Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Unable to upload files

When I try to upload files to the Files section of the groups, I get a purple bar that reads, "An error occurred when trying to upload this content." This has happened on and off for months. What is the error, exactly? The files are not too large, and there's plenty of space on the groups. This time I waited 24 hours before trying again, but the problem is still there. This is very annoying.

Similarly, on and off I get an error when trying to delete files. Why hasn't this been fixed?

The problems exist in both Firefox and Chrome. I even tried IE, but it doesn't appear to work with Groups files at all.

22nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    KristinaKristina shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank RotzingerFrank Rotzinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        We have the same problem in my group. We cannot uploading files to our groups.

Yahoo support team, please fix this problem.
        Best regards,
        Frank

• Juan M. MelendezJuan M. Melendez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABOUT TWO MONTHS WITH THIS PROBLEM YAHOO GROUPS? STILL NOT RESOLVING THE PROBLEM?! CANNOT STAND THOSE STUPID DUMBASSES AT YAHOO GROUPS WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT NOTHING, THEY DON'T ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTIONS AND DO NOT RESPOND TO ANYTHING, BS!!!

The guys at YAHOO GROUPS are downright INCOMPETENT! THEY DON'T CARE AND THEY CANNOT FIX EVEN A SIMPLE PROBLEM! WHERE THE **** ARE YOU, NO RESPONSE, DO YOU EVEN CARE, ARE YOU LISTENING, DO YOU HEAR ME? ***** YAHOO, WORST SITE PUTTING NO EFFORT AT ALL, THEY SUCK AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also experiencing this problem. I am unable to update my group's homepage or upload any photos. The purple bar with the error message comes up each time. I just attempted to upload photos and the upload bar sat there frozen and never uploaded the pictures. Not even the purple error bar this time. Just nothing. This has occurred for a few days. I thought it was my browser but now I see others are having this problem on several different problems which means it's just Yahoo. YAHOO FIX THIS !!! ARE YOU MAKING ANY EFFORT AT ALL ?

• Rick HobbsRick Hobbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't attach photos to my posts or change my group photo right now. And I know it's at Yahoo's end because I get the same results with my phone as I do with my home computer. What really annoys me is that there is no direct contact information where these matters can be addressed and resolved. HEY, YOU PONY-TAILED GEEKS! THIS MEANS YOU!

WHEN WILL You FIX THIS PROBLEM YAHOO AND DO YOU EVEN CARE? YAHOO ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, MORE ACCOUNTS WILL BE SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF THIS, DISASTROUS!

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't upload any files all over again. been like it for a month

Bottom line is YAHOO keeps screwing up all the time! Facebook is way better, period. GET THIS PROBLEM FIXED NOW, NOTMLATER OR ELSE MORE YAHOO ACCOUNTS WILL CLOSE! I HATE IT, LITERALLY!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem started again this morning, 11/2/16!! Can't upload files once again.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous and an ongoing problem for what seems like years. Such a simple software issue with many glitches, you would think that the software engineers would be able to fix it in their sleep. No files can be uploaded and you do constantly get the purple line with the usual message trouble loading the content. FIX IT. Nothing tried works on our end because it is on Yahoo's end.

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - files are only rtf and about 300KB in size. It started intermittently last month, but is now permanent.....same error message as you. The delete files function still works, as Yahoo fixed that some years ago, but it seems to be creeping back again with other people. I've tried two browsers and two different windows platforms. I've disabled the antivirus software in case of a conflict, but to no avail. As several other groups are having similar problems, it's most likely something at the Yahoo end.

• Helmut SennewaldHelmut Sennewald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        We have the same problem in my groups LTspice, LTspiceFiles, LTspiceDocs.
        Uploading files to these groups is impossible at least since Saturday.

Yahoo support team,
        Please fix this problem.
        Best regards,
        Helmut

• StargazerStargazer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this exact same problem. It is seriously affecting the usefulness of our group and needs to be fixed asap.

Feedback and Knowledge Base