Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Offer proper support to Yahoo Groups

Lots of people are having problems with Yahoo Groups and no proper support is offered. Please rectify this.

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kate Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

369 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One method of offering proper support would be to read the feedback. It seems to be a management ploy to allow us to let off steam and feel as if we are achieving something, while always ignoring the feedback. No fast-food chain would survive with that management attitude.

• terry henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started getting bounced messages yesterday attempting to reply to existing discussion threads for a Yahoo group I moderate. Curiously, new threads seem to go through, but replies to at least some existing threads immediately bounce with a "permanent error".

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* @yahoogroups.com

Reason: Permanent Error

That is because yahell never consults the feedback. The feature is here only to make us think that we are being heard: like swearing in adversity, or punching a pillow. We let off steam, feel better, and management continues like a bulldozer. Yahell wants us to defect to facebook, and will achieve that goal with a mixture of malice and incompetence.
    Believe that management means well when direct access is allowed.

Still waiting for the Yahoo Groups products team to tell us how they're fixing the bugs, give us a tool to let us report bugs, and in general show us a sign of life.

• Ajit Antony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the owner and moderator of the Mearns Bird Club Yahoo group:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Mearnsbirdclub/events
    When I enter calendar events they can now be entered into the site, where they couldn't be entered some months ago, but none of the calendar events are being sent out to members. This is been going on for months. It is now March 2019. Please fix it. I have to really send out emails to members regarding calendar events which is unnecessary.
    Ajit I Antony

Sun.10.3.19 test post: unchanged since 16.2. I endorse all of the comments in this thread, but arrogant yahell allows only 'flag as inapproriate', and not 'flag as highly appropriate'. It doesn't read anything from feedback anyhow. The whole section exists to help us spend our energy and feel as if we have achieved something.

It is a deliberate management strategy to scare us all away. The advertisers don't want us here either: they want us at more-productive locations.

• Daniel Poole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it looks yahoo it is not doing a **** thing to fix any thing you can't contact them at the help section really sux and is practically and totally useless.

• Tina Hamlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am part of a Yahoo Group and I cannot unsubscribe. Others in Group tell me to select Membership from top right once in Group, but I don't see this option. What am I mising?

The photo facility went down a few weeks ago, but was revived within days.
    Now it has gone down again today (Sunday 20 January 2019).
    What faith can anyone or any group place in yahell?
    To quote my aunt: 'Up and down more often than a prostitutes panties'.

• Romeo Juliet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is Yahoo Groups currently experiencing an outage? I'm an administrator of a group and I cannot receive or send any messages....please look into this!!

• Don Pottenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo groups just keeps getting worse and worse. the calendar is totally unusable at this point. Reminders have not gone our for about a year now and I just updated the main group information page and it is not formatted to fill the space on the front page instead it is just a long skinny column and looks ugly. In addition our cover photo is just a grey block updating the cover photo does not work at all.
    Maybe it's time that Yahoo just shut down the service as there is NO support whatsoever. So getting something fixed never happens.
    Yahoo, you should be ashamed to have allowed this product to deteriorate to such a piece of junk.
    I've suggested in the past you offer a tiered support structure. I'd pay to be able to talk to a support person about these problems but that is not even a choice.
    Extremely disappointed in the "service".

• David N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We receive the error below when attempting to open/download attachments to messages in the group:

HTTP Status 500 - null
    type Status report

message null

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

HELP!!!!!

DavidN4SCA@gmail.com

• Chloe G. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unfathomable that in 2018, people cannot unsubscribe with an 'Unsubscribe' button as opposed to being held subject to the whims of the moderator or faulty emails/servers or what have you. Yahoo is a Paleolithic cretinous ancient dinosaur of a service and I truly hope you bankrupt soon.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19

Feedback and Knowledge Base