US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Paragraph Breaks - still an issue

While the line/paragraph breaks issue is better than it was with regard to posting messages, there is still a concatenation of the first and second paragraphs for me. I'm currently using Firefox, but also use Safari and have had this problem with both browsers.

Please help us separate all paragraphs in our text, not just those that fall after the first two.

557th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove INACTIVE groups from the directory as a default

The Yahoo Groups directory is FULL of groups that have had NO ACTIVITY for well over a year. As a default, these groups should not appear when searching for a group by keyword. I suggest adding a link or checkbox to "Include inactive groups in search", but by default they should not show up, since they are unlikely to be a useful group anymore.

280th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. delay overnight updates

Delay daily digest to be sent at a reasonable hour, not the stupid 3 AM.

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set the time of day for daily digest receipt

Why do the daily digests come in at 3 AM. It wakes me up. I need my phone on for things that I actually have to respond to in the middle of the night, but the daily digest isn't one of them.

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add sort newest to oldest on membership list and retain that setting after list closes

Add an option to sort the membership list so newest members are at the top AND RETAIN THAT SETTING rather than have to click Joined every time I need to find the newest members of the group

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View and Sort preferences

We made enhancements in membership settings to set view and sort preferences in different section of your Yahoo Groups. Have you tried it ? Share your feedback with us.

See more details on our blog post:

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/91846095941/control-your-view-and-sort-preferences

5188th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A member I invited to my group has the wrong name because she was using a computer that was already logged on to the group by someone else.

I need to change the name of someone in my group who was inadvertently registered under my name but her email address. What do I do?

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 557th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When using groups in the past three days trying to search conversations, I get the error when I hit search "Polls Feature is Not Enabled".

When using groups in the past three days trying to search conversations, I get the error when I hit search "Polls Feature is Not Enabled".

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In trying to reply to messages when you type a letter the whole message disappears!

I have several new messages tonight that came in without a message for approval. When I try to respond to some of the messages as soon as I start to type the response the whole message just goes away. I tired several times to start a new message telling people about the problem but can't get past the topic description line anything else and the page disappears.

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. "Loading" never stops..

Help - "loading" never stops...

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bonjour assez de lire (désolé une erreur s'est produite dans le chargement nous iremédions) mais vous ne remédiez rien du tout

Il me semble que ces vous qui devez avoir des idées pour l'amélioration Je suis depuis longtemp chez Yahoo mais depuis un bon moment cela ne va plus alors adieu yahoo?
    Domage, cordialement

1140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Plse fix Search Groups button on the top of the groups page.

I just tried a search and got the message: "You need to be a moderator to perform this action.

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When is the edit feature in the management suite finally going to function??

Since the last upgrade, the editing of group member's post has been impossible. The option is there, but at error "
    Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content." appears whenever edits are attempted.

Members simply 'reply' to messages and so the messages become longer and longer until they reach 1,000 or more lines. I used to cut off the trailing text and type SNIP!! to remind members to cut off trailing text.

This has been impossible since the last Yahoo! upgrade, a couple of years ago.

I have 7 Yahoo! groups with 7,500 members.

Facebook works flawlessly. I have…

2154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All conversations and posted reference materials have been deleted all the way back to 2008! Only left is photo's. I called you services!

All conversations and posted reference materials have been deleted all the way back to 2008! Only left is photo's. I called you services and nothing yet has been done. Were talking about 6 years of work gone! Was this suppose to be of help to the group? And before you start to point finger, I am the owner and only moderator!

2437th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I keep getting this error message and it does not fix itself after 24 hours Exceded daily limit for joining groups

I keep getting the same error message Exceeded daily limit for joining groups and it will not go away

435th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base