Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Offer proper support to Yahoo Groups

Lots of people are having problems with Yahoo Groups and no proper support is offered. Please rectify this.

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kate Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

354 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Romeo Juliet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is Yahoo Groups currently experiencing an outage? I'm an administrator of a group and I cannot receive or send any messages....please look into this!!

• Don Pottenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo groups just keeps getting worse and worse. the calendar is totally unusable at this point. Reminders have not gone our for about a year now and I just updated the main group information page and it is not formatted to fill the space on the front page instead it is just a long skinny column and looks ugly. In addition our cover photo is just a grey block updating the cover photo does not work at all.
    Maybe it's time that Yahoo just shut down the service as there is NO support whatsoever. So getting something fixed never happens.
    Yahoo, you should be ashamed to have allowed this product to deteriorate to such a piece of junk.
    I've suggested in the past you offer a tiered support structure. I'd pay to be able to talk to a support person about these problems but that is not even a choice.
    Extremely disappointed in the "service".

• David N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We receive the error below when attempting to open/download attachments to messages in the group:

HTTP Status 500 - null
    type Status report

message null

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

HELP!!!!!

DavidN4SCA@gmail.com

• Chloe G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unfathomable that in 2018, people cannot unsubscribe with an 'Unsubscribe' button as opposed to being held subject to the whims of the moderator or faulty emails/servers or what have you. Yahoo is a Paleolithic cretinous ancient dinosaur of a service and I truly hope you bankrupt soon.

• Robert Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need support to do this simplest thing like unsubscribe. I have been trying to unsubscribe from a group (that I am no longer affiliated with) for two years. The unsubscribe feature on the mail list email takes me to a dead web page (error 404 Page Not Found) and when I manually try to unsubscribe (after many hours of searching) the result is that Yahoo says that I'm not subscribed but I am still receiving those unwanted email messages every day. The group moderators are clueless and they are now sending out even more email, which just fills my mailbox with a lot of clutter that I don't have time to clean out every day.

We really need support from Yahoo for these simplest of tasks.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Subscribe feature is not working and notifications from the group calendar are not going out. Help! Need someone responsive to reply.

• Kristin Gaytan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! Why isn't there a format to contact technical support for site issues? I can't invite members to join into our group any longer and the calendar function no longer works. Please fix these issues - they have been persistent for quite some time and really causing us a lot of trouble! There are a lot of people who still don't feel comfortable using facebook for groups and our email groups are still valuable for reaching this population.

• Mitchel Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My messages to groups that I moderate once-in-a-while go through, and most often these days (since a month ago or so) my messages do not post to the list. What's going on?

• Michael Morrissey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Never happen. Yahoo couldn't care less. All they want us for is to count the number of registered users so they can use that figure to sell ads. They don't care of their services work, or whether we can use them or not.

• Derek Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently unable to update any group meetings, and the notifications from group comments / emails etc is horrendously slow, taking days to be distributed. Please advise what is going on and why the current system has suddenly become unfit for purpose. If things are not fixed, we'll be moving to a different platform

• Ajit Antony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please wait for a few moments and try again. Error code:500
    OK

I am the owner and moderator of the Mearns Bird Club Yahoo group:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Mearnsbirdclub/events
    When I try to add an event to the calendar I get an error message, above. I had previously complained about this on 7/8/18 to no avail.
    I am unable to post any events, which we have weekly.

Previously I was able to enter information into the Events Calendar, though none of the events were being sent out as a reminder email to members. I had previously complained of this in January 2018 again with no response.

Ajit I Antony
    EA Mearns Bird Club Yahoo group

• Peter Rawbone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can access most of the information - not the events calendar a month or more ahead - via my PC but NOT via my iPad. It used to will you please fix it asap.

Does anyone know how to transfer all the data in our Yahoo group to Google Groups? We're seriously considering saying goodbye to Yahoo due to their apparent lack of interest.

• Edwn Sheldon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why Yahoo is losing. All their attention is focused on imitating what everybody else is doing. They ignore the things (like groups) that make them different and useful to their users.

• Emmanuel Anciaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not able to login to my Yahoo genealogy groups, what the **** is going on since weeks? Why can't we get an answer?!

• Lynn Mayes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of the upgrade? Why is there no information? Several of my albums and hundreds of photos posted between mid April to mid June disappeared in June and still have not come back since the upgrade. It's as though the group reset to a date in mid April but is still glitchy. What is going on?

• Mark Robbins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suggest everyone should get out now. Find an alternative. Clearly Yahoo groups will be left to a slow lingering death, anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

• Sarah Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't seem to post via email or on your website to my group. What is going on? Do I need to switch us to Google Groups?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base