Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Cannot edit calendar events

All of a sudden, No one can edit or delete the calendar events. I cannot edit or delete the Yahoo Group events / calendar even though I'm the owner of the group. I already tried changing the access to allow all members to view or edit the events AND it is still not working.

Please fix this defect / bug.

47th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
GDy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Dalgliesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrated with Yahoo. it has always been problematic and difficult to use, i this isn't corrected soon we will have to leave!

• sandy triplett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here - when the page first opens the edit section if visible on the right but then disappears quickly - too quickly to click on it. Please help!

• Greg Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same corporate unresponsiveness to a problem for the last year or so. I haven't had good access to my groups calendar for over a month now. This is the 3rd time in the last year. Heck, the help icon on the calendar page doesn't even work!

• Jean Brewer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jan 8 2018 Same here. I've done everything I can think of to
    remove deceased people and pets birthdays from the Calendar.
    Almost everyone has moved to Facebook, but not all. I'm concerned
    for yahoogroups.

• Erica Lowther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apparently, I am not alone in this issue! I cannot EDIT or DELETE any events and when you change the meeting location it is important to let ALL members know. Event reminders are now going out with the wrong information! I cannot see that support is helping at all or for that matter, I can't find a link to click for "support." When is this going to be fixed?!?

• Paul E Wieloszynski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only can I not edit my Calendar events, the event reminders are all going out a week earlier than scheduled.

PLEASE FIX!!!!

• David Sandbeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As owner/moderator of my group, I should be able to edit or delete all events on the event calendar, yet I cannot! Why is this? When will Yahoo fix this problem? I don't seem to be alone with this problem either! Is it too much to ask for a working calendar of events?

• Toby Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't add or edit calendar events. If this doesn't get fixed soon I'll have to move the group to Google. Their stuff works.

• Bill Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it seems that the time zones have changed as well as the inability to edit the calendar events. How do we fix this?

• Ivy Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need a fix to this. We've switched meeting locations, and need to update with the new information. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Steven Orr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My group has had the same issue for weeks now as well. Can't post, edit, and it doesn't even send out the reminders any more. The correct group calendar does seem to be hidden underneath the non-op one. When I first open the calendar the old one downloads just for a second, with the edit tab and the yellow highlights, then is immediately replaced with the useless one with no edit tab and a light blue highlight color. Do they just want us to go away, or are they looking for some money to activate the calendar?

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need to get our 2018 events uploaded to the Events Calendar -- not possible.
    There is no longer an "New event" button visible. (It looks like it is hiding just below the "Events" button).

I am the owner/moderator of the group I founded, so access privileges are not at issue.

Double-clicking on a calendar date used to bring up the title field for each event: this no longer works. It was also the fastest way to reach the input fields needed to add event information.

Clicking on the time in the page for a given date also used to bring up the window for adding event information. This no longer works.

So, in effect, the Yahoo Events Calendar is not functioning at all as it used to in earlier 2017. The Events Calendar is non-functional. Can someone please make this a priority fix?

The Events Calendar is a valuable (often essential) tool for Yahoo Groups.

• Ronald Rycek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm probably wasting my time, but I haven't been able to add or edit events in the group calendar for over a week now, and I'm the owner of the group.

• Manalapan Television commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too cannot access the calendar and it happens all the time. This time it's been weeks.
    If they can't fix the problem there is no point to even having a group.

• Terri Bailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did not have access to the calendar last week and this week I am unable to edit. THis is the time of year where I put the information for the next 4 months in the calendar. Please fix this problem.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base