Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Allow at least thumnails to be viewed in pending messages aproving a post before being able to see whats in it is a bit to much like the gov

Allow at least thumnails to be viewed in pending messages aproving a post before being able to see whats in it is a bit to much like the goverment.

16th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    carl listercarl lister shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi Carl

Thumbnails of attachments are being displayed in the pending messages screen and they can be individually downloaded.

Marking this idea as Completed. Thank you for your feedback.

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you cannot view or should I say preview any image in any browser with out downloading each one

• RichardRichard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should not be completed. You can not view thumbnails in Yahoo Groups pending messages. You can see embedded images, but not the attached thumbnails. That defeats the purpose of moderating a conversation that may not pertain to the group. Please fix this. I use Windows XP Home, IE8 sponsored by Yahoo and Google Chrome. It is the same on both browsers.

"Thumbnails of attachments are being displayed in the pending messages screen and they can be individually downloaded."
        That is a straight up lie! Liar liar pants on fire! There is no Y! Group with ability to see jpegs in pending messages. We have no idea what a member is trying to send before it's approved. Are they sending a murder in progress? Kids being sexually abused? Who knows & Yahoo! doesn't care! They'd rather lie about it & pretend the problem doesn't exist.

This is NOT True. They are NOT being displayed in thumbnails in Firefox or MSIE. We have to manually open each individual thumbnail. The only way around this I can see is to be notified via email of the pending message & view the message in my email client...but this requires sending big messages back to me for apoproval, The best way to review pending messages is to see what they hold on the home pave/conversations

• Robert HareRobert Hare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can assure you that thumbnails are *never* showing in Firefox v28, IE v11 or Google Chrome (to hear from others on the latter). I set my (so-called) security and safety settings as low as Windows will allow, allow cross domain display, I-frames, mixed content, etc. and accept all cookies and I still can't get *any* thumbnails to display when moderating pending messages. We only see a 'grey square' with an image name (which proves absolutely nothing). There is still no way to preview messages for topicality in our groups.
        John is correct. I can rarely download the images (sometimes one or two) but any more than that all I get is garbage characters and SQL error messages out the wha,zoo.
        PLEASE restore the ability to preview images via thumbnails.

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a post contains 5 attachments (i.e. photos) seeing the thumbnails can usually make it a quick determination if the post is valid. As it stands now you have to individually download EACH full size photo. Which *MIGHT* be OK, except that you can never get to the last two thumbnails because you always get a page full of SQL errors with the message:
        {"errorMessage":"Internal error: error occurred while fetching atta...","sid":"SID:YHOO:groups.yahoo.com:3045ec428bf0b2f17720cc2915bc8ad2:0","httpStatus":500,"errorCode":1001,"hostname":"gapi1.grp.bf1.yahoo.com"}}

AGAIN, IF YOU CAN"T DUPLICATE THIS, LET ME KNOW because it happens EVERY TIME!

How in the world can this be marked as completed when all we get are blank boxes and a "Save" button?

This is still broken!

• JOEYJOEY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the most basic features, and Yahoo can't get this right. For owners/mods, we MUST see what is being posted, in order to know if the members are following the rules of the group. I know this can be done, because the thumbnails are visible in the "conversations" so just a slight modification of code should take care of this. You don't need to "gather feedback" for this, just DO IT.

Not sure how this is not a bug, but there is a "Save" link under each attachment. It USED to work on Dec 24, 2013. As of Jan 01, 2014 it now gives what looks like a series of sql code followed eventually with:
        {"errorMessage":"Internal error: error occurred while fetching atta...","sid":"SID:YHOO:groups.yahoo.com:3045ec428bf0b2f17720cc2915bc8ad2:0","httpStatus":500,"errorCode":1001,"hostname":"gapi1.grp.bf1.yahoo.com"}}

Yahoo, contact me if you want see this!

I am currently having to approve posts 1 by 1, by e-mail on a group with over 20 posts a day. Now multiply that by the 6 groups I am moderating and you can see that's a lot of e-mails going back and forth. Would be much better if we could preview the attachments IN THE APPROVAL section of the group!

• bodieangelsbodieangels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED to be able to read the message and SEE any attachments
        w/o downloading them in case they are Viruses or Malware !!

Yahoo has Seriously BROKEN a system that was NOT Broken !!
        "Add your Ads" BUT put our Groups Back the way they were, PLEASE !!

The only way to preview the file is if you get the "Yahoo Groups Notification" message. And since that doesn't go to every admin or moderator, some of them approve things that shouldn't be approved.

"Sometimes" you can down load them to view the attachments one by one, but most of the time you get a redirection URL that is so long the browser just throws up a blank screen! Great!

• Debi JDebi J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature - viewing an attachment before it's approved. If a list has graphics, the moderator needs to be able to see that the member has complied with the rules. It is way too easy for someone to join a group that might be a competitor or that belongs to someone he doesn't like, and then start sending in malicious emails containing viruses or ****, or even something like a program which isn't allowed to be sent through. If someone wants to get a list shut down for copyright infringement, all they have to do is get a fake email, join that list, and send through something - say the Adobe Photoshop program - even though the group doesn't allow it, and the owner/moderator might quickly move to ban the member, the damage has been done and Adobe could force Yahoo to close that group. It's a headache for you, a headache for the owner who doesn't allow copyright infringement, and a boon to people who love to create drama, and get revenge. If you think this sort of thing DOESN'T happen, you are in lala land. I had one person who was removed from a group for spam rejoin and then send through all sorts of copyrighted material before I could ban her, and then she turned it all in for copyright violation. The only reason the list hadn't been removed was that I placated the copyright owners before it got to that point.

• Your NameYour Name commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The changes introduced with NEO make Yahoo much MORE prone to viruses and malware attacks, LESS privacy-sensitive, and MUCH less useable. If Yahoo's real objective was to destroy its Groups product and drive everyone away, they have **** an outstanding job.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base