Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Automated scheduled messages are not being sent on some groups

I moderate a group where it is required that pending members provide information before they can be approved. I know there are numerous groups that require the same thing.

One of our groups is working as it should, but the other is showing no scheduled files. I have tried adding a new file as a Word document and that doesn't work either.

Please fix this and you will make me very happy.
Thank you,
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA

19th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Judy FaulknerJudy Faulkner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anne HardmanAnne Hardman shared a merged idea: Automatic messages not being sent  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Scheduled notification not available for pending member, none of them are working for me now in YahooGroups NEO  ·   · 

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same problem and it is incredibly frustrating! I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone from customer support, or even an email address to contact someone from support. Automatic notifications were working fine in my group, then I changed a file name and they stopped altogether. Even though we have two files marked to be sent out upon joining and every month, the files are not being sent out.

Please help! This issue is really changing my opinion of Yahoo and we will be looking into moving our very large group elsewhere.

As of April 4, this is still a problem. This should be an easy fix. Why hasn't it been resolved?

• PaulaPaula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of 2 April, still the same problem, Product Team. Please get this fixed!

As of 20 March, this is still a problem. You may verify by checking one of my groups, H-C.

• Marti LovejoyMarti Lovejoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a message schedule to go out on the first of each month. After seeing one of these issues closed, I was hoping it would go out March 1st, but alas - it did not. I have followed all the directions and everything looks as if it should be properly scheduled. Please fixed this.

• DebbieDebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As of today, 26 February 2014, the Yahoo Groups autosend notifications are STILL NOT WORKING! My autosend notification to pending members is located in a text file in my group's files area. There is still no option to have this file sent to pending members, the first option being "Upon Joining Group". When the Yahoo Groups NEO format was first rolled out back in October, it was possible to overcome this by editing the scheduled file once it arrived in the Notifications area where there IS an option to send it to pending members! Today I needed to amend my scheduled message to pending members and as a result it has completely gone from the Notifications area. I have tried for more than an hour to get it back without success. It is imperative that Yahoo fixes this problem because group owners and moderators of restricted groups need certain information (for security reasons, if nothing else) from pending members before they can be approved.

• ChrisrobChrisrob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In checking my automatic messages it suggests that it is no longer an option for a message to be sent when someone asks to join ... nor is a message sent when someone is rejected.

In both cases these messages listed information needed in order to join and the lack of this information is the biggest reason for rejections.

Interestingly the messages are still in our files but do not seem to still be sent. Automatic messages do go out for banned members or once they join ... but they will never get to that level without being told that they need to give us their information for approval in the first place.

Given that some of the automatic messages still go out ... it should be an easy fix to turn back on these two other automatic messages (wanting to join or rejected).

• CharliCharli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it's still a problem. NOTHING WORKS WITH NEO. Are you guys secretly working with Google to kill Yahoo??????

The group I manage is having this problem. The last time the scheduled message worked was October 1, 2013. It's supposed to go out the 1st of every month. Please contact for details.

As of February 22nd, it is still a problem in all of my groups. I am having to send the files manually, which takes up a tremendous amount of time.

For some members they are now being sent out.........BUT the files the new members are receiving are CORRUPT. They cannot be read. They are perfect in the files section but during the transfer into the notification section they get corrupted. Unreadable. Useless. Full of gibberish, symbols, format all screwed up. FIX IT! Do you have any competent software engineers? Do you have enough on staff to fix the worst format disaster ever seen on such a huge scale? There is NO excuse for letting this go on and escalating with more defects each time you fix one. It seems like no one knows or cares what is going on.

• msfree_modmsfree_mod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In august 2013 my group was moved to Neo. My group notices which were sent out "upon pending membership" did work sporadically, and DO show up in the proper category in Neo's notification area. After the Neo switch, I was alerted to the reply to owner email address being broken-members were getting an error when replying. Now for the past few months notifications upon pending membership are simply not sent out and I have to do it manually, every day. I recently re-confirmed with another group owner that they still aren't being sent out, as we both "test joined" each others group. I would really like this issue fixed! Its a major hassle.

• Judy FaulknerJudy Faulkner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a problem. My files are marked correctly and when I click on Membership/Control Panel/Notifications it shows No Files when there are numerous files with the designated option.
        I am still having to manually send out a note requesting required information prior to the member being approved.
        This needs to be sent up where the files that have the option 'Upon Joining Group' receives the file. They then return it with the information and if everything is there, I then approve the request.
        If the Upon Joining Group option will not do this, then reinstate the Upon Pending membership to do it.
        Do these files have to be saved in a certain format, i.e. PDF, plain text, etc.?
        The group name is sewitsforsale
        Feel free to contact me for additional information or clarification.
        Note: this is not happening to everyone, but more and more people on the user group seem to be having this problem.
        Please, please, please get it fixed.
        Thanks,
        Judy Faulkner
        SW Florida- USA

• ChuckChuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem has been with us for several months now, and there is no way to even directly contact anyone about it????? It used to work, but does not now (using the SAME note and scheduling as before? I replaced the note, and deleted the old one, and started over, but still does not work?

Help!

• Linda JewLinda Jew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This item is similar to the one ranked 738th - "The Saved Files in the file section to be auto-sent and transferred to the Notification section in the control panel is still not working!"

Either way, the auto send is not working.

• Linda JewLinda Jew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It still is a problem for my two groups. I have a reminder that is set up to go to new members and then once a month. I have yet to see the reminder on the group page or in my inbox as scheduled. I'm assuming that it is going out for new members since I tested it back in the summer. However, I have no way of knowing if the reminder is going out to new members on a consistent basis.

• FCownerFCowner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are experiencing problems with this same function as well as not seeing many people requesting to join. I understand that was an issue as well and it appears is also still going on.
        :(

• EdEd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a group that I try to schedule files and nothing shows in the Control Panel. I have another group that shows files scheduled but they never seem to send out.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base