Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Our Yahoo Group (BCCSENIORS) is not receiving emails from anyone in our group. How to fix that?

I am the moderator of our Yahoo Group (BCCSENIORS). Since yesterday, our group is not receiving emails from anyone in our group. Consequently, no one is being notified about information about our group. How do I fix that?

34th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Laura Wolszon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People in group can no longer receive emails sent via group address. They appear in the "sent" folder, but don't appear to get sent.

• Laura Wolszon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People can no longer receive group emails, nor reply to them. They appear in the "sent" folder, but they never get sent.

• sue brearley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem on two groups for me. Any email I try to send bounces back after 24 hours with this error message:
    "lost connection with fo-mx-groups.mail.am0.yahoodns.net[98.138.113.36] while sending end of data"
    Why is there no way of reporting a problem to Yahoo?

• Lynette Dumble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing is happening for the past 3 days to the group (GSN) which I founded in 1998 and have moderated for the past 20 years. As with (BCCSENIORS), our group is not receiving emails from anyone within our group. How can I fix this? To say this problem is frustrating is a gross understatement! Please urgently advise

• Chris Maltby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's some sort of Yahoo configuration bug. The message I am getting from the Yahoo server is:

"Connected to 98.138.113.36 but connection died. Possible duplicate! (#4.4.2)"

Duplicate what? Just fix it please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I belong to 3 Yahoo groups and all of them are having problems sending and receiving messages. The posts don't appear or some appear after several hours or days.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am admin for a very small private yahoo group and I have not been able to successfully post since at least last Saturday and I have been posting to my Group on a regular bi-weekly basis for probably 5 years or more now, continuously.... One of 5 messages got through after a 2 day delay, but there's no signs of any others getting to the Group AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY, there are no signs that YAHOO is acknowledging the problem we are all having OR that they have any interest in solving it... If you, Yahoo, have no further interest in Yahoo Groups, COME OUT AND SAY IT! Don't leave us all up in the air wondering whether or not we have to find a new host for our groups! The lack of willingness to supply support for your Yahoo Groups ought to be an embarrassment to you, but apparently even that amount of pride in your product has now disappeared from your company.

• suhaib nashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my group was started 18 yrs ago and has more than 3 thousand members. since last month the Group has stopped working properly. It stops for few days and start again and stops for a three or four days ans starts again. With stop I mean no one can send or receive any emails including me the moderator. I could not get any support what so ever and all those in the help community have similar problem . We really need support and resolution. I trust Yahoo will do it , I think Yahoo is one of the best companies .

• Bob Rogaski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am moderator of group KP61 which since yesterday is is not posting messages from members and there is no way that I know of how to speak,chat or email customer service about this problem. Any suggestions/

• Michael Waldbusser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the moderator of the DNA Networking Group. No Daily Digest emails are being sent out to our members for the last 10 days to 2 weeks. There is no place to directly contact anyone at Yahoo through their "Help" system to ask a question of what is being done or how to fix it. Without this ability to contact our members, this Yahoo group is useless to us. YAHOO RESPOND OR FIX!

• isis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem in all of my many Yahoo Groups. Messages and digests are delayed for days, making it difficult to communicate time sensitive information, and have chronological discussions in real time. This has been going on for weeks. It's the same problem we have every single time that Yahoo has made changes to Yahoo Mail (as it's doing again now). All other services apparently get broken in the process. I couldn't even post to the 'Community Help Forum' today, because I got caught in a sign in loop, even though I was already signed into Yahoo, and it would not allow me to sign in, or post to the forum.

• Daryl Ouellette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we all thinking it is about time to move- Yahoo/Verizon isn't making any money off of us - so why support the groups. I'm looking at another site that has nothing to do with Yahoo or Verizon.

I'm a moderator and have the same problem of no emails getting through. Hard to have a group that can't talk to each other.

• Cyrus Malaowala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IS YAHOO LISTENING ????
    IS YAHOO READING ALL THESE COMMENTS ?
    IS YAHOO TECHNICAL TEAM DOING ANYTHING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?
    IS YAHOO ONLY WANT REVENUE FROM ADVERTISEMENTS THROUGH GROUP POSTINGS?
    IS YAHOO EMPLOYING UNEDUCATED TECHNICAL STAFF?
    IS YAHOO EVER CARING FOR THE OWNERS & MODERATORS OF THE GROUPS?

WE ARE SURE, YAHOO IS LAUGHING AT US ALL..AFTER READING THIS.!!!

• Robert Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the problem is occurring because of illegal aliens from the planet between Saturn and Neptune who have gone to work for Yahoo (see the meaning of 'Yahoo' from "Gulliver's Travels" by Jonathan Swift).

• Robert Karl Stonjek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time to move to Facebook or one of the other platforms. My 6 Yahoo! groups have 5,363 members (been around for 18 years on average), my 11 Facebook groups have 620,000 members (5 years on average), many of the groups were originally mirrors of my Yahoo! groups.

Yahoo! does not accept problems, you can only contact them about abuse so I used that facility...and it didn't work. The final step 'Create Request' button, does nothing, but after about 5 minutes the 'I'm not a Robot' box returns and you click it and wait another five minutes...

Looks like Yahoo! groups has died. Rumour has it that Yahoo! sold the groups side of things to Verizon: are they a byte disposal company?

• Ian Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My two Yahoo Groups have failed to process any postings for more than 24 hours. Is someone at Yahoo fixing this widespread problem?

• Borislav Toshev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the moderator of our Yahoo Group (Belogradchik). All the day the group is not receiving emails. I sent messages several times. However, in any case the answer was: There are no pending message requests. ??!!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base