US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calandar notice is using GMT instead of local time

I have been using the automatic notice feature for 2 groups that I moderate. This month's notice came out describing the meeting time as
    Friday, 17 October 2014
    12:00 AM to 02:00 AM
    (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London,

when the appropriate local time (NJ) would be 7:00pm to 9:00pm.

This is not helpful. Moreover, the UK is not on GMT in Summer, so the times listed are off by 1 hour.

I would call this an error but I can't post/send it to customer care.

239th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Evernt reminders are showing incorrect time even though the event on the calendar is correct.

Please fix your upgrade processes so that it doesn't almost always mess up the groups event calendar and reminders.

This problem occurs every time yahoo groups is upgraded substantially.

221st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2217th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix the Timezone Problem with Event Reminders

Our events are set up with the proper time -- 2-5pm -- and our calendar is set to the proper timezone - (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US Canada)- yet this is the message that our members set when they get reminders: "09:00 AM to 12:00 PM".

You need to fix this or we will be forced to leave YahooGroups and find another way to organize our events.

801st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. still doesn't work on iphones!

please make all features available on iphone

280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. EVENTS not working

Can you fix the EVENTS? We no longer receive notifications each month. They are important to us.

Thank you,
    Neo

1052nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CATASTROPHE IN EVENTS OR CALENDAR

Reminders in the group calendar are now appearing as garbage on the groups message boards. Group members are therefore receiving rubbish in their email boxes. This is serious and needs urgent attention.

Has Yahoo removed the HTML function from activities in the group calendar?

321st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reminders do not print the times entered in event.

I set my calendar to AZ time and entered my times but the reminders go out with GMT time. - This is unacceptable. There should be an option that the international groups can use where the time translates to who the receiver is (like outlook) and doesn't mess with the point of origination times. Ours is a neighborhood group - no time translations are needed.

2217th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please fix the time zone. I put in Central and it just reverts to GMT. It also screws up the time. I think I can trick it into sending ...

Please fix the time zone. I put in Central and it just reverts to GMT. It also screws up the time. I think I can trick it into sending the "correct" time - as long as my members don't look at the "GMT"

348th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rich Text Editor Needed

Can we get the notes editor to be rich text? I am a mod for my group and like to insert rich text in the notes for group events or edit the notes using rich text features, bitmaps, pictures.

595th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Where is CALENDAR ? Please turn it on again.

It is needed but it desapeared from our Groups ... Why ???
    Turn it on again !

1052nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Event Calendat time zone issue

Please add a warning popup when the user creating an event has a calendar that is not GMT +0 and the group calendar is GMT +0.

"Warning - group calendar is set to GMT"

2217th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We cannot enable the calendar function on the new group we created.

Please fix the calendar function. We started a new group and cannot enable the events/calendar function. Without it the group is useless and will not be used.

595th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please fix the YahooGroups Calendar...I can't see my entries!

Love the group calendar idea...but do not like that I cannot see my entries past September 2014. It looks like my calendar is blank, but reminders and events have been set up through June 2015. Please FIX the CALENDAR so I can see my entries.

656th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please fix the yahoogroups calendar!

Please fix the reminders in the calendar. No matter how many times I save the reminders, it doesn't actually save. I can edit the calendar entry 20 times, but it never "sticks". We haven't had a reminder sent out in almost 2 months.

104th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 280th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2217th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The events link is not (and had not) been working so I am unable to update or access the calendar for the group.

The events link is not (and had not) been working so I am unable to update or access the calendar for the group. All the other options in the drop down list work, but events (the calendar) is grayed out. ???

517th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change single event out of a repetition

Sometimes it happens that you want to change the date and/or time of an event, that is an item of a series of regular events. E.g. you have a regular meeting every first mondy in a month. But in May there is a bank holiday, so the meeting should be postponed to tuesday.
    Right now, this is not possible, without affecting all the other events of that series.

2217th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide an easier way to contact you for assistance.

Since your latest change, our time zone is not correctly set on our calendar and events page. I've repeatedly updated it and it does not get saved or corrected.

2217th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base