US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2290th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. banner

Rotating Banner Displayed - how about adding a feature that pulls images from a group photo album for use on the banner on a rotation in the same manner as many screen savers today simply "point" to a folder full of images? This seems like an easy, quick enhancement that leverages already existing functionality for the most part...and one in Windoze for decades now. Yes, that was an insult. ;-)

541st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a comment and a suggestion....I take it that why my group email says restricted on at the beginning its for legal purposes I

I'm with many adult groups but the photos at the beginning have different content than what the group is about...why not just put the theme photos of that group only and not the other stuff.

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need Moderator Functions

I moderate a group of non-techie senior citizens who can't manage setting up yahoo IDs, so they join our yahoogroup as email-only users. I need to be able to do the following as a moderator:
    - change a member's email address
    - add or change a display name for a member of the group

357th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I am in Yahoogroups.com website if I accidently move cursor over the word "Mail" it forces me to read email even I don't want.

When I am in Yahoogroups.com website, if I accidently move my cursor over the word "Mail", it pots up a list of my emails and I cannot do nothing but to click the link "Go to Mail" even that I don't want to read email, I login to Yahoogroups.com just to do my moderating works, why (kind of) force me to read mail ? Please change this feature so that: If I want to read mail when I am in Yahoogroups.com webpage, I have to CLICK the word "Mail", if I move my cursor over the word "Mail", please don't…

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, I am not sure whether you have been thinking about this. It would be good if in the membership setting, a member can add a new member.

Hi, I am not sure whether you have been thinking about this. It would be good if in the membership setting, a member can add new members [of course through a final approval from the moderator if moderated].

It would be good also if you can add the facility to recommend a member to be banned.

2105th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ads

stop the moving ads in your articles. You're a breath away from losing me as a viewer

1097th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move message to different group

I have several very specific groups related to each other. Some of the same people belong to multiple groups. They are constantly posting messages to the wrong group. As they share good info, just to the wrong group, I want to be able to move those messages to the appropriate group both during the moderation phase (if moderated) and after the message is posted (if not moderated or I make a mistake or simply change my mind later).

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Relating about how to preview one's weapons bring into a school door? I suggest to set up an automatic checking alarm at each entrance!

There were so many terrible murder cases appeared in the world, especially in the USA. Why there is no better way to preview someone has carried powerful weapons successfully go through the school entrances?

I suggest each school should set up some protecting systems can find out or preview the terrible killing .cases may occur shortly later!

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. receive our own posts via email

For those of us who participate via email (not your website) please stop blocking us from receiving our own posts. For many years this has been an issue. I discovered that if I used gmail address you didn't sent my own posts, but you allowed to others. We should just be able to post via email and get our post delivered to our computer's email (Mail.app or Outlook, for example.) [If it helps you to know, I had a yahoo email but I it had errors and you provided no way to fix it.]

1097th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add feature to export Groups messages to a suitable format for phpbb3 forum.

Please add feature to export Groups messages to a suitable format for phpbb3 forum.

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why not add, to all the buttons, where a Reply is going?

There are three reply buttons in our forum and nothing to let me know about where it goes.

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. groups mark all as read

Mark all messages as read in groups

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add a "submit" button to Polls

Without a "save" or "submit" button no feedback is offered about whether the vote has been accepted or not. Also needed is clarification on whether email-only members may take part in answering a Poll.

1097th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a submit button to Poll answer selection!

The missing submit button is a source of profound confusion when members answer a Poll question.

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Group logo appearance in the header or the footer section of group messages

I am owner and moderator of a Yahoo Group for about 10 years as one of my personal social responsibility project. Name of my group is riskyonetimi and my group has more than 12.000 members. This year group members designed a logo for my group specific to our group activities. I wonder, could it be possible to insert our group logo in group messages so that our group logo could be appeared in each one of group messages distributed to members, either in the header or the footer section of messages?
    Best wishes
    Hilal

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1. Add a reset button for undoing changes. Can't reset room to public.

I goofed and saved my group as restricted, and can't put it back to public. It needs to be easier for people to join group.

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. be able to mute

Be able to mute discussions and/or people. The neighborhood site does it to perfection. The person who runs our magnolia greens site has no idea how to implement anything.

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base