Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Yahoo! Groups are important to communities! Please Ensure Long Term Sustainability.

With all the news in the media about changes at Yahoo! I wanted to start a feedback item here so that all of us who depend on and love Yahoo! Groups can let Yahoo! know how important this product is to so many. Please help our communities, many of which have been thriving on Groups for so many years to remain sustainable. So many Groups help people in every day life stay connected and informed on crucial subject matters. Please let Yahoo! know how important this product is and to please guarantee it's continued sustainability. Please vote! Thank you!

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

382 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo Groups used to be great! We have been running our choir using the product for 13 years, but the last 2 or 3 have been hard work because of the increasingly flaky nature of many of the features. All of the bits used to work, but now I can't even upload a small file even though I've got 99% of my apparently allocated space left to use. Please, please Yahoo tell us what is going on. Even if it's a decision to close Groups down - with 6 months notice minimum please so we can manage an orderly exit. Doing nothing about all these problems is not an option.

• a4est4mea4est4me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had to update and I was a group owner. I guess I will never be able to see my photo files

• James LaBarreJames LaBarre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the Groups are important, you should sell them off to some company with minimal level of competence. I think Toys-R-Us seem to have the minimal level of corporate incompetence these days.

I would save whatever is in the Files and Photos sections just in case. Remember when MSN had groups?

• ShalShal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've no reason to believe that any employee of Yahoo has read this UserVoice forum in the last year or longer. I'm surprised they're still paying UserVoice to keep it open (assuming that they are).

You may have better luck here:
        https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Groups/bd-p/Groups
        (but I wouldn't bet on it)

• laynalayna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY CAN'T I POST MY NEWSTORIES ON MY GROUP - I AM THE MODERATOR...Thankyou...KINDLY, could you respond to me, what the issue is!!!
        This is now going on 4 days...I had a brief respite yesterday, when I was able to post 20...then, it went on the fritz again...could we get this PROBLEM FIXED ONCE & FOR ALL, PLEASE!
        L.

How, pray tell, can we give you any good report, when the Groups are not working, due to posting issues? It's an utter mess right now...Please show your Moderators a measure of respect by responding to their cries for assistance, Thankyou!...L.

WHEN IS YAHOO GROUPS GOING TO FIX THE POSTING PROBLEMS? - CAN'T POST ANYTHING...RED MESSAGE STATING 'COULD NOT SEND MESSAGE'...This is Very Frustrating...my work is piling up, I'm not well, physically & I have had no response except a purple title bar last night saying 'daily quota exceeded' - what does that mean? I had not been able to post more than 6 messages as Moderator for my Group for 2 days!...Please fix this problem - which started Maintenance night...Thankyou, L.

AND, why am I out of votes as an 8 year+ Moderator - I work on my Group every day without fail with 99+ new stories per month...;)L.

PARDON?!?...Could you please FIX THE POSTING AND UPLOAD PROBLEMS, WHICH ARE STILL NOT WORKING, SINCE THE MAINTENANCE THE OTHER NIGHT!!!...Work is piling up for MODERATORS and this is atrocious...
        It appeared repaired tonight, after 24 hours of no posting ability...now, it's down AGAIN!...PLEASE GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED, THANKYOU ;)L.

what ever you did in the past few weeks change it back. cannot find what i am looking for and have tried so many different ways. i hate new systems when they dont show progress.

I agree completely with the original poster and the others who have shared comments. It is world wide and indispensable on so many levels to all people who belong to these lists and those who benefit from those lists provided and managed by many dedicated human beings who do this without the expectation of any monetary compensation. Thank you to each and every list owner and all members who contribute so much invaluable help to so many. Verizon, PLEASE let these groups continue to live and be productive to the many. Don't even consider discontinuing them until you have all taken the time to participate and learn just how these lists work and how they benefit so many all over the world. Thank you.

• Jim BarnesJim Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new to internet. I don't have people to show me how to get messages I've got close but could use help in circleville Ohio

• StanHopiStanHopi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

855-777-1707 is apparently not Yahoo Cust Care, but is a scam line to get you to divulge your personal data. Use caution, please.

• Suzanne McCartneySuzanne McCartney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several hobbies and a business that depend on Yahoo Groups to communicate. It would be devastating to have to find another option.

• David ADavid A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo!Groups has a very large user community who depend on it, often to provide very important services. When decisions are made on it's future, please consider this.

The web interface needs to modified in *quite small* ways so that it is more attractive to users than using non-Yahoo email products. This obviously was not the case immediately after the introduction of Neo. However, based on evidence from provided by Yahoo on this and other Yahoo forums, Yahoo was working diligently in this direction until roughly October 2014, just when they were getting close, serious development seemed to have stopped. There is still time to leverage the tremendous, revenue-earning potential of the product!

• WilliamWilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is just too much riding on having group announcement/communications and their history available to even consider going without. FB just isn't the same or even close, at all.

• BathoBatho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attach a thumb up and thumb down to every separate message and include a distinct group list.
        Thank u.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

Feedback and Knowledge Base