US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. improve the "back" button

when I read a message, and then go back, why must I start all over at the beginning. very cumbersome when searching photos or a past topic. then I have to reset settings all over again. back button should take you to the screen you were using and the spot where you stopped to read instead of the beginning of your search. hard when a group is very active.

119th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Archives are invaluable for nature groups like birds or butterflies. If I want to see what butterflies were seen in May 2006 I want to be ab

When searching archives I want to see a page of reports like it was in the past. For example, if I want to see what butterflies were seen in May 2007 I can just select the topics regarding sightings and not bother with the ones on taxonomy, ethics, etc.

164th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Advanced Search on messages so that moderators can actually take action on them.

I find it completely frustrating that you can search messages, but then the only check box you are given is "show results only from my messages." And how does that ever help anybody?

I have a bajillion spam messages to get rid of the one very considerate button called "Check all" with a Delete beside it would solve ALL my problems right now.

It would also be nice to just "delete all messages from this user" but at the least, a powerful Advanced search function that wasn't just intended for lookie-loos would be a minimum requirement.

175th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove INACTIVE groups from the directory as a default

The Yahoo Groups directory is FULL of groups that have had NO ACTIVITY for well over a year. As a default, these groups should not appear when searching for a group by keyword. I suggest adding a link or checkbox to "Include inactive groups in search", but by default they should not show up, since they are unlikely to be a useful group anymore.

175th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Advanced search, by post # and/or message #

You can search, within a group, by message # (great idea!). Could it, also, be possible to add search by topic # (also within same group)?

I've been following a Yahoo! Group which has been active for over a decade.

In the process of creating an easy method to read past posts, I think it would be a great idea to include search by topic #, so that a person can easily get back to the last read topic, and continue reading from there. What do you think?

To summarize ... Option to search by, either or both, topic #…

184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need help with search feature -- how to return to search list

Need help with search feature. Once you've done your search as above and say you get 20 messages that pull up with your search. You click and look at one of the 20 messages. You then want to get back to all the 20 messages that came up in your search. I can't find a way to do that. It seems once you looks at one message in your group of 20 that pulled up, the go back button takes you back to the entire conversations for the group. So you have to re-enter your search again each time you…

266th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Database is no longer searchable by item URL.

The old Database format allowed you to share an item by URL rather than the generic entire Database.

For example, members want an item from the Database: all the shoe shops in our neighborhood. Your search produces the results. You can copy the results URL , share it with the members in a post and when they click on it, it takes them to that exact collection of data. Now in the new Database version, all such URLs go to /point to the landing page of the Database only.

304th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop requiring polls be enabled in order to search posts in a group; getting that message

Yahoo apparently made a change. I can't search my group posts because polls are not enabled. I don't want polls enabled in my group. Please change back.

348th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. added search option

my suggestion is for a 'local' search option that would show you the areas closest to you first

348th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restore search message feature... Disappeared after NEO!?!?

Need to be able to search past messages!

387th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Searching

I think others have detailed that searching groups is bad. I just tried searching - got 275 results - but trying to scroll through them was almost impossible. I'd get so far then then it would race back to the top.

Also, I tried to not include a word in my search to try to get fewer results; guess what? I got the results with the word I DIDN'T want.

This certainly needs to be improved.

387th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. On Yahoo, on home page, please post a few articles, other than 95% liberal rags, like salon, Vox, Huffington Puff.

Please post a couple lead articles, other than 95% liberal rags like, Salon, Huffington Puff and Vox, just to name a few and their contributing journalists. I realize, the head of Yahoo and Google are huge liberal supporters, but, it would be nice to hear another side of a story. If you have an article concerning a conservative or independent, the lead line, starts with how ignorant they are, or how stupid what they said is. Please make some attempt, to sound a little less biased. I wouldn't use Yahoo or Google, if there were alternatives. I'm sure you could…

468th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Polls are a bit tricky to find

Link polls separately , instead of under "More". Hardly anyone uses polls any more because they aren't easy to find. They are a fun part of Yahoo Groups !

468th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Really dislike the new yahoo finance page. Why can't Yahoo understand they should keep what is good and efficient about them?

Bring back old format for Yahoo Finance. It is super useful, efficient and worked very well. I will be searching for a new browser if the new format continues

565th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort out unresposive group searchs and pages

Fix the problems; so slow searches and unresponsive pages. It is almost unusable in it's current configuration.

565th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Yep, fix scrolling function up or down from the context area of any post number anywhere.

Links don't work on homepage for the very initial posts to the group made in the first year within the search matrix at the bottom of the page. Some of the posts in the first few hundred are important to the original intent of the group. Can't get to them to scroll from post number 1 for context. Links for second year and beyond are hot but not the first year. Fairfieldlife@yahoo-groups

619th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why my Public Yahoo Group is not indexed in Yahoo Search?

I tried to search my yahoo group URL through yahoo search engine but did not find it and instead I even find my googlegroup that uses the same name of my yahoogroup ..

example:
    yahoogroupname: YOUR (not found in yahoo search result) why not?
    googlegroupname: YOUR (Found in Yahoo Search result)

893rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you not have alphabetical at top of scene to go to 'my groups' starting with a given letter rather than scrolling from 'A' each time in

Cannot you provide alphabetical list at top of screne when on '.My Groups', so if going through the list it takes you to the alphabetical letter rather than having to scroll from 'A' each time.

893rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Group no longer listed in Artist Category?

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ToddRundgren-GroknRollUtopia/info
    556 members - maintained - no spam - founded in 2002 and it disappeared from the top position of the Artist Category for Todd Rundgren!

893rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. PLEASE PLEASE stop posting things about dogs being slaughterd and used for meat. It is so awful, how can you even post this?

PLEASE PLEASE stop posting things about dogs being slaughterd and used for meat. It is so awful, how can you even post this? Please post things to STOP THIS!!!!!

1422nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base