US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2260th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please trouble shoot defective Events calendar

Our Events calendar has been faulty for a month now. As moderator, I inputted an event reminder to recur every 3rd of the month...nothing posted on June 3..nothing on July 3--PLEASE look over so that August 3 will be posted...until November 3, on a monthly basis. Our other events (created to recur yearly) are being posted well. Wonder what the problem could be and anxiously look forward to receiving your prompt feedback with solutions! Thank you!

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Members are not able to add or edit Events, despite the Control Panel setting the Events as Member access to view and edit.

Members are not able to add or edit Events, despite the Control Panel setting the Events as Member access to view and edit.

679th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm a member but I can't get into my group! ain't MY fault, YAHOO! you don't give me any ways to get around the problem...

if a person is a member of a group, but for some reason yahoo is shutting them out, Yahoo needs to provide SOME WAY to contact yahoo (I contacted my group, but it's not THEIR problem, it's a YAHOO problem!) You need a 'contact us' button, because you need to analyze the problem on YOUR end so I can fix it! YOU NEED EITHER A 'CONTACT US' button or a live chat.

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Poor Editor & Reminders on Events

The Editor is very primitive. Cant use rich text nor just get simple line breaks to work!
    My group receives 2 reminders, once 2 days before (as I desire to have), and another within 5 minutes of that. I tried various tricks but can not get rid of the second reminder. Very annoying.
    How does Ms. CEO expect this to be a competitive tool? Amazing. I will be quitting this group and using Google or another provider very soon, if I dont see this improve by next fall Plenty of time

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Yahoo Calendar/Events Not Working!

Yahoo Groups Calendar/Events very buggy.
    Works for two seconds then won't work at all.
    I need access to this calendar on a daily basis and my group members do too.
    It is our work schedule!
    Don't understand why yet again, Calendar is not working correctly.
    Please fix asap!!

119th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Meeting time announcement not working. Our meeting 6:30PM on GMT-5 announces as 1:30?

Fix time for automatic announcements. Now indicating 5 hrs too soon. EST

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am the owner for 59fc.The reminders set in the calendar is not functioning consistently. In February all reminders have been missed.

I am the owner for 59fc.The reminders set in the calendar is not functioning consistently. In February all reminders have been missed.

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make Calendar Accessible and Event Scheduling possible from Android mobile phones

We mostly use Yahoo Groups for scheduling Events and members viewing the calendar; however the"More" menu is not accessible from mobile phones (at least an S4), so there appears to be no way to view the calendar or edit/schedule events, making groups fairly useless.

1083rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Events calendar removes formatting

When I enter text into the events calendar, I include CR/LF and start a new sentance on a new line. However the formatting is removed when Reminders are sent out, so it all appears as one continuous line, making it hard to read. Could the formatting of the event in the calendar be retained when sent out as a reminder please?

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow owners to edit/delete ongoing events created years ago by former group members

I need to update the description/message on an ongoing event and I've been given full owner permissions, but I can't edit the event. I can't even delete it and make a replacement version. We're stuck with it because whoever created it is no longer active in the group. Owners should be able to make changes to this!

612th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1536th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group Event Calendar - We are sorry! Something went wrong…?

I don’t seem to be able to edit calendar events that other people have added to the calendar. I get the message: "We are sorry! Something went wrong… “Edit” Permissions not available". I have moderator status though on the "Access Control" page we have everything set to "Members" to be able to view and edit. My web browsers and plugins are all updated and tried it on Firefox and IE, and get the same message. Please let me know any suggestions. Thanks!

174th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. !! As IF you haven't already done so much damage to the Groups pages, What in the Heck have you done w/the Calendar (no updates)?

WHERE??? WHY??? As IF you haven't already done so much damage to the Groups pages, What in the Heck have you done w/the Calendar? There are no updates of items placed on the Calendar!

2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Receiving message in Group events: "Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later."

Receiving message in Group events: "Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later."

612th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why can't I use my Yahoo groups calendar on my iPhone? It is fine on my computer

I'm happy to pay for features - is there an app that the members of our group can purchase to use the Yahoo Groups calendar from our smart phones? It worked before the change but we have not been able to make it work since.

1083rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2260th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. we need to be able to access the calendar (events) on mobile phones, as so many of our members only use phones...

we need to be able to access the calendar (events) on mobile phones, as so many of our members only use phones...

679th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2075th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendars with VERY few changes annually nearly always display "Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later."

Calendars I maintain, which may see a few (2-4 typically) changes ANNUALLY, so often display the above message. Often the time required to view the calendar is not minutes, hours or days but MONTHS. Why is something so simple so unreliable when in prior releases this message was never seen or needed? Please unbreak it and consult with your free advisory community before you have insight into the damage you're hitting your total customer base with. This impacts not just the moderators but many of the members as well. Sales Basics: Don't needlessly tick off your customers.

1083rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base