US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Will it ever be possible to have a signature line for Yahoo Groups ?

I have always wished there was a way to have a signature automatically appear in my posts in Groups like the option we have in email or in forums outside of yahoo.

2458th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get the ads out of our message posts on the groups pg. Let the admins turn this stuff off. You are ruining what was a very effective tool

The new Yahoo groups is pathetic. Come on folks, there are thousands of users and most of us are sick of the new promote. These are not improvements. I have heard multiple complaints about the new interface. This is not progress. Stop trying to be like Google and go back to the prior code. If you want to upgrade, any decent bunch of engineers can port the software to new hardware and maintain the capability. Do not list YOUR ads within our messages. Give us the option to turn off the ads. You can make $ in other ways.

285th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use 3 drop down times

Instead of the one drop down list with the half hour increments, use one drop down list for the hour, another for the minutes in 5 minute increments, and add another for the am or pm. It's a royal pain to have to try and override your time settings to get it to read 45 or 15.

860th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop screwing things up!

Everytime you touch the calendar, my event times get screwed up, and I usually loose the content. You need to thouroughly test everything before sending it out

258th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Put full color Adds in the picture slot!

Instead of the Picture slot for each Yahoo Group, put the adds in that spot instead of having them pop up in the conversations area. This gives them better attention, and everyone realizes that they are NOT spam. Presently, they look like spam, and who wants to buy from a spammer?!

1608th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove INACTIVE groups from the directory as a default

The Yahoo Groups directory is FULL of groups that have had NO ACTIVITY for well over a year. As a default, these groups should not appear when searching for a group by keyword. I suggest adding a link or checkbox to "Include inactive groups in search", but by default they should not show up, since they are unlikely to be a useful group anymore.

285th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Events calendar is back but . . . . reminder delivery is not.

Events Calendar has been glitching since you introduced the "You must choose at least one delivery option" with the two tick-boxes for E-Mail and Yahoo Messenger.

I wondered why our group was no longer getting Events reminders. Yahoo has wiped all my settings to deliver via E-mail, and will only accept a tick for delivery via Yahoo Messenger.

Since not all our members have Yahoo messenger, E-mail is the best option, but seems no longer allowed.

Could you PLEASE go back to Reminders as they were -- no need to tick delivery options. If we are marking Reminders, obviously we…

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. repair Events calendar

Too many of my groups members cannot access the Events calendar. They see a message that the moderator has not enabled their account to access Events, but I cannot see anything wrong with their details, and I cannot see any way to fix it.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Event reminders do not work

When event reminders are set, the email option checked and the edits saved, a later look shows that no option for the reminder is checked.

No reminders are going out for any group events.

189th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be great if there was a place or link added so members can find out on their own if they are moderated.

I would like to see a way that members could check within their own membership if they are moderated. In the old Yahoo we could do that when posting a message from the message area.

439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cant view pictures

i cant view photos in any of the groups and have adjusted my computer settings what else can i do

128th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There should be a group setting to limit the size of attached files

Our Freecycle Group allows attached photos. We have a policy limiting the size of attached photos in order to limit the impact on users on slow connections or reading it on mobile devices. Enforcing this manually is a real pain. We would like group settings to limit the size of a single attachment and to limit the cumulative size of all attachments to a single email or post. Post/emails exceeding these limits should be automatically rejected with a detailed message back to the sender indicating what the group limits are.

367th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The current "Ellen Degeneres" ad is DISGUSTING! We need the ability to report offensive ads.

I don't mind Yahoo offering advertisements, but the one of a woman supposed to be Ellen Degeneres crying, is DISGUSTING! and OFFENSIVE! and we need a way to give feedback to Yahoo when an ad is obvious lies or obviously offensive to humanity.

The woman in the ad is NOT Ellen Degeneres, in spite of the fact that they found someone who could be made to look much like Ellen. I find the ad INSULTING and DISGUSTING... and I will not click to follow it even to complain to them as they don't give a flip about the people looking…

272nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Internet Explorer blocked [Yahoo Groups] from displaying content with security certificate errors

Getting this error on the main page of my group, and throughout Yahoo Groups: "Internet Explorer blocked this site website from displaying content with security certificate errors"

285th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. UNDO "From" Line Changes

W/in the last 24 hours, Yahoo has changed the "From" line in group posts to include the group name. This:

Lengthens the line so it wraps
    Duplicates what is already in the "Subject" field

Undo this change.

233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove the ATT advertisement from the PHOTOs section so we can SEE the photos.

Remove the ATT advertisement from the PHOTOS section so we can
    SEE THE PHOTOS that members have posted instead of ATT
    advertisement!

249th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. not getting emails from a few days

not getting mails. kindly send aain.

285th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. photo albums still don't work correctly. cannot sort or view in any reseasonable order.

Photo albums need to be user friendly. They are useless in their present form. Cannot sort or view in any fashion but by pure random order. No helpful

JV

298th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Archives are invaluable for nature groups like birds or butterflies. If I want to see what butterflies were seen in May 2006 I want to be ab

When searching archives I want to see a page of reports like it was in the past. For example, if I want to see what butterflies were seen in May 2007 I can just select the topics regarding sightings and not bother with the ones on taxonomy, ethics, etc.

272nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out…

5th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  268 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 260 261 262 264 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base