Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

List of issues faced and feature enhancements requested

Original Title : Features bugging or missing in groups - situation on november 15

Nubia, owner of Nubia_group, 38.000+ members

1- i cannot approve any member on the web ->> same error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content." i am obliged to approve all members via email
i am owner of an other smaller group, and in this one I CAN APPROVE members
why i cannot approve in one group and i can in an other ?

2 – The pending mails as you show them is a nightmare to manage the pending should be as a LIST like before – this is not suitable for big groups who have a lot of mails in pending
the way the pending mails actually show up are exactly like if you had 100 mails in your mail box alll open at the same time and showing one after one
you must add back the pending mails as a LIST

3 - pending mails : VIEW SOURCE - THIS IS A BASIC NECESSARY TOOL for a group owner/moderator
you added back the option to edit a mail - but i think you do not know what means “EDIT A MAIL” ->>>
we need to EDIT THE SOURCE of the mails in pending and see the HTML CODES of the mails like before in case we have to remove hyperlinks

4- pending mails : the "approve/reject" buttom should be ON TOP of each mail and not at the end to avoid unnecesary scroll down

5 - pending mails : there are 2 ways to embed a photo inside a mail
a- you can embed them as a holinked link - these pictures show up in pending mails
b- you can embed photos from your hard disk - in this case the photos are embed as an attachment
and in this case the embeded photos DO NOT SHOW UP in the pending mails
in yahoo classic when we edited a mail these embeded photos appeared as an attachment and we could see them
now the mails appear like EMPTY
you must show up all embeded photos in pending mails and show them as attachments so we can see what we approve

6- pending mails : the pending mails preview is cut on the right size – so the photos do not appear fully
i publish e-cards they are all cut on the right size
you added a "slide bar" to scroll from right to left to see the mails
this slide bar is NOT STABLE when we go again on top the mail it deseapear
why adding a slide bar - the mail should appear all at once like before - you have place on the right why cutting the mails in 2 ?
whenever you decide to let the slide bar to scroll from left to right , it SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE PENDING MAILS and not under
all these bad features make us losing too much time time

7 - pending mails : we must have the possibility to classify the pending mails by order of the SENDER ID on the list

8- same problem as the pending mails : the messages in the “conversation page” are cut on the right size
you added a "slide bar" to scroll from right to left to see the mails
but this slide bar is NOT STABLE when we go again on top the mail it desepear
again why this scroll bar not stable ? you should show the mail fully at once like before without the need of a scroll bar not working

9 – i cannot make any search in the “activity log” – this is necessary

10 – i cannot UNBOUNCE members –
there is a BUG in the unbounce - when you choose a bouncing member, in same time it is written that you can send him a reactivation request because the last was sent in more than 24 hours
but when you clic on “send reactivation request” it is written that “We sent a reactivation request in the last 24 hours. Only one reactivation request can be sent within that time frame”
even the date of the last reactivation request was much older - so what is right ? if the reactivation request is older than 24 hours why after does it say you already sent it in less than 24 hour ?
you say one thing and the contrary at the same time !

11 - bouncing members should have the possiblity to unbounce themselves even they do not have a YAHOO ID - You could create a mail adresse like groupname-unbounce@yahoogroups.com

12 – when i chose to classify my members by date of arrival and not by alphabetic order, my choice is NOT SAVED next time it is again by alphabetic order – the choice SHOULD BE SAVED
it was saved in classic groups

13 – we need the complete message historic on the home page of the group like before a member who wish to join the group need to know how many mails he will receive daily or montly
and date of creation of the group - the Info you show up on the "about page" are no NOT ENOUGHT

so PLEASE GIVE US THESE THINGS WE NEED BACK

at the end i will say that i HATE THE NEW LOOK AND I HATE THE NEO GROUPS
i opened this group in 2005 and i really loved it - but now I HATE IT !
i try to make it work because some members do not want me to close it !

SO PROVE US THAT YAHOO CAN STILL WORK THE WAY WE NEED IT TO WORK
otherwise for me there is no more reason to keep this group
3 long month that we suffer because of this nightmare, i think it's too many efforts given for sometimes which do not deserve it !

Thank you

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NubiaNubia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering feedback  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

1- I cannot approve any member on the web

Yahoo :This is not an issue and it works fine – Please log a ticket with customer care we can assist you with this.

2 – The pending mails as you show them is a nightmare to manage the pending should be as a LIST like before – this is not suitable for big groups who have a lot of mails in pending 
the way the pending mails actually show up are exactly like if you had 100 mails in your mail box alll open at the same time and showing one after one 
you must add back the pending mails as a LIST

Yahoo: The enhancement to show all messages in expanded view one below the other was made based popular request from our customer on this forum.

3 – pending mails : VIEW SOURCETHIS IS A BASIC NECESSARY TOOL for a group owner/moderator 
you added back the option to edit a mail – but i think you do not know what means “EDIT A MAIL” →>> 
we need to EDIT THE SOURCE of the mails in pending and see the HTML CODES of the mails like before in case we have to remove hyperlinks

Yahoo: While approving pending messages moderators can edit the message before approving.

4- pending mails : the “approve/reject” buttom should be ON TOP of each mail and not at the end to avoid unnecesary scroll down

Yahoo :The thinking is that a message is reviewed before approving so the approve /reject button is placed below.

5 – pending mails : there are 2 ways to embed a photo inside a mail 
a- you can embed them as a holinked link – these pictures show up in pending mails 
b- you can embed photos from your hard disk – in this case the photos are embed as an attachment 
and in this case the embeded photos DO NOT SHOW UP in the pending mails 
in yahoo classic when we edited a mail these embeded photos appeared as an attachment and we could see them 
now the mails appear like EMPTY 
you must show up all embeded photos in pending mails and show them as attachments so we can see what we approve

Yahoo : We will verify and respond to this one

6- pending mails : the pending mails preview is cut on the right size – so the photos do not appear fully 
i publish e-cards they are all cut on the right size 
you added a “slide bar” to scroll from right to left to see the mails 
this slide bar is NOT STABLE when we go again on top the mail it deseapear 
why adding a slide bar – the mail should appear all at once like before – you have place on the right why cutting the mails in 2 ? 
whenever you decide to let the slide bar to scroll from left to right , it SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE PENDING MAILS and not under
    all these bad features make us losing too much time time

Yahoo : in addition to scrollbar we’ve also introduced the ability to expand the center column when reading a message. by clicking on the edge of the visible area where you see " >" a tool tip “Hide Advertisement” 

7 – pending mails : we must have the possibility to classify the pending mails by order of the SENDER ID on the list

Yahoo : sort order of pending messages is by time – your request is to also have ability to sort the list by sender

8- same problem as the pending mails : the messages in the “conversation page” are cut on the right size 
you added a “slide bar” to scroll from right to left to see the mails 
but this slide bar is NOT STABLE when we go again on top the mail it desepear 
again why this scroll bar not stable ? you should show the mail fully at once like before without the need of a scroll bar not working

Yahoo : in addition to scrollbar we’ve also introduced the ability to expand the center column when reading a message. by clicking on the edge of the visible area where you see " >" a tool tip “Hide Advertisement” 

9 – i cannot make any search in the “activity log” – this is necessary
    Yahoo : This is being implemented and would be rolled out soon. 

10 – i cannot UNBOUNCE members – 
there is a BUG in the unbounce – when you choose a bouncing member, in same time it is written that you can send him a reactivation request because the last was sent in more than 24 hours 
but when you clic on “send reactivation request” it is written that “We sent a reactivation request in the last 24 hours. Only one reactivation request can be sent within that time frame” 
even the date of the last reactivation request was much older – so what is right ? if the reactivation request is older than 24 hours why after does it say you already sent it in less than 24 hour ? 
you say one thing and the contrary at the same time !

Yahoo : The unbound action results in a confirmation message that might be a bit misleading – will fix the message. The functionality work fine.

11 – bouncing members should have the possiblity to unbounce themselves even they do not have a YAHOO ID – You could create a mail adresse like groupname-unbounce@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo : We will consider this new feature request and prioritize with other pending feature requests backlog

12 – when i chose to classify my members by date of arrival and not by alphabetic order, my choice is NOT SAVED next time it is again by alphabetic order – the choice SHOULD BE SAVED 
it was saved in classic groups

Yahoo : Remembering sort order on members page per browser – this enhancement will be made soon

13 – we need the complete message historic on the home page of the group like before…

Yahoo : We are tracking this request already and we would prioritize with other pending feature requests backlog

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      •  Galeno Lima Galeno Lima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's ridiculous that we have to review pending messagens one by one, when most of it are junk (spam filters for groups that are opened to external emails don't work). It's not needed to review the whole email to reject it, merely seeing the sender and subject does the trick. It should be much easier and faster to approve lots of emails. We can't review 500 hundred emails in order to approve 5 (yes, that happened to me yesterday). The option to approve an individual email through the link that appear on the individual email doesn't work anymore on this awful neo interface.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When reading a message, I would like to see not only the yahoo alias but also the email of the person who posted on the group! It used to be possible, now one doesnt see anything !

Also, links in messages cannot be clicked, it is very unconvenient !

• MakitkMakitk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, Yahoo? There's so much wrong with your "admin response" that I don't even know where to begin.
        Just fix things instead of making lazy excuses as to why you pushed an UNFINISHED AND UNTESTED PRODUCT upon MILLIONS of people, many of which are now leaving your DISSERVICE.

• Belle-Ile en MerBelle-Ile en Mer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

thousands french (and many other thousands other accentuated characters
        languages) groups are in big trouble since NEO. A bad character encoding
        is affecting the databases of our groups: all tables are impacted: users
        ones .. and Yahoo ones. Archived messages are corrupted. Whatever the
        format members are using, for sending or receiving, txt or html, from or
        to any of the main client mail program (apple, pc, linux, android ..) or
        main French webmail, messages are translated in html miss encoded as soon
        they are delivered to the moderator interface. As we're not any more able
        to edit multi-parts messages (tx / html) nor the source of the message, we
        are not able to delete html parts of the message, and deliver it to
        members in text only. Messages are completely messed when members try to
        read them. And the encoding problem grows each time a message is replied:
        bad encoding is encoded again !!

see:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/5429711-ongoing-problems-with-database

• Tarry Jim MastersTarry Jim Masters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only investigate educational opportunities, but enrollment is an object not within my budget. I am retired and opportunities for reemployment does limit truthfully.

• CharliCharli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love how they simply dismiss any of our problems and tell us they work fine. Simple solution. Bring back classic yahoo groups and fire Mayer. I will not be buying any advertised products on yahoo as long as NEO exists.

Yahoo lies about many of their functions working fine. We all know that.

For now - these servers are unaffected. You have to completely *recreate* the group through these servers, but they are Classic functionality.

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/

http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/

They will probably never figure out how badly they've screwed up. And Google groups are much more reliable, though without the bells and whistles. But for now - these do work if you are willing to start your group over.

:)

• NubiaNubia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FOR YAHOO - new issue
        we had in Classic groups the ability to auto-post files to the PENDING MEMBERS and DENIED MEMBERSHIP - the files are still there but you removed the ability to post to these 2 categories with NEO

also we need to post mails with trch text editor to the NEW MEMBERS and not only text files

answer to Yahoo
        today november 20 is the 1st time since you launched NEO that i could APPROVE new members on the web - after so many weeks at least you could fix this BUG
        i hope this is resolved FOREVER and the issue will not reappear
        Nubia

nwer to yahoo about N° 5 - the EMBEDED images not showing on the group mails and pending mails

you said : Yahoo : We will verify and respond to this one

i made you one exemple
        see the mail here :
        http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Nubia_Group/conversations/messages/29753
        the purple image do not show up on the group

now see the copy screen of how we receive the SAME VIA EMAIL
        pic.twitter.com/Mp2ti5a12z

THE PURPLE IMAGE SHOW UP

answer to YAHOO about the ability to expand the center column when reading a message in PENDING MAILS

Yahoo a said : in addition to scrollbar we’ve also introduced the ability to expand the center column when reading a message. by clicking on the edge of the visible area where you see " >" a tool tip “Hide Advertisement” 

my answer : this DO NOW WORK IN THE PENDING MAILS
        the ability to expand the center column when reading a message. by clicking on the edge of the visible area where you see " >" a tool tip “Hide Advertisement” 

IT ONLY WORKS IN THE CONVERSATION PAGE I TRIED IT AND IT'S GOOD IN THE CONVERSATION PAGE BUT in pending mails it doesn"t work
        TRY YOURSELF AND YOU WILL SEE

Answer to Yahoo about the PENDING MAILS as a list

yo usaid "Yahoo: The enhancement to show all messages in expanded view one below the other was made based popular request from our customer on this forum." i think this is false as it was already like this on your neww version BEFORE the creation of this forum - so the users did not ask for it

ANYWAY

give a CHOICE to the owners
        pending mails expended or as a list

expended can be suitable for SMALL GROUPS
        but is it NOT FOR BIGGER groups who receive a lot of pending mails daily

answer to YAHOO team

you said : in addition to scrollbar we’ve also introduced the ability to expand the center column when reading a message. by clicking on the edge of the visible area where you see " >" a tool tip “Hide Advertisement” 

thank you - i see now this possibility i will inform my members about it
        this is the only POSITIVE point for me

answer to the YAHOO TEAM
        you say 3 –
        Yahoo: While approving pending messages moderators can edit the message before approving.

you did NOT answer the request
        we need the VIEW SOURCE while we edit a mail
        actyally we can EDIT a mail but we CANNOT VIEW SOURCES

answer to the YAHOO team
        you say
        2 – The pending mails as you show them is a nightmare to manage the pending should be as a

Yahoo: The enhancement to show all messages in expanded view one below the other was made based popular request from our customer on this forum.

please show us the link of this survey where group owners asked to show pending mails this way

Answer to the YAHOO team
        i still CANNOT APPROVE MEMBERS TODAY
        i filled a support request [Incident: 131026-022194]
        i sent screen shot today to show the error message

I support for the suggestion given by Nubia. I hope the issues will take care immediately.

hi to whom it my concern I do not know how 2 vote on here I like it like it is thanks God bless u all

• sai ngoh yuetsai ngoh yuet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the inspiring articles posted frequently by Nubia group. I give my utmost support to all the above suggestions by Nubia owner. Pls fascilate him not frustrate ! TQ

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base