US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete full folder

I would like to be able to delete a full folder without having to go in and delete each file in the folder individually first. It is very time consuming to do it this way. As owner of the group and folder I would like to be able to delete the full folder.

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      7 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Will Yahoo Groups Survive?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard Yahoo is getting rid of things like Food, Travel, and others, will Yahoo Groups survive? I've been here since 2007 and I don't want to leave and I don't want Yahoo Groups to disappear.

117th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        8 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow Polls to be created on MOBILE devices

You cannot create a Poll in a group from an IPHONE or IPAD. Please allow Groups to be completely mobile compatible. 65% of our group uses a mobile device and expects Yahoo! groups to be as easy to use as facebook groups. There are little things and glitches like this on the yahoo! mobile versions that really limit a user's experience and create frustration for group owners. please fix.

133rd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Groups photo on About Page The abilty to change the image is gone again..Please Restore

This function has disappeared again.. there is no way for owners/moderators to change the photo Please restore it . thank you

133rd ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            7 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Please Upgrade to the previous version of groups.

This Neo garbage is totally worthless and is killing our forums. No one visits them anymore and no new members ever show up anymore. Groups are now completely dysfunctional and is driving everyone to Facebook groups. :(
            Please roll back to the working version and fire the neophytes that created this disaster.

149th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • The current "Ellen Degeneres" ad is DISGUSTING! We need the ability to report offensive ads.

I don't mind Yahoo offering advertisements, but the one of a woman supposed to be Ellen Degeneres crying, is DISGUSTING! and OFFENSIVE! and we need a way to give feedback to Yahoo when an ad is obvious lies or obviously offensive to humanity.

The woman in the ad is NOT Ellen Degeneres, in spite of the fact that they found someone who could be made to look much like Ellen. I find the ad INSULTING and DISGUSTING... and I will not click to follow it even to complain to them as they don't give a flip about the people looking…

149th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 189th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • 189th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Database - search (+ special letters)

It seems like the search possibility in the Database not are working. I was planning to fix some of the errors in the table myself, but it didn´t work for any search.
                    I have waited about 2-3 years for that the issue with special letters should be fixed, and it seems like it is - more or less - but still in our Database there are some issue. (This problem started long before NEO in another update).
                    I thought I should fix it myself and tried to seach the letter -ř - to change it to the correct one. This…

201st ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Every time I go to my yahoo groups sites, I have to reselect the "slim" view that shows all the posts in a group.

If I select the "slim view" at my group site, I would like it to remain on slim view until I change it. Every time I go to my sites, the "slim" view is gone. I select it for one site and it disappears as soon as I go to another group site. How can I make it stay on "slim view" for my conversations?

217th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • The world is in desperate need of an app for Yahoo Groups! PLEASE HURRY!

A user friendly interface that lets you post, view posts (including access to files) and notifies you of updates on the group would be incredibly useful. My school uses the service to post assignments and notices very frequently. The app would certainly make things a lot easier for everyone! Hoping to see some speedy deliverance! :)

253rd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • I am not sure if our group is listed in the right area (for when people browse groups)

How can I figure out if our group is listed under the right category?

285th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • bring back the chatrooms bring back the old yahoo it was better

yahoo is boreing not like it was years ago it needs to be like it use to be more chatrooms more games

285th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • database tables are scrambled. each line wraps around to the next line please fix

we have to sign up to be in a swap with our information and when new person adds their name it runs down into the next line and it does that through the entire table...thanks

285th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Bring the private chat room, with text/cam/audio back the yahoo group experience

The idea of acebook is still useful but getting old. I love the idea of a yahoo chat room w text/cam/audio - when it was private it was good.

325th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • there are no returns in the text files created in the files section

When creating a new document in the files section, a .txt file is created, but the hard returns that appear when entering the text, disappear once the file is saved.

This prevents members from reading the files: lines are hundreds of signs long, and the editing disappears.

325th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Restore to owners ability to edit WHEN files should be shared with Group Members

We have a small prayer group, and SINCE 2001 - our group has shared new Daily Devotions every month! In times past, we were able to "edit" the times when we wanted our Daily Devotions files to be shared with members. For example, during September and October, we would like to share the September and October files with members every two weeks, plus once a month. HOWEVER, once September and October had passed - in times past, we were able to EDIT the schedule for releasing the files and move on to November and December. We would no longer need…

361st ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Sort the Files, Links and Photos alphabetically, so members can find things.

Sort the Files, Links and Photos alphabetically, so members can find things. New members and members who aren't web- or computer-savvy don't find the sort order option under Actions, and constantly ask for help finding things they've been referred to. Even if they figure out how to change the sort to alpha, it keeps changing back. This is the kind of thing that's reduced our active membership to a small fraction of what it was before the Neo-Groups disaster.

436th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Stop censoring groups

Still waiting for Yahoo to stop censoring groups. You people continually force homosexuality on us, yet Yahoo! acts like some kind of freaking moral police with the groups. If I can't have any freedom on Yahoo!, then I don't want to see your depraved deviant homosexuality. Is that not fair?

436th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • New My Yahoo vs deletion of My Groups from e-mail page

I really like the new "My Yahoo" page -- cleaner layout, very easy to find my groups. navigate to email, etc.

On any given Group page, I still have the helpful left sidebar listing all my groups. (This was a great innovation -- I participate more often in all my groups!)

HOWEVER, once I am inside my e-mail account, both "Groups" and "My Yahoo" appear to have been deleted from the top banner task bar. I can find no way on my e-mail page to navigate back to MyYahoo or to my Groups.

The new MyYahoo page is such a…

436th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base