US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Promotion of Members to Moderator or Owner not working

I am not sure if this is related to the recent changes in Yahoo Groups, but I am noticing that while I am able to promote someone who is in an existing Moderator role to Owner, I have been unable to promote anyone from the Member role to either Moderator or Owner.

I have attempted these changes on several group members in multiple groups which I own and moderater, with identical results in each group.

When I attempt to do so, I am receiving an error message:

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

233rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alllow us to MODERATE postings again... PLEASE!!!!

You have removed the ability to MODERATE posts. That means that we again have people posting OFF-TOPIC messages and SPAM.

The whole point of a MODERATED GROUP is to be able to MODERATE it!

146th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cant approve/see messages ?

Cant approve/see pending messages ?

197th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yahoo Groups Files Feature went away, but Monthly Reminders are still being automatically generated and there is no way to edit them.

With the recent changes to Yahoo Groups, I know that the Files feature went away. Yet the three monthly notifications that we had set up as REMINDER features are still being automatically generated on either the last day of the month or the first. Those reminders need to be edited from time to time to remove outdated information and add new info. However, as far as I can tell, there is no way to edit these notifications.

Also, I am not sure if this should be a separate topic, but I am noticing that while I was able to promote…

1040th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Moderation commands ???

You destroyed all the moderation commands at the same time as what made groups interesting.
    Today if you do not restore them, my 6 moderate groups are dead .... (more than 4400 members)
    In addition you do not read your "help" section where hundreds of moderators have already pointed it out to you and ask for help!

251st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I need help to get a list of all email addresses in a Yahoo group that I am the owner so that I can move them to another site

I am a list owner of the kmtd-kh2 yahoo group. I would like to get a list of all members' email addresses so I can move them to another mailing group site.

Or if there is an automatic way to transfer all members, please let me know.

My email address is: thong_ly@yahoo.com

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Change the group cover image..." has NOT been implemented in code! Do you honestly care?

"Change the group cover image..." has NOT been implemented in code. IDEA: Implement it already! You come off as having a bad attitude toward your users.

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I am an administrator of a group and cannot get in to handle pending memberships or anything else. There is no Management icon to click.

If you have made it so I cannot administrate my group anymore, there is no management icon, in fact my page now invites me to join the group. Why would you not just shut down the groups in total once and for all? Why have you done it this half assed way that is so confusing and pointless?

2169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You have removed management functions in Yahoo Groups. I cannot now CLOSE my Group/s. You guys are truly crazy.

You have removed management functions in Yahoo Groups. I cannot now CLOSE my Group/s. You guys are truly crazy. You suck seriously. So arrogant. So slopppy. Just useless. See the upcoming articles about your demise in NY Times

see Management > Control Panel > About > Feedback

478th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. How do we assign moderator role to a member in Yahoo group?

Our group owner tried everything to assign a moderator role to someone, but ended up always with errors. Why and how can we assign a role to a member?

5260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Give us back the ability to control whose posts must be moderrated.

There used to be a setting whereby we could moderat eindividual members or the group as a whole. I don't see either one anymore. Please stop breaking features that have been around forever and put this back. every thime you change something you break even more. Just stop it.

861st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Monthly emails still being sent?

My YahooGroup sends a monthly email that includes a PDF attachment that lived in the Files section. Yahoo is still sending that email with that attachment, though we no longer have access to the Files section, and I need to edit that file to remove citation of the (now removed) digest option. Help!

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Coronavirus

All poeple wearing metals, remove extra electricity in our bodies, discharge electricity regations to the body, avoiding Coronavirus attack? Let us back life normal, kill the bad scientist's and developer's in our society.

5260th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. we want to make our group to "only moderates can post"

please give us the option to change group settings to "only moderates can post" .. now group members are posting reply to group email and they are replying to each other to group email and all the messages goes to every member in the group and my inbox is filled with that. thank you

these are our groups with "members can post" setting and now it is useless
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TreeShadow/info
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/IndiaPosters/info
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Indian-Domination/info
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/desiblue/info

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When I try to add a moderator I get the error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content." in a purple bar at the bottom...

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content. When i try to add a moderator .. how do i fix this?

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As DoubleIdentityAndPurpouseodISKCN Owner, I am wondering how my site piture was replaced, and of the process that chose this new picture.

Hello... I am wondering how my site piture was replaced, and of the process that chose this new picture.

I would also like to know how I can put back the sites original picture that I have saved from the site?

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i am rhinoramanan and had applied for back up of my group rhinoveterans@yahoogroups.com. did not get .zip as informed pl send

i have not got my .zip file for my group . i am the admin
    rhinoveterans@yahoogroups.com
    i had applied for the data in sept oct 2019
    please send me my back up data and contents
    blessing
    briadier v ramanan

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Scheduled Emails??

05/01/20 I cannot see any way whatsoever to cut out an email I used to have sent regularly from my group. None of the Control Panel options allow me to See OR Edit any of my old scheduled emails so I cannot turn off the old scheduled email that no longer applies to how the group notifications are able to be turned off. I need to be able to access my scheduled emails to control what is being sent or have the ability to turn them off. Please reinstate this administrative functionality!

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Migrate my Yahoo Groups list to Groups.io

Is there any way to migrate my Yahoo Groups list to Groups.io? Thanks!

2471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base