US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2424th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back the old yahoo group chat rooms!

Bring back the old yahoo group chat rooms! You can't meet anyone on Yahoo now!!

232nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please start a new group for older person's who love thier pet's and/or want a certain breed.

Pet's are sold for such high prices, and you don't really, don't realize that often just because they can afford it they may not be taking care and giving them the love they need. Adopting and doing local adoption or even seeing and buying and checking out the buyer's etc. might be a better idea. WE love our animals and want everyone to have one if they are going to give them a real home.

2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Take away limit for posts in the group please!!!

Take away limit for posts in the group please!!! It's just so stupid to have limit for posts in the group per day, ain't it was made for people to talk there???

851st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. the layout of the messages are not very good anymore. I long time ago you use to post replies indented under the original reply

instead of listing messages in a linear time frame which makes finding replies to a given message impossible

I suggest you order only original messages by date and indent the replies under the original message

like this

We are having a rocket launch this week end who is coming -- John

I am coming -- David

I am coming and bringing my new Restu Rocket -- Tom

I think we should try for an optional launch site on west side -- Warren
    There is a new motor I am curious about called a hybrid -- Larry

this format works better…

2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Houston Area Organic Interests - is being spammed with ads of a ****** nature. How to stop this?

Houston Area Organic Interests - is being spammed with ads of a ****** nature. How to stop this?

2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show time of posts and not only date

Messages (list and specific messages) used to show time of posting and not only date of posting that took place in the past (earlier than today).
    One of the groups I am a member of has 50-100 posts / day, and it is very important to see the time of day of posting and not only the date.
    Not sure why you had removed it? it makes reading experience poor IMO.

391st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Messages emailed but not appearing on group page.

I was getting emails about posts on my group. When I went to my group, the posts were NOT THERE. I could see the intended post in my email.

1137th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How come classified files exchanged through messages in a private groups are easily accessible and downloadable via Google??

I found out that anyone can download a classified file sent as attachment of a message of our PRIVATE group by searching some of its content via Google!!
    Yahoogroups was suposed to keep our files saved. Instead, it keeps a copy of the file at xa.yimg.com and anyone can access the file.
    Absurd!!

2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Purge or hide groups reduce to spam traps

It's completely understandable that Yahoo would want to try to sue spammers for messages posted in the various groups, so Yahoo should at least hide groups until they're done with their lawsuits.

Otherwise, groups reduced to spam traps are likely abandoned by their owners and members and should thus be deleted.

554th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello Yahoo?...could you please fix the pending status problem, thankyou?...L.

Yahoo...could you please fix the Pending Status Problem - pages loading whilst working on my messages, which removes the work I am doing before Sending It.
    This has been fixed twice before - I have had at least two days of this now...thankyou for addressing this at your earliest convenience...also, there are no ads to the right of the Pending Status Box page...did you remove them? or is there another problem there? L.

703rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Work from home group messages are all ****!

Work from home group messages are titles!! My daughter and son are both college students. They were looking for some information and all they could see in these work at home groups was , , !!!

2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why is it that we now cannot copy and past any of our archived information.

Please return the option to copy and paste, and READ our archived information.

471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Read message from groups

Why has it become necessary to open a message in a new tab to read it??? If I click on the title of a message, it's because I want to read it right there like I always could before!

1599th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. more of the same, yahoo...can you not get this fixed, once and for all? please! again, problem with page loading & removing my work in pend.

Yahoo...same problem again - which anoop fixed weeks ago, and it was also fixed about a week or two ago, again...that is...page loading/or ad change and removing my work in pending status area...very frustrating...not good for health...please fix this issue, once and for all, thankyou...plus, I haven't checked foto albums, to see if one can send...will do that sometime tonight or as soon as possible.
    l.

851st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How can I make my group messages public - AGAIN?

When the group was setup, it was setup so that anyone - whether they were a member of the group or not - could read the messages of the group. This helped people to decide whether they wanted to maybe JOIN the group or not.

I need the ability to set the permissions back to that, but from what I am hearing from people who are members but are not logged in, that is not currently the settings of my group.

Thanks.

433rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What's the deal here? I keep trying to post but it never appears.

I've attempted to post here several times the last week but my post never comes up.

2424th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. conversations are looped back when you replace your annoying adds on the right

please correct this annoying problem and delete those ugly advertisings. Some are so annoying that I log out.

318th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base