US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How about improving this forum by allowing us to vote AGAINST an idea?

I'm completely serious.

Too often we see a "new feature" request posted by some noob who has no idea how Groups function.

It's great that we can vote for good ideas (not that Yahoo really pays much attention to what users want), but we also need to be able to vote AGAINST bad ideas.

This would give Yahoo a much better understanding of which ideas the community actually supports and which ideas have a small group of avid supporters but are opposed by far more people.

959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 - create the ability to add photos / jpeg images or gifs

add the ablty to be more pctorial by adding mages that can be seen even in thumb=nail size at least

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please give the option of a weekly digest

please give the option of a weekly digest, daily digest is way too **** many & the only other options are special notices only or no email. Which is fine for some of my groups, but there are others that I do want notices just not a notice every day, i don't get to my email all that much and so it sucks when i do and there a 50 messages just from one group. seriously. Also I want to complain about you calling a suggestion completed and closing the voting when you've done nothing to address the problem. I…

494th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use pop-up div to view messages

When viewing messages on the groups site: Every time you click on a message to read it, then go back to the message list, the list scrolls to the top. Then you have to scroll and reload all the messages to find your place. This is a big problem for active groups.

This is such an easy problem to fix. Just open a pop-up div to view messages. Then when you close it the original message list remains intact.

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. YAHOO: For all articles with a Comment Section: Please REPLACE the HEART with THUMBS-UP & THUMBS-DOWN

YAHOO: For all articles with a Comment Section: Please REPLACE the HEART with THUMBS-UP & THUMBS-DOWN

959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. turn the back round from bright white to a less eye searing grey would be nice

a way to turn the background from bright white to a less eye searing grey would be nice

959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Expand threads fully - preference setting, or just do it by default

Reading threads in Yahoo groups is just hard work. Every time I look at one, I have to expand it, in about three stages, to make it look like a normal forum thread, before I can read it.

Just expand the whole thng, like in a forum. If you really must have this collapsed view as an option, make it a user setting (Gear icon), so we have the choice.

The way things work at the moment is just exhausting. It puts me off coming here to read anything.

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. conversations archive request

Sort of a "catch up" option, where a owner or a mod can send a request to the list and trigger a command where they then get all the posts to the list since the list began, or specify a message number to start from.....messages come in then at either 1 at a time, or in a compressed archive in .eml or txt format.

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Go back to having thumbnails of links to youtube videos in emails

Or even better, allow members to watch youtube videos while in the messages archive without going back and forth to Youtube

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. why you captcha every time? Why can't you use a Automatic OTP Number?

it is very painful to type the captcha every time? why can't use an automatic otp verification system as it works far more better than captcha?

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to LEAVE groups on Manage Groups Page

The current method to leave a group is way too CUMBERSOME!!! ***SIX*** STEPS!!!! It is NOT the "quick and painless" that your pages claim.

1. Go to the group page
    2. Click the "Membership" drop-down
    3. Select "Edit Membership" in this droup down
    4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page
    5. Click "Leave Group" on the dialog that gets displayed
    6. Click the "Leave" button

SIX STEPS!!!

On the "Manage Groups" page itself, there should be a "Leave" button next to each group. Better, there should be a checkbox next to each group and a…

959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Moderators to insert/add subscriber's full names when missing in list

We have a number of people that did not add first and last name as they subscribed, Seems impossible to get them to go in and modify their account and add the name information. PLEASE allow moderator/owner to edit and add the name to the record..

Otherwise, we have to maintain TWO list.

959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please create an Android mobile app for Yahoo Groups, including the Group calendar.

Cannot find any Android app for Yahoo Groups. Using browser on Android, the Group calendar is unavailable. Having full functionality for Groups on mobile devices would be very valuable.

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow muting of annoying overposting and obnoxious people

Allow muting of posts and people such as permitted on the ever growing 'neighborhood' site.

959th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a forward button for conversations.

Forwarding a conversation has obvious utility that is not now available.

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. favorite

What happened to the ability to set a particular conversation as a :favorite? That was on the NEO version for a while, and then disappeared????

1499th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give us the ability to opt out of yahoo groups!

I do not wish to be part of yahoo groups, i would like to opt out and think this needs to be an added option! Please remove me from groups ASAP or I will delete my yahoo account entirely and move to another email service. This spam mail is ridiculous, it's been frequently complained about it seems, and I've never even looked at any groups much less signed up for any emails. Yet here i am being flooded with emails about erectile disfunction, ***** enhancement, etc. Nothing i have tried has stopped the emails!

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add Esperanto to the list of languages

or just a general "a conlang" to cover klingon, ido, interlingua and the elf languages in the same sweep

658th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base