US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is there any way we can rescue this site from the grips of the **** spammers?

Can the site be renamed and a new one started taking with the old one selected members only?

282nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest you provide group owners and members with technical support when something is not working on your end.

None of my posts to my group have gone through since Friday. When I notify yahoo they tell me they don't provide group support to check out the forums. There are people in the forums with the same problem who are not getting any help we need from yahoo. I have been a member and co-owner of this group for over ten years and never had a problem. All the sudden my emails to the group are being sent back to me. I am receiving all group mail. I am still an owner and can go to the site. I…

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Concerned that I will not be able to use groups

I understand the need for security online (and elsewhere). However I am concerned about the requests for a mobile number. Today when I clicked on not providing same now, it told me I had to. I clicked again and it did not tell me so again.

Believe it or not, not everyone has a cell phone. I have no need for one and do not have one. I am concerned that one day I will be refused access to my yahoo account as I can not provide a cell phone number.

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Receiving spam from multiple groups.

I have never signed up for any Yahoo Group but I am received spam from multiple groups. Please tell me how to resign from Yahoo Groups. I can't log in to do this because I've never created a login, so I don't know how to get in and change settings, preferences, etc. Is there a way to just resign from Groups, or select to not receive any emails from any groups without logging in?

378th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Need someone to contact

we need someone to actually contact that will give us feedback. Very frustrating.

378th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calendar stop sending reminders

Hi yahoo support. Our group calendar stops sending reminders. Please fix. Thank you.

1fam@yahoogroups.com

420th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Help contact page refuses to submit my query without a valid email address ... but has nowhere to enter the address

Help contact page refuses to submit my query without a valid email address ... but has nowhere to enter the address.
    The query is...
    I've changed my email address in my profile to mike.white.ie@gmail.com, but "updates in your groups" messages still go to my old (unwanted) email address at michaelwhite@eircom.net. All routine group messages from all my subscribed groups are properly directed! The group name below is the latest example of misdirection.
    merg

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What Support? There is no support, because Yahoo does not care about its customers.

What Support? There is no support, because Yahoo does not care about its customers. Never has - never will. Good that they fired the last CEO in 2016. She was a real idiot!

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Maybe provide a means to contact a real person to resolve my problem rather than a message board that provides no help whatsoever?

You don't provide a help line, or an e-mail to customers so they can find out what the heck is going on. I an numerous other customers are left in the dark regarding why there is a problem, or what is being done to correct it, or an estimated time when the problem is going to be solved. This is frustrating.

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SPAM flood!

I've had to unsubscribe from a dozen low-traffic groups because they've been flooding me with spam lately. Hope someone can stop this.

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is apparently impossible to contact Yahoo Customer Care?

I have been trying to change my primary email address, as the provider for the address currently listed has ceased providing an email service. I've added alternatives but the system will not accept a change of primary email. So now I'm trying to contact Yahoo Customer Care hoping they might assist but it seems to be impossible to actually contact them all there is seems to FAQ's and help articles. If they do actually exist then the contact routes for them ought to be more obvious than this.

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. unable to post photos again.

I have not been able to post any photos to my group that last few days. Please fix!!!

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. actually unscubscribe me when i hit unsubscribe in my email.

I have been asked to be unsubscribed for the past month. I have continued to get emails. I have hit unsubscribe from email multiple times but I keep received emails from you and I no longer want them.

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can't post any messages. There is a problem.

I posted four times today and nothing appears in the Conversations. Is there a bug?

446th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. xa.yimg.com

I am curious as to how my private yahoo group file ended up being publicly searchable. I have read the comments in Yahoo Answers and all you do is say that you will take the file down, but there is no explanation as to how the file was made public in the first place. I am now very skeptical about posting anything secure in the group. Please let me know how and why yahoo makes private files public. Thank you.

The file I need deleted asap is http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/25345313/794199837/name/Three

529th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Somehow our group owner was deleted because of inactivity; there is no way to add new moderators and no way to contact Yahoo staff directly!

How about a link to an actual helpdesk email?

BTW, Y!Groups has been getting worse on a regular basis. Almost unusable IMO.

529th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Owners died and I want to take the groups

I had a friend who died of diabetes and her husband moved on an left the net and doesn't want anything to do with her groups is the last and final msg i got. I have no address to get in touch. I would love to take over her groups and have them keep running. But at this point there are a few people who are spamming her group. All groups where there is no owner any more should be shut down or let someone else take over

529th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base