Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

FILES section full of glitches. Word documents uploaded can't be opened. PDFs uploaded go blank. Files can't be deleted

39th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TeresaTeresa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EevieEevie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate that you are working on fixing this issue. However, I have many files scheduled to go out monthly, and upon joining but when I go into the notification area, none are showing - still. This is NOT complete.

My groups affected:

TacomaAreaFreecycle - 7163 members no recent Mod changes
        FreecycleEastKingCountyWA - 3372 members no recent Mod changes

Update to my post:

Same issue on all of my groups. Word documents aren't able to be opened. The ones that we are actually able to schedule are not sent out.

This MUST be fixed!

My groups affected:

TacomaAreaFreecycle - 7163 members no recent Mod changes
        FreecycleEastKingCountyWA - 3372 members no recent Mod changes

both of our Cafe groups with less than 1000 members are not affected.

• Celestina1810Celestina1810 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to ALL of our groups as well!

Because Yahoo does NOT make it easy to "edit" longer files, for years, our prayer group has written new monthly Daily Devotions and deleted the Daily Devotions for that month from last year. This year, when we tried that approach for January, we discovered that, no matter how many times we commanded the File section to delete the Deeper Study January file from last year - the January file just kept popping back up. Now we have TWO January files - one from last year and one for 2014! EVEN WORSE - even though we chose to eliminate the bi-weekly and monthly release of the 2013 January Deeper Study file - the File for January of LAST year - 2013 - was released, whereas the file for January of THIS year - 2014 - was NOT released! IF there is now some complicated process needed - BESIDES choosing to delete LAST year's file - then Yahoo should provide a link to wherever we need to go in order to read up on whatever elaborate process is now needed. PLUS - Whenever we CHANGE the schedule for release of files - we soon discover that the CHANGES which we SAVED - have been ignored. For example, when we no longer need to release the Daily Devotions files for September, October and other months - during January 2014, for example - no matter how many times we CHANGE the schedule for release of those Daily Devotions files - the next time we check, the File schedule is the same that it was during, for example, the months of September and October! Whatever is going on - Yahoo either needs to provide a place where whatever elaborate procedures are now required can be COMPLETELY explained - or restore the FORMER process for accomplishing all of those tasks - because, ONCE UPON A TIME, accomplishing those tasks was fairly easy to do.

Same issue on all of my groups. Word documents aren't able to be opened. The ones that we are actually able to schedule are not sent out.

This MUST be fixed!

• RobRob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can now use zip files again, but still can't delete unneeded.

• L. PlackL. Plack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is Yahoo ever going to get all of these problems that have occurred since making changes months ago sorted out so that we can have a good experience in the Groups again? Your "improvements" have been a bust since the beginning! Thousands of complaints later, the glitches continue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous commented? I gave you may name, and I'm signed into Yahoo. Wow, another Yahoo glitch. What a surprise.
        Forrest D. Poston

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to wonder if Yahoo can be this utterly incompentent in so many ways for such a long time, or if they are actually trying to force people to give up on groups by making everything so insanely flawed. And I note that Yahoo is now making it harder to complain about the growing number of problems.

• Penny RobertsPenny Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to my group too. It is a recent bug because a member successfully uploaded a file earlier in December, but now we have exactly the same problems you've reported: Word docs can't be opened or show as gobbledygook (in Open Office) and PDFs are blank when opened.

Feedback and Knowledge Base