Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Make moderators owners if they are the only part of management left.

Need some help, as 2 of the owners recently passed. The third was hacked while traveling abroad and can't get back in to manage the group. I have limited ability or power as the only moderator left. If I could make her new email, the owner I would. This would solve the problem as she can then make others owners and more moderators.

132nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dan Gallagher shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Oliver Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this is a problem. I am the "Senior Moderator" - an unofficial term - for a group of which the Owner has been inactive for many years, but fortunately before he dropped out he accorded me full rights (except actual ownership), so I have been able to create other Moderators. The only thing I can't do is to delete the Group, and I have no wish to do that.

But we are lucky; if it had not been for that forward planning, or that trust in the one Moderator that he created, we would be in a similar pickle.

• Robert Paynter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A group I'm the only moderator of, the owner is bouncing. We haven't corresponded for a while and the last message he said he was unwell - I suspect he has died. I'm in the UK and he's somewhere in the US, so it's not like I can call in - I don't know where.
    I'd like to pass on the list - to new "owners" who might revitalise it. - How?

Feedback and Knowledge Base