Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Is RSS Gone?

RSS on Groups has not worked for a few days now. Is it just temporarily broken, or have you decided to remove the feature? If you are permanently disabling RSS, it would be nice if you said so, so I wouldn't keep checking to see if it came back. Thanks.

39th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bryan HerbertBryan Herbert shared a merged idea: BRING BACK RSS  ·   · 
    hapunahapuna shared a merged idea: Please allow RSS feeds again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportProduct Support responded  · 

Hi John , The RSS feature was retired in July 2013.

- Yahoo! Groups Product Team

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShalShal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Carlos, if you want RSS feeds back you should open a new item that says so - I doubt that Yahoo bothers to read comments on closed items.

That said, this clearly should have been marked "Responded", not "Completed".

• DannDann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have some RSS or RSS-like feed of some of the yahoo groups I'm in in my "my yahoo" page, as I used to have. "My yahoo" was like a mini "google reader" before google reader. Now none exist anymore. I hate this post-facebook/tweetr era of the internet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absurd to me that I can see headlines on a huge variety of sites using RSS feeds on My.Yahoo, but, not from my own Yahoo Groups. How does that make any sense? Please bring back those RSS feeds.

• Rob FellowsRob Fellows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maddening.
        I may need to find an alternative service. RSS from our RSS group has been a feature of our community council website. Is there an explanation?

• hapunahapuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It certainly looks like everyone wants RSS feeds back. How so we get it done

• djdj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo has been my front page for many years.
        I hate to switch but since you have removed the RSS feeds, I may have to do that.
        I find it offensive that no notification was provided.
        Come on Yahoo.
        Get back to the customer service friendly site of before.

• GeoffGeoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Post are down with my groups due to no RSS feed feeding to the yahoo group page from websites there for Yahoo profits will be down as your ads are seen less, wiil have to move groups to other more friendly sites like face book if Yahoo groups do not give us what we need. I can put facebook feeds on my sites.
        Its up to you Yahoo give us what we want or 1000's of us will go

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my RSS feed back. Daily work with the new GUI only to check for new posts in my group is a PITA

• Leo KeilLeo Keil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Retiring the RSS feeds is not acceptable for the many who depend on them. The idea of changing Yahoo Groups is to add features and make Yahoo Groups better. You should not be removing features that worked well for years.

• VijayVijay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We certainly need it back, How do we request for RSS for groups ?

• KerryKerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would have been nice to know the feature was removed, I wouldn't have switched over to the new Yahoo. Just another reason the new version sucks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base