Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

Disaster When Editing Database File

As a Yahoo Group owner/moderator of a particular group for many years, I "edited" an active Database file. It is my responsibility to keep Database files up-to-date. Members of this Group may not create nor edit any database file. Database files benefit ALL members of my Group.

Recently, I edited an important file and, after clicking "Save," I was denied access to this Database file. This Database file now reads: "Updated on Dec. 28, 1969. All members now see that same statement.

As a test, I made one simple change in an ordinarily less active Database file. After clicking "Save" the Database file also says "Updated on Dec. 28, 1969." Ridicules results!!

Please help to rectify. Thank you.

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    WernerWerner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

We’ve rolled out a revamped database experience and have enhanced how we handle accented characters. We’ve also increased limits on number of tables, columns and rows. Read more here:

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/77198925232/groups-database-experience-revamped

Do check out the changes.

Marking this ideas as completed. If there are specific issues or feedback you have, kindly post it here on the feedback forum.

Hi Werner,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your idea. I’ve seen this reported on Answers and did file a bug with engineering to get it investigated and resolved. At this time they’ve stated it’s resolved for at least one customer but I am working to confirm it should be resolved for all customers.

If you or anyone receiving this email is still experiencing this issue, please post about it here:

http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylt=Am7gtU4DnwGKmx_L8UXxTIsP.Bd.;_ylv=3?sid=396546285

We need your Group name and an explanation of the problem so we know what to look for. The more information you provide, the more our support staff will be able to assist!

Thank you for reporting this issue and for participating on our feedback forum!

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base