the functionality to hover over the movie to get a description and user rating, now I have to click into each one. It also doesn't save my location, I keep getting thrown back to Jacksonville, FL....I live in NH? When I change the location and drilldown to view a movie, I'm back to Jacksonville and need to change it each time.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Really need to rethink the redesign before you lose tons of users and ad dollars

As a designer of sites and ads (that go on this page) I think It would be wise for you to re-think this redesign. The new design has made large page takeover units (Man of steel, Oblivion) almost impossible as the responsive design wont line up with any of the screen grab tools the Rich media vendors often use. I can tell you (as a previous studio employee) the studios that buy those ads will not be happy with that and will probably spend their ad dollars elsewhere, like movietickets.com.

Furthermore the transparent background and white on dark text is…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I used to come here all the time because it was the quickest way to find out what was playing in Tulsa. Now its slow and over crowded.

Go back to a format that isnt slow and actually shows the city I live in without 50 key strokes.

214th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. At least drop all the added background and busy advertising for the theatres section.

The THEATRE SECTION is where I'm looking for inforamtion. All the added background and colors ...even the advertisments create so much havoc that it's difficult to see anything.

Suggestions/Thoughts:
    - The black and white was a lot easier to read and find my favorite theatre. Then sifting through the movies that I want to see versus the ones I have no interest in was a lot easier before.
    - All the added advertisements with the inlaid moving figures and graphics that expand over what I'm trying to see is extremely annoying. The delay of trying to what I want to…

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'm going to list specific things wrong with the new interface:

1. I figured out how to change my default location by clicking the "location" icon next to the name of the city your site thinks I'm in. I like that it gives me my list of locations that I've saved to use with Yahoo Maps. I have my home address listed there so it was just a matter of making that my default location and that overrides what you pull from the IP address.

2. But that doesn't account for the one theater that's kinda far away from me that I like to check out because it is a $2…

61st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for your reporting!
    To clarify the issue you have, could you please let me know that:
    1. Do you get Kansas as your default location?
    2. Do you get Kansas after detecting your location?
    3. Do you get Kansa theater after you search by your location?

Thanks so much again for helping me solve the issue.

Have a nice day.
    Yahoo Product Support

19. This new format is not working. It no longer shows most of my theaters, including one that is one mile from my house. It is way too busy.

This new format is not working. It no longer shows most of my theaters, including one that is one mile from my house. It is way too busy.

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it! Horrible new movie interface! I hate hate hate it!!!!!!!

WTF? This new interface makes it hard to see anything, read anything or find anything. It defaults to a Texas movie theater even though I am in CA. Just like their Mail interface, Yahoo has taken something good and F#@%ed it up.

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

US Movies GS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base