Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

We need to have back the home page photo capability...

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joye NeffJoye Neff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ellen schlossellen schloss shared a merged idea: allow us to change the cover page, also unable to view all our groups kif we wanted to make changes.  ·   · 
    sharishari shared a merged idea: Please change the homepage picture format size. The long rectangular banner does not work for many groups homepage photo.  ·   · 
    carbery nealcarbery neal shared a merged idea: you took my photo on the home page and put in something else, I have tried over and over to change the cover but it wont change.  ·   · 
    Janet PearceJanet Pearce shared a merged idea: The "change Cover" option does not work!!!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: As a moderator I am unable to post photos on our home page.  ·   · 
    RoryRory shared a merged idea: no point in having a picture!!  ·   · 
    Trudy NestorTrudy Nestor shared a merged idea: You need to understand the importance of the homepage photo. It is not just a logo photo for the group.  ·   · 
    The J3 Cub GroupThe J3 Cub Group shared a merged idea: It is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to allow us to display the photo that WE chose on our home page. Please reinstate this feature.  ·   · 
    Gloria LongamoreGloria Longamore shared a merged idea: Photos on Home page  ·   · 
    isisisis shared a merged idea: Bring back the old Groups format - nothing works properly in the new format - with list of defects and issues  ·   · 
    Josi IsaacJosi Isaac shared a merged idea: Other format is better for home page photos not this long rectangle...no one takes photos like that.  ·   · 
    rhysrhys shared a merged idea: Replace the home page photo facility as it was very popular in our group.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Do NOT like the "new" home picture format! Most oictures do NOT fit!!!  ·   · 
    sheilasheila shared a merged idea: I can't change the cover page for my Yahoo Groups site. wtf!???  ·   · 
    NancyNancy shared a merged idea: Shared Homepage Picture No Longer Works  ·   · 
    LILI shared a merged idea: Where are our cover photos we chose. Yours has nothing to do with my group.  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

The photo on the group homepage is back. Group owners can add, delete or change it via group settings. Read more on the product blog.

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/75580353805/your-group-homepage-photo-is-back

Marking this idea as complete.

We’ve introduced cover image per Group that can be customized by the group owner and moderator. We have default images that can be removed and your custom image added.

Move your mouse over the cover image and if you are the owner or moderator, you will see “Change cover image” button.

The Group image that was already submitted is preserved and not lost. It is used as a thumbnail, part of the search results and the listing of the group in the Groups directory. We will consider bringing this back on the “About Group” page.

579 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tom CurrieTom Currie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too bad the feature that they finally provided to replace the old home page photos DOES NOT WORK with the latest version of Internet Explorer.

I would expect such **** from Google - where all they care about is that it works with Chrome - but on Yahoo I would think that SOMEONE in their IT department would think to test their new "feature" with the current version of the most common browser in the world.

• DianneDianne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our cover photo is back, that's good, but blurry due to the size specifications. Help!

• John HyamJohn Hyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My forum oldtimespeedway has just been hit by the image change. It does still have the new Home Page photo straddled across the top and a 'restoration' of the original photo which was of a motorcycle rider with his trophies.
        The only trouble is the photo has now decapitated him. And something similar has happened on another motorcycle forum which show a headless man sitting on a motorcycle.
        Oh, "the wonders of Yahoo"!!
        speedstox12@yahoo.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Photo does not load!!!!!!

You need to change the homepage photo dimension to accommodate for different photo sizes not just 400 X 400 pixels!!!

• Mary GanguliMary Ganguli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not working; I have tried to replace the default photo with the desired one, and nothing happens.

Einstein is said to have had a favorite German word "Schlimmbesserung" meaning an improvement which makes things worse.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

perhaps give us the ability to resize a photo and move it left or right? A stripe out of ANY normally sized photo simply does not work!

Complete? Really?? Your instructions say..."...you can change the homepage photo by going to Management > Control Panel > About Group
        Well, I guess I got cheated. When I go to Management>Control Panel>About Group, there is nothing there relating to the photo. I tried the roll-over 'change' (on the photo Yahoo supplied), but our group photo is not the same dimensions as your very loooong header space. Didn't know how to resize our photo so it would fit. Sure would appreciate some help on this.

• Carol LinkCarol Link commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a Yahoo Group owner for a several groups & what Yahoo has done to Our Groups is not at all for the Better, it is Worse & We want the Original Format back We need Traditional format for Our Stationary to work so Please Replace Traditional & the Original format to yahoo groups now!

• E FrostickE Frostick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. Today, being unable to open any posts, I've had enough. I'm arranging to move my members to Google.

Yahoo is either incompetent or doesn't care.

• John HyamJohn Hyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well that's good news. What about restoration of the hyperlink facility to contact other forums?
        Yahoo! is the only major Server that lacks such an important means of contact for forums.
        Any support views to speedstox12@yahoo.com would be appreciated.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not impressed. Was this fix meant to say ... "See? Your 'header' pictures as seen in classic mode look terrible in our new improved neo format because they won't fit"
        We still need to have a panoramic photo to have a chance of fitting properly. There is NO way to load a normal sized photo and still be able to see it all.

• DC CorsoDC Corso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a crop function on that tool; currently, it just grabs a random part of the picture and it's usually going to be the wrong part. Soooooo...nice try, but this is not a completed task because IT DOESN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM. KTHXBAI

• Roslyn LambRoslyn Lamb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course, if these changes hadn't been made in the first place, none of these fixes would have been needed. We have endured the 'neo' groups with all their many, many faults for quite some time now, enough to get used to them...and many of us...me for one!...still hate them. Why such huge changes? Yahoo groups are an entity of their own, why try to emulate Facebook? it won't work and spoiled what we used to find perfectly fine! PLEASE DO NOT FOR ONE MINUTE EXPECT ME TO PRESS THE LIKE BUTTON!

• Jo AllanJo Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo what are you talking about? This doesn't work! I'm an owner and I'm still getting that long banner and tried to put up a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" picture and all I get is the middle of the image. Still the same old banner! Nothing has changed. tried to do what you suggest and it doesn't work! Either give better instructions or don't brag that you've changed it.

GAWD, I HATE YAHOO!!!!!
        My password has been cancelled. You want me to make another. Oooops, not enough letters, no upper case, no numbers, too much like previous, no part of name and on and on. By now I have exhausted every idea I think I can remember and it still won’t take it. Your form will not take this many letters... I guess that’s one way to shut people up.

theres one bright side to the new format. it couldn't get any worst, so in 6 months when they need something to do again they may accidentally improve it, LMAO!

• Mick WestMick West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly suggest Yahoo replace meaningless default images with plain grey or coloured panels...the fact that many groups don't bother changing to a customised photo probably indicates the members never look at the Group page and take messages by email.

Are Yahoo going to provide customization for the photo on the revised 'About' page which is arbitrarily cropped and looks weird

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The change image button that is claimed to be on the home page photo doesn't appear… I see that's a common thing.. Doesn't work on Mac OS 10.7.5 w/ Safari 6.1.1.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

Feedback and Knowledge Base