US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Odd issues with email-only member

I've been experimenting with adding members using the "email only" checkbox on the Invite page, to show folks that it can be done, that they don't have to be "bothered with" getting a Yahoo ID (their words, not mine). I created a brand new email address (elsewhere) for myself (let's call it "him"), then as moderator, added that new email, and everything worked as I'd expected.

Until...

1. While logged in as moderator, I clicked the "About" menu, and it showed I was logged in as "him" with email only privileges. Huh??? I was still able to access everything else as…

1604th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Issue of approving applicants

Hi,

I run two groups in Yahoo the Stay Dry Bedwetting group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/staydry/ establishes in 8-2005 and staydry-discussion : StayDry Bedwetting Parent Discussion Grp http://groups.yahoo.com/group/staydry-discussion/

I have a hard time approving members because I cannot see applicants profile to see if the meet group policy . So I have to have them copy their profile and email it to me to see if they are complying. However, most don’t either they don’t want to or don’t know how to send it to me. So since the change in Yahoo I have approved very few members.

Moderators should at least have…

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The events link is not (and had not) been working so I am unable to update or access the calendar for the group.

The events link is not (and had not) been working so I am unable to update or access the calendar for the group. All the other options in the drop down list work, but events (the calendar) is grayed out. ???

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change single event out of a repetition

Sometimes it happens that you want to change the date and/or time of an event, that is an item of a series of regular events. E.g. you have a regular meeting every first mondy in a month. But in May there is a bank holiday, so the meeting should be postponed to tuesday.
    Right now, this is not possible, without affecting all the other events of that series.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Files scheduled to go to members when they join are not going out.

We have a file scheduled to go out to members when they apply for membership. There are questions they need to return before we approve membership. The file does not go out until the membership is approved. We need the file to go out when they apply! Please. Applies to several groups.

859th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Message Formatting AGAIN

I brought this up on Aug. 14, and it was marked as completed on Aug. 20th, after being ranked 9th. The problem is NOT solved.

The Problem here is that with the new NEO format, on both the mobile version AND the desktop version, any message typed into the form provided on the Yahoo! website will have its paragraph breaks deleted when the message is posted.

Sometimes only some breaks are deleted, sometimes all of them are deleted - generating a big lump of unreadable text from greeting to signature.

The point of the forum is communication. This new system…

635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I can't access the database in my yahoo groups. This site is horrible

I can't access the database that I need right now. I have no option to go to full website either

2163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. So - what have you done now? My group's calendar has reset itself to Greenwich Mean Time

Why can't you just leave things that were fixed alone? Now I've had to reset the calendar AGAIN ... AND send a notice to members that the event time showing in their emails is incorrect and need to look at the time zone ... or else people will be showing up at 3:00 for an event that ENDS at 3. I'm SOOO sick of this nonsense!

1604th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide an easier way to contact you for assistance.

Since your latest change, our time zone is not correctly set on our calendar and events page. I've repeatedly updated it and it does not get saved or corrected.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. how come i can't get the Manage Group to work...i am a owner and need that..only shows the first 10

how come when I go into Manage Group and it comes up they only show the first 10 and not all the groups ...I want to change from
    Individual to NO Mail/S.N and so forth and cannot get to all my groups to do that.......I am a owner and want to know what is going on
    thank you

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why can't I copy and paste old postings into a fresh word document?

Please allow to copy parts of old postings into Word so we can create a document that only has the minimum information required?
    Or allow a post to be re-emailedto yourself?

1144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 859th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Your raritan valley group is misusing their rights as moderators

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RaritanValleyNeighbors. This group hasa mod Vouvou something who harasses people she dislikes, and complains about things that other members are doing but only complains that you are not them. Yahoo groups isn't for drama

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. FIX IT! Can't access my group, can't register back to it with a new id.

FIX IT! Can't access my 11 years old group, my id is now unknown to the system although I still get daily mails from my group. I can't register back to it with a new id. it's lame. I wasted lots of silly time.

2456th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Paragraph Breaks - still an issue

While the line/paragraph breaks issue is better than it was with regard to posting messages, there is still a concatenation of the first and second paragraphs for me. I'm currently using Firefox, but also use Safari and have had this problem with both browsers.

Please help us separate all paragraphs in our text, not just those that fall after the first two.

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove INACTIVE groups from the directory as a default

The Yahoo Groups directory is FULL of groups that have had NO ACTIVITY for well over a year. As a default, these groups should not appear when searching for a group by keyword. I suggest adding a link or checkbox to "Include inactive groups in search", but by default they should not show up, since they are unlikely to be a useful group anymore.

283rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 704th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. delay overnight updates

Delay daily digest to be sent at a reasonable hour, not the stupid 3 AM.

1604th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base