Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Unable to INVITE New Members

I am the owner of the Yahoo Group for C3GProjectManagement; have been for years. This week, I am not able to Invite new members. Please correct, ASAP, or tell me what has changed.

84th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Frank Hartman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Barbara Dailey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I learned in an email from a Yahoo official that Yahoo no longer "supports or controls" its Groups segment. I was told to inquire from "the Community" but no direction given for "who". Verizon does not support Yahoo Groups either, but issued only something titled "Oath" (re protocol for ALL of Yahoo's former business.) When our group's owner-moderator deceased in 2016, all members voted to continue without naming a new moderator... and now with no access to Yahoo's records remaining, there is no way for us even to 'manage' our own group, invite new members, etc. -- i.e., there is no central location where these things were kept on record, could be accessed, or updated. If anyone here has been similarly affected and has since learned a solution to keep our groups intact, would you please share it with our Groups community??

• sjaxs J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! Would someone working on these issues let know some kind of time-frame that we can use our email and run our groups as we did at time?? Members are looking to us for answers and we have none! :/

• Dixie Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been administrator since 2005. I am getting the same "error loading content" as all of you.
    As usual, Yahoo sucks on response. I am looking for another service to host my group. Maybe Google??

• Gaye Teague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem for me as group administrator - can't update a members email address and can't invite then to join again - very frustrating!

• teeitup too commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Problem has been going on for a month now.
    Multiple OS's, multiple Browsers, the error stays the same.

• Mary Shea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is no one dealing with this problem? "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content."
    To be unable to put in new members makes the email list unavailable and of no use. Are there other groups where I can get this service. I have been managing over 20 yahoo groups since 1998 and this is the first time I have been unable to use the invite function. Very serious problem!

• John Reape commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I am the Owner and Moderator of my group and cannot invite a new member. I get an error message in red also

• Kathleen Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem; the group I have moderated for years will not allow me to add new members. Same message in red "sorry, an error occurred while loading the content".....

• Arie Heuvinck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem. Error message ("Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content") appears when I invite new members.

• Mats OSSA Nyberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same problem. Can't invite new members.
    "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content"
    Is there anyone working on the problem?

• Ernie Motz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem as noted. Suddenly, as administrator of our group, I can't invite new members into our group. Get the message in red: "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content". FIX THIS problem please.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base