US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Will you please bring back the ability to search within a single group?

The old format allowed one to search within a group for keywords. The new format only allows one to either search ALL groups, or by post #. *Please* bring back the old search capability!

485th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New My Yahoo vs deletion of My Groups from e-mail page

I really like the new "My Yahoo" page -- cleaner layout, very easy to find my groups. navigate to email, etc.

On any given Group page, I still have the helpful left sidebar listing all my groups. (This was a great innovation -- I participate more often in all my groups!)

HOWEVER, once I am inside my e-mail account, both "Groups" and "My Yahoo" appear to have been deleted from the top banner task bar. I can find no way on my e-mail page to navigate back to MyYahoo or to my Groups.

The new MyYahoo page is such a…

485th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't ask for people's phone numbers so they can sign up. There is no need for it, it is personal data and unnescessary.

Sign up details, no need to ask for a phone number. That is none of Yahoo's business. Email address, name and password is all you need.

1469th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Get rid of offensive ad on our page

We are a vegan/animal rights group & there is a "living social" ad featuring pork ribs (otherwise known as dead pig) on our page. It's ludicrous.

1469th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please Upgrade to the previous version of groups.

This Neo garbage is totally worthless and is killing our forums. No one visits them anymore and no new members ever show up anymore. Groups are now completely dysfunctional and is driving everyone to Facebook groups. :(
    Please roll back to the working version and fire the neophytes that created this disaster.

173rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. you need to have a section for the "boomers", the over 55 crowd.

you need to have a section on Yahoo for the boomers, all of us over 55.

1469th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Database - search (+ special letters)

It seems like the search possibility in the Database not are working. I was planning to fix some of the errors in the table myself, but it didn´t work for any search.
    I have waited about 2-3 years for that the issue with special letters should be fixed, and it seems like it is - more or less - but still in our Database there are some issue. (This problem started long before NEO in another update).
    I thought I should fix it myself and tried to seach the letter -ř - to change it to the correct one. This…

222nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Poll results should be visible while the poll is still active, and also have a print option.

We shouldn't have to go to the little numbers off to the sides of poll options to see who voted for what. Also it would be nice to print off the poll and the results.

1469th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like Automatic "Alphabetical" sorting of files to be the default setting...please.

I would like Automatic "Alphabetical" sorting of files to be the default setting...please. I used to be this way. Now I must manually change to alphabetical each time I use a folder. Perhaps this could be an option in settings?

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It needs to be easier to close groups of deceased members items that need to be removed and the pictures are irratating when there are whole

every moderator should review their group page every 4 months to keep active and current there are multiple deceased group pages of members that need to be removed this needs to be better and I am tired of the whole pages filled with adult pictures or rude discrimination sexist pics that do not need to be available on any group page there needs to be a pic cap 3 or 4 per group every moderator needs to update every 4 months to keep current or discontinue pics in the groups pages all together they are irritating and pointless and need…

1469th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. there are no returns in the text files created in the files section

When creating a new document in the files section, a .txt file is created, but the hard returns that appear when entering the text, disappear once the file is saved.

This prevents members from reading the files: lines are hundreds of signs long, and the editing disappears.

358th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. database tables are scrambled. each line wraps around to the next line please fix

we have to sign up to be in a swap with our information and when new person adds their name it runs down into the next line and it does that through the entire table...thanks

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. need a category for friendship groups ...not looking for relationships

would like na category not families or relationships
    we are a group for women but do not know what categor to place it in we are just a group of friends

642nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop censoring groups

Still waiting for Yahoo to stop censoring groups. You people continually force homosexuality on us, yet Yahoo! acts like some kind of freaking moral police with the groups. If I can't have any freedom on Yahoo!, then I don't want to see your depraved deviant homosexuality. Is that not fair?

485th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. polls need ranked choice voting with automated run off - - also not clear what button to press to "submit" a poll vote

polls need ranked choice voting with automated run off - - also not clear what button to press to "submit" a poll vote

642nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. groupe parisien de Freecycle !

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/freecycleparis/info
    Au bas de la page il y a deux liens vers "Freecycle" et ou "Odechet"
    Il semble renvoyer sur un site litigieux ou suspect.
    Merci de votree attention.

1469th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restore to owners ability to edit WHEN files should be shared with Group Members

We have a small prayer group, and SINCE 2001 - our group has shared new Daily Devotions every month! In times past, we were able to "edit" the times when we wanted our Daily Devotions files to be shared with members. For example, during September and October, we would like to share the September and October files with members every two weeks, plus once a month. HOWEVER, once September and October had passed - in times past, we were able to EDIT the schedule for releasing the files and move on to November and December. We would no longer need…

400th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 588th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Panel size adjustments have been changed November 7, 2014. Why?

Before Yahoo Neo I had the ability to adjust the panel listing my emails in my inbox or any folder to a minimum of two [2] which left a decent size viewing panel to read my messages below. With the advent of Yahoo Neo and all the unnecessary changes, I could only change the messages to a minimum of four [4]. While annoying having less space, I could still enjoy reading my messages in the space of the panel below. As of November 7, 2014, I find that this feature had been changed AGAIN! I do not like this change.…

932nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am not sure if our group is listed in the right area (for when people browse groups)

How can I figure out if our group is listed under the right category?

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base