US Groups

Welcome to Yahoo Group’s feedback forum! We welcome new feedback and feature ideas. Please share your feedback on Yahoo Groups and vote for ideas you like.

For any help or issues with the product please visit Yahoo Help or contact Yahoo’s Customer Care

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Unable to upload files

For approximately the past month, I have been unable to upload files to my group (I am the owner/moderator). i can delete files and create folders, but I cannot upload the edited version of a document I deleted, so now it is missing entirely! I am using Safari 5.1.10 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. While I seem to finally be able to actually save data entered on the databases, not being able to upload files is quite problematic.

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

r reply window

Suddenly the reply window has changed and instead of seeing the rectangular more options button that was there before there is the "expand header" option BUT we no longer have option to select to reply to sender rather than whole group. Is this intentional or a glitch?
      Please let us know when a fix is scheduled. Thanks!

All replies go to everyone. Below it says this glitch is fixed, but it isn't!
      There is no drop box anymore, just a reply button.
      I am the moderator/list owner, and I looked to see if it is something I…

167th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • After clicking on "next" arrow there is a delay while the Yahoo exclamation point and banner picture load. Page jumps up and then down.

After clicking "next/forward" there is a delay and the new page jumps up and then down while the Yahoo exclamation point and the banner picture load. Since I am not interested on looking at the exclamation point or the banner photo, this delay before I can read the message is annoying. The jumping page is also visually annoying.

167th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Not all of the photos in an album show up in the thumbnail view.

The album cover says there are 78 photos, but only 40 show up in the thumbnail view. Your software pointed me to other similar reports, with a statement at the end that this has been fixed, but it hasn't.

I am an owner of the group, and when I select "Reorder Photos", I see them all. I can move one of the invisible photos to the beginning, and then it shows up in the regular thumbnails.

The group in question is "velerosbaja".

167th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Cannot modify database.

Our group has a database with a list of members and info about their boats (It's a San Juan 24 sailboat group). The column "Boat's Name" cannot be populated when adding a new line. Also, I am unable to add columns or revise column titles.

167th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • make it possible to edit pending emails and not receive a purple error bar. Messages can't be edited or rejected and returned to sender.

We need to be able to edit ALL pending messages and not just some of them. A purple error bar comes across when trying to edit 25% of the emails. It prevents any editing and it prevents rejecting the message and returning it to the sender with a note.

167th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Groups - conversations - finding a previous post

I am the owner and moderator of the Mearns Bird Club Yahoo group.
                https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Mearnsbirdclub/conversations/messages
                In the previous incarnation of Yahoo Groups we could find a previous post by using a word/name/place name mentioned in the post in the Search box.
                In the Neo groups, it is possible to search only by message number.
                How is one supposed to know a message number? This is poorly conceived.
                We are bird club and if I want to find out when a particular bird was seen, I cannot.
                Please return the Search function to entering a word used in the previous message/title to…

167th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Please Stop Trimming our Links

Thankyou Yahoo!! for some reason, I'm finding YahooGroups is trimming my links - rendering them USELESS, but Im sure it saves them oh 3 or 4 bytes of space; and must save you some MicroPenny. A big part of my participation in Yahoo Groups is posting Pictures and Art; the Reason I maintain a Yahoo business account is to host that Art; being unable to link from Art posted on One Yahoo Product to another Yahoo Product is ... Infuriating!!

the first image was
                  http://p10.hostingprod.com/@.../GW/2014/MyAthena_21Mar2014.jpg
                  becomes....
                  http://p10.hostingprod.com/@anar-mura.com/GW/2014/MyAthena_21Mar2014.jpg

http://p10.hostingprod.com/@anar-mura.com/GW/2014/MyAthena_SkBk_21Mar2014.jpg
                  but became...
                  http://p10.hostingprod.com/@.../GW/2014/MyAthena_SkBk_21Mar2014.jpg

Of course the problem is the @ inserted in…

167th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Trash this Neo Program and go back to the Old Program which worked and made sense.

I vote for bringing back the old program that members understood, worked for the monitors, was user friendly and made sense.

This Neo junk stinks, plain and simple. It is user unfriendly, does not work properly, was never developed correctly to begin with, is confusing for members and monitors, and is hard to understand.
                    Members are complaining to me and I don't have a valid explanation for them.

This Neo program is visually very unfriendly for the handicapped and I hope they complain to Yahoo about this situation.

Yahoo is not listening to its members or moderators. They simply are…

167th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • How to join a group--make it easier!!

Everytime I hit join group...I get a message saying: "To use Yahoo Groups, you must first create a public profile. This is a name which you will be known by within the group. It will be used to identify you when you use group features such as Messages, Chat, Photos, and Calendar, and it will be displayed in the Members area of your group. You can use your real name or a nickname."--which I have!! it is like a vicious circle to try to get in this group!!!

167th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Notification sent to list members when a FILE is uploaded contains links that DO NOT WORK!

Notification sent to list members when a FILE is uploaded contains links that DO NOT WORK!

210th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • cannot read messages that are wider than message window because sideways scroll bar out of reach at bottom

When a message in the Yahoo Groups archives is wider than the message window, it is impossible to read because the sideways scroll bar is on the bottom and out of reach when I'm at the top of the message. This was a problem in Yahoo Mail that was finally fixed, but apparently developers of Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Groups don't communicate with each other.

210th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • '" visit your group " What's this &quote; ****? Why not just "

"" '" visit your group " " What's this &quote; ****?" " Why not just " "" " "

210th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • STILL having issues Rejecting a post with comment

You have posted "COMPLETED" to this several times, BUT IT IS STILL OCCURRING. As a moderator I get the "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content" whenever I include the group owners in the "TO:" box.

This is REALLY becoming a pain in the hind quarters.

I realize you will never go back to a working group forum, but at least make it so the moderators can function.

210th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allow retrieving of recently sent messages in archives by hitting back button

In the old Yahoo Groups system composed messages were retrievable by hitting the back button on my browser. Now when I write a message and send it, or accidentally hit the Reply instead of Send button (which is due to the terrible design of Neo!), I cannot go back to it.

I've spent considerable time writing posts that simply disappeared because I either accidentally sent it to just one individual in the group, or hit a wrong button. There is no way to keep a record of my own sent (or attempted) messages anymore.

210th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Database problems with letter å = Ĺ

The letter å Å - are shown as this letter in our Database - Norwegian language

And still it is not possible to use æ ø å in the calendar/event

210th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Can no longer edit posts and then approve or reject them. What's going on now????

For a short while the edit option for posts needing approval worked. Now it no longer does. What's gives At least with classic groups everything worked. with neo everything is broken.

210th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Why don't all of the pics in a directory display rather than about 40 or so?

Why don't all of the pics in a directory display rather than about 40 or so? I have some directories with a 100 plus pics. When you click on that directory. Only about 40 pics or so display.

210th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • User voice doesn't work in IE9

When I try to get to a user voice link using IE9 all I get is Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

210th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Links broken in Groups with Safari 6.1.1

Links broken in Groups with Safari 6.1.1 on OS X 10.8.5.

Page:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/HR_Users_Group/info

Clicking "Conversations" and other links does not take you to the page, it just underlines the clicked link.

210th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base