Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

can no longer add an e-mail address

The link to add a new e-mail address is missing! The help describes it as being in the Identity section but it is not there anymore. Please put it back.

87th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ChristyChristy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can not delete the old emails i dont use anymore. and i can not put in new one... please put it back...

• ChisChis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't Yahoo fix this problem? You cannot change or add an email address - ridiculous!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't remove one of the e-mail address in a group I created nor add a new e-mial address either. Please advise.

• Cathy BowenCathy Bowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The link to add a new e-mail address is missing! The help describes it as being in the Identity section but it is not there anymore. Please put it back.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. A member of my group wants to change her e-mail address because her current one becomes invalid very soon and we cannot find a way to ADD ANOTHER E-MAIL ADDRESS. Please sort this as it seems to be an on-going problem!

• Arsenio JimenezArsenio Jimenez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the moderator and I tried many times to add new members by inviting them through their email addresses. It says 'successful' but the invite never get to the email of the persons invited. Also once when I emailed our group the email went to an unknown group.

• Hilary HodgsonHilary Hodgson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

27.2.2017 Still no way of changing your email. I am also a group owner and moderator and can't change my email address.I tried the link Peter Walker gave below, but I was still unable to change the address I receive messages on in the group. What is going on at Yahoo?

• Jenny AndersenJenny Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the sake of the internet god (whichever one you worship), PLEASE FIX THIS. I need to change the email address on 2 of my groups.

• Barbara DaileyBarbara Dailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see Joe Keliher's comment is dated just today, Jan. 28, 2017. Does this mean there has been no response to all reports of this issue? Does anyone have an idea of HOW to change one's own email address?? from: Barbara Dailey (comment of 1/17)

• Joe KeliherJoe Keliher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the same problem - the screen for "Edit My Membership - Identity - Edit Settings" no longer has an "Add New Email" button, or any other way for a member to change their OWN email address. The YahooGroups Help page titled "Change your personal email address in a Group"still says "Click "Add New Email" (that does not exist)

Rover's comment is misplaced as it refers to a completely different issue -- the long discontinued option for Moderators to directly add new members to a group.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please fix this! I am a group moderator and cannot change my own new e-mail! Help! I really need this fixed!

• Barbara DaileyBarbara Dailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There IS NO "Add New Email Address" choice to be found in the "Edit Settings" portion of IDENTITY SECTION as we are told to "click on it and Save". It is not to be found anywhere, nor is it possible to CHANGE the wrong (obsolete) email address showing there. It will not erase, and there is no provision for CHANGING IT! Please provide the method for changing one's email address! My group's postings are sent to me at my email address below, WHICH NEEDS TO BE CHANGED PROMPTLY!

• RoverRover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The option to ADD new members was discontinued years ago. As a compensation, you can send an invite with the "add to mailing list" box checked. that way people can join without having a yahoo-ID

Feedback and Knowledge Base