US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve workflow for unmoderating members in "Moderated for new members" groups

To help prevent spam, many groups are set to "Moderated for new members". But when members show they are real and do a good post, it is a lot of work to unmoderate them.

When moderating posts on a "Moderated for new members" group, it would be a HUGE workflow improvement if there was a single click option to approve a post and at the same time switch that member to "Default Group Policy"

Otherwise as you approve moderated posts, you need to perform 8 steps to switch them and then get to the next post to approve.

1) copy…

20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    20 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Search

Group Search

Suggest that someone please make a decision. . . . !
    You have tried to fix the search engine now for 2 years after " NEO " screwed it up. IT is not fixed . . . . BUT . . . is getting Worse.

Suggestions::
    1) Scrap it and start all over again.
    2) Scrap it and use Google's.

It really is a shame because the Y! search engine was the model search program I started using in 1997/ 98. It steadily improved until MARCH 2013.

It is a lot easier to search the Yahoo data base…

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. give us back the Direct Add for new members!

Even a very limited version (one or two a day) would be better than none. BTW, the Invite function is virtually useless.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I found "customer care" totally unhelpful. No replies to my question in Community. And "contact us" doesn't let me contact an actual person.

The "Contact us" icon shows a picture of a woman with a headset, implying that there is an actual person waiting to help us. Instead, there is just a chain of options, none of which addressed my actual issue, which leads to a dead-end with nowhere else to turn for help. I posted on Community but no replies, probably because my issue is rather unusual. I need someone to access my computer remotely to see what the problem is.

32nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Your Customer Care Service Needs Fixed

Wherever it is located to be able to provide you with an email about an issue it needs to be shown in a 'very' obvious place. I get a pull down menu with your 800 number that every time I have called I have been disconnected :( I click online assistance and it does not address the problem and there is no icon to allow for sending an email for assistance.

93rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 111th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. my groups

I cannot find my groups anymore. I am in at least 4 or 5 of them but can only connect to one of them now. What happened to My Groups Page? Where can I get to all my groups from one place?

114th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shut down fetishy groups sharing copyrighted works.

Shut down groups that aren't family friendly, that are fetish based and sharing copyrighted works.

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/slippy_high_heels

172nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get the ads out of our message posts on the groups pg. Let the admins turn this stuff off. You are ruining what was a very effective tool

The new Yahoo groups is pathetic. Come on folks, there are thousands of users and most of us are sick of the new promote. These are not improvements. I have heard multiple complaints about the new interface. This is not progress. Stop trying to be like Google and go back to the prior code. If you want to upgrade, any decent bunch of engineers can port the software to new hardware and maintain the capability. Do not list YOUR ads within our messages. Give us the option to turn off the ads. You can make $ in other ways.

193rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Being hurt by showing other groups I'm a member of in right margin of forum page. Not to see my political affliations.

Being hurt by showing other groups I'm a member of other Groups in right margin of forum page. How can I end showing my political Groups on the "About" page? Gary Smith

207th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it easier to get to "Groups," both on PC and definitely on mobile devices.

"Groups" used to appear on the mini-nav bar at the top of the Yahoo Home page. Now I have to click "more" and find it in a list of tons of other products. It is virtually impossible to find Groups on my mobile phone.

224th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. It would be great if there was a place or link added so members can find out on their own if they are moderated.

I would like to see a way that members could check within their own membership if they are moderated. In the old Yahoo we could do that when posting a message from the message area.

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In light of soooo many changes to Yahoo Groups, will Yahoo publish a moderators/administrator's manual?

Maybe it should be called a Yahoo Group management manual instead.

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Yahoo really knows how to hide Groups! In My Yahoo pages, they are only under More links.

Groups is well hidden! I really have to look for my Groups! Is this a new game? Sometimes it's hidden under More. I guess having to go into the office every day hasn't helped that much. Maybe if all Yahoo staff stayed home - forever!

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Spam - Too many groups have SPAM

Many groups are not responsive to certain members posting JUNK.
    Sometimes group moderators are not to be found.
    Yahoo needs to make it possible to remove members or police some groups.

243rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You have exceeded your daily quota for this operation !

We are not daily quota exceeded 08/08 and 07/08 but system are said same message
    You have exceeded your daily quota for this operation !
    How is possible, the system are every time are said many wrong message ı hate it you are changing system but system are not work, older system are very good, but this system very badly work

258th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring back so a member or owner can put a person or themselves on traditional settings.

Either let the member or the owners put a person on traditional settings for they way it's done now isn't working for I have a member who has been on default even though they have repeatedly sent what they are suppose to to get on traditional settings. This is a pain

294th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow members to flag group files as spam

Even if it means the moderator must respond to it, members are unable to delete spam file (and messages, for that matter), let alone flag bogus files left by spammers.

294th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Get this Stupid Side Bar OFF of My Group Page!!!! I cannot even SEE all the way across my group page so that I can manage it properly!

Get this Stupid Side Bar OFF of My Group Page!!!! I cannot even SEE all the way across my group page so that I can manage it properly!

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base